• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Denis Villeneuve to direct "Cleopatra."

Following in the footsteps of Fincher, Greengrass, and Cameron, Villeneuve is the next director to tackle this project.
Deadline hears that Villeneuve will re-develop to direct Cleopatra, the epic female empowerment story of one of history’s most complex heroines. Based on the bestselling Stacy Schiff biography that is being produced by Scott Rudin and Amy Pascal, Cleopatra has seen the biggest filmmaker names circle this one

He has also been one of the three director names on the short list to direct the next James Bond film, along with ’71 and White Boy Rick director Yann Demange and David Mackenzie, the Hell or High Water director now filming Outlaw King, the story of rebellious Scottish king Robert the Bruce, for Netflix. Villenueve is also developing a new version of Frank Herbert’s sci-fi classic Dune for Legendary Entertainment. The expectation is 007 isn’t in the cards, and that he can work on Cleopatra while directing Dune.

Mods, please merge. Nothing came up in the search but i was too slow.

I'm sure it will be great as he is super talented, but I was kind of hoping he would stick to sci-fi from now on, because he's one of the few directors who really get it for me.

Solo

This dude needs to take a fucking vacation before he burns out. Absolutely INSANE few years for him.

Jarmel

Banned
Wait what the fuck.

Isn't he supposed to do Dune now?

Edit: Okay so this would be afterwards. Guess that means Dune will be a single movie.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Well, whether it's any good or not, it'll be the most gorgeous film set in ancient Egypt ever made. Dude is a master.

Top Bottom