• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie Sanders Campaign files procedural papers to continue lawsuit against DNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

stufte

So this is the same suit from Dec, and the Judge gave them a deadline to continue or not and they decided to continue. So what. also: fuck the DNC. Especially Wasserman, she's the worst.

The filing and administrative work that this lawsuit will entail will probably wind up costing more than the $75,000 judgment they're seeking.

Which means he's doing this out of principle
or spite, depending on your candidate of choice

I wonder where his campaign's recent conga line of embarrassment will end up next.

JABEE

Would be amazing if he did. I would definitely vote for him. Question is whether or not he would be able to maintain the same level of fundraising.

Me too. We need a viable independent candidate. It would prove that Democracy is still alive in this country.

The United States needs a representative liberal party.

Slayven

So he is suing the people who his Primary 2.0 plan is to convince to side with him.

This top tier political maneuvering is what you get when your campaign manager use to be a comic store owner.

Vice

So this is the same suit from Dec, and the Judge gave them a deadline to continue or not and they decided to continue. So what. also: fuck the DNC. Especially Wasserman, she's the worst.
What is so bad sbout the DNC and Wasserman?

Steel

Banned
Me too. We need a viable independent candidate. It would prove that Democracy is still alive in this country.

The only way an independent candidate would work without actively acting against their own interests is if they were centrist enough to draw voters from both parties.

Mechazawa

Sanders’ lawyers originally filed the lawsuit in December, shortly after the campaign’s access to the voter file was revoked. An anonymous source close to the Sanders campaign told The Hill that they expect the process to continue amicably as both sides await the results of the audit.

“We’re dealing with the DNC on an issue where we felt that they did not deal straight with us from the beginning, so the reason to keep this in place was to make sure Senator Sanders is treated fairly in this process,” the source said.

DNC spokesman Mark Paustenbach told The Hill that both sides are continuing to work to resolve all legal issues.

“We continue to have productive discussions with the Sanders campaign and look forward to resolving this matter,” he said.

Today’s serving of lawsuit papers has been called “procedural” by the Sanders source, and is meant to provide a lengthened window of time for the campaign to continue the lawsuit after a judge gave the campaign a three-day window to file the lawsuit or risk having it dropped from federal court.

By all accounts, this sounds like it's a "lawsuit" rather than a lawsuit.

Mael

It's pretty funny because for the same event the DNC could sue Sanders Campaign and ask for damage.
Actually it would be funny if they countersued and won.
Would serve Sanders right.

This was absolutely the last issue with the way this election has gone where his campaign should have been advocating for legal action.

andthebeatgoeson

So, go down in flames, attacking Hillary until November, not consolidating support, attacking the Democrats at every spot? Is that what the next few months looks like?

Not like this, Bernard. A lawsuit over less than 24 hours of inaccessibility.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
So he is suing the people who his Primary 2.0 plan is to convince to side with him.

This top tier political maneuvering is what you get when your campaign manager use to be a comic store owner.

Yeah, this honestly is above me as I can't see any favorable outcome to this action. Even if Sanders manages to pull a nomination, his relation with the DNC will be in shambles.

JABEE

The only way an independent candidate would work without actively acting against their own interests is if they were centrist enough to draw voters from both parties.

You have to start somewhere. Incremental change brought us Reagan, Clinton and the Bush family.

The system is broken. The country needs a third party that can compete and grow, even if it means jeopardizing the chances of another Clinton occupying the White House.

Ashodin

It's not about the money...

It's about the message

The DNC cannot keep treating other candidates than their favorite as bastard children.

noshten

So this is the same suit from Dec, and the Judge gave them a deadline to continue or not and they decided to continue. So what.

Pretty much and OP missing the actual key part of the article as usual. Sanders campaign is keeping the suit active in case of shenanigans

Sanders’ lawyers originally filed the lawsuit in December, shortly after the campaign’s access to the voter file was revoked. An anonymous source close to the Sanders campaign told The Hill that they expect the process to continue amicably as both sides await the results of the audit.

“We’re dealing with the DNC on an issue where we felt that they did not deal straight with us from the beginning, so the reason to keep this in place was to make sure Senator Sanders is treated fairly in this process,” the source said.

The data breach in question is entirely the fault of the vendor(NGP VAN) who hosts the DNC data and thus it is within the legal rights of the Sanders campaign to file a lawsuit because the DNC breached a contract with the Sanders campaign. No where in that contract are there any clauses that allow the DNC to deny the Sanders campaign access without a week notice, which they failed to do.

Jesus Christ, Sanders. You sure like to go down swinging, don't you?

If he ultimately runs as an independent candidate and Trump wins, I'll lose all respect for the man.

Once again Bernie proves why he doesn't need to be anywhere near the presidency. This short-sighted bullshit dose nothing to help. Particularly his message.

Crocodile

Why? What is the point? Between how much time/money it would cost him & his team, how little money this is in the grand scheme, how the DNC still needs that money to put to good use and that this all happened over an incident his own campaign instigate this looks petty as fuck.

Would be amazing if he did. I would definitely vote for him. Question is whether or not he would be able to maintain the same level of fundraising.

I hope you're ok with a Trump/Cruz Presidency and the Supreme Court judges they would appoint

lol @ these responses from hilgaf. classic.

LOL I'd love to see you try to justify this

Steel

Banned
You have to start somewhere. Incremental change brought us Reagan, Clinton and the Bush family.

The system is broken. The country needs a third party that can compete and grow, even if it means jeopardizing the chances of another Clinton occupying the White House.

A third party run from Bernie, if it inspires future third party runs of that ilk, would basically mean that we have Trump as president this year and Cruz as president in 2024 and then Cruz 2.0 as president in 2032. I don't call that starting anywhere.

dramatis

I think he and his campaign should have let it go, considering that the DNC and Hillary's campaign had also let their grievances go.

I don't want things to get even more bitter than it already is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom