• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 DLC: Automatron ($10), WW ($5), Far Harbor ($25), More; Season Pass -> $50

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I knew this is what was happening.

I fucking knew it. Knew the season pass would be not be as advertised.

There is no way and I mean no way that $25 DLC is really worth $25. No way. It's probably really a $15 (maybe even $10) DLC with the price upped so they could convince people of "value"

Both of the bigger Skyrim DLCs had this problem. Neither were worth $20. Dawnguard was a $10 DLC that cost $20. Dragonborn was good but similar Bethesda DLC offered equal content for $10.

I'll wait for a bundled up version with everything for $7.98 on Steam in two years... Already feel burned by the default $60 experience that was lackluster so I'm not willing to support this at full price. Hope its good though.

GavinUK86

Not falling for their pricing scheme. At that price Far Harbor should be a proper expansion. I'll wait and see, but the cheap GOTY edition seems like the sensible choice, as always.

It is a proper expansion.

"Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons."

Sounds worth it to me.

Considering the £15 price hike I might jump on board with the expansion pass now. I never buy 'em but if Far Harbor is as big as they say, and there's more like it coming, it'll be worth it.

I already built a secret prison in my settlement. Now they are just enabling me. This DLC plan sounds amazing.

FYI: Season Pass is still 30 bucks on the PSN store

Koh

I have to say they did the right thing with making a season pass give everything instead of just making season pass 2.

I'm also surprised that fallout 4 outsold skyrim. Seems the changes they made to the game really did resonate with the market. Can't say it was a good game from my perspective, but I'm glad so many others enjoyed it.

2 expansions and some animal trapping minigame are worth nearly the price for the FULL game?

uhhhhhhhhhhh.

those better be some BIG expansions.

Ricker

Well one out of 3 aint that bad,just interested in Far Harbour...waiting for the rest but with the hike of the season pass,might grab it before March 1st anyway...

Phionoxx

Have the season pass ready to go on PC. Still need to get back to the base game and finish the main quest. Got about 60 hours in and moved on to other games, but looking forward to diving back in!

Bethesda going for a very smart trick to get an influx on season pass purchases, and you can sure as hell bet it's going to work. "Oh wow it's $50 worth of season pass but I can get it for $30".

The annoying part is that I'm probably going to be one of those people because I enjoyed the game, despite not quite finishing it yet.

This and Dying Light increasing Season Pass prices isn't something I hope becomes standard. From now on, any game that does this, I'll just wait for the GOTY Edition. Then again, I was planning on doing that for Fallout 4 anyway, since I know Bethesda and their bugs.

Lanrutcon

It is a proper expansion.

"Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons."

Sounds worth it to me.

You don't know if it is until it's released. You're judging solely off a blurb that was created with the sole intention of selling you something.

I...what? The total of those items is $40. Is that bjuast announced stuff and more is coming?
Was about to post this...why is the season pass jumping to $50, when all of those add ons are $40 when bought individually? What's the point of the season pass then?

F-Pina

Finally I know what the season pass gets me. Now I might get it since the content interests me. Building robots sounds great!
But increasing it to 60 after 1st of March claiming that they are doing the community a favor and that it is a big thank you? Just assume you couldnt price at 60 earlier because nobody would buy it instead, and you need to readjust prices Bethesda.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Sounds cool but Witcher 3 is setting the bar really high when it comes to season pass content for an RPG.

CD Projekt RED sets the bar really high for everything.

SeanTSC

This is pretty exciting for me. I absolutely loved all of the FO3 and NV DLC. I'm glad that they're expanding the season pass.

"More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016. "

So all the expansions will include more content than the entire main game?

Forgive me if I find it difficult to believe you, Bethesda.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Far Harbour is the only one that looks remotely interesting, I imagine the other two will be disappointing.

Season pass at $30 seems pretty good now especially if more dlc than this is coming as they say.

If ya don't like it, then don't buy it or wait, every Bethesda game of these has had alot of dlc packs, and they all go on sale with time.

I'm not returning for more settlement stuff, already had my fill of that. Disappointing, but I guess it was kind of obvious that's what we were in for.

HorcaCZ

Well, this just confirmed my decision, I´ll wait for complete edition release. No way I am paying for something like this in advance.

I knew this is what was happening.

I fucking knew it. Knew the season pass would be not be as advertised.

There is no way and I mean no way that $25 DLC is really worth $25. No way. It's probably really a $15 (maybe even $10) DLC with the price upped so they could convince people of "value"
Wait what was advertised

Well I get paid on the 25th of February. Good timing for me. Definitely getting the season pass them. Good on them for giving a fair warning on the price increase.

Ricker

Was about to post this...why is the season pass jumping to $50, when all of those add ons are $40 when bought individually? What's the point of the season pass then?

They are saying when all is done its going to be 60 worth of content lol...might just get Far Harbour,still saving 6 bucks since I have no interest in the 2 other so far...

Top Bottom