• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Hasney

temp_youtube_banner_image.jpg

tddxQzY.png

So unfortunately Gametrailers has shut down like in some awful event where Hoggar got a critical failure. There's a thread for that here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181564

3kZpEnJ.gif

I know you may be feeling like this:

damianicomforts.gif

or this:

ulcsm5k.gif

HOWEVER, hope is not lost. Brandon says in a couple of weeks when Blood is back from his honeymoon, they're gonna meet and see what can be done.

What does this mean for all the old content? Who knows, it could go at any minute. YOU CAN HELP THOUGH as the archive team are running a co-ordinated effort that would just have you running a virtual machine running a download script to help archive it. If you want to help, see here: http://www.archiveteam.org/index.php?title=GameTrailers

8ICaUbw.gif

ALL THE GIFS YOU COULD WANT: http://gtgifs.imgur.com/

FORMER STAFF TWITTERS & GAF ACCOUNTS

Brandon Jones - @TrailerJones GAF: GameTrailersVO
Daniel Bloodworth - @dbloodworth2 GAF: Bloodworth
Kyle Bosman - @kylebosman GAF: Bosman
Michael Huber - @MichealPHuber
Michael Damiani - @mbdamiani GAF: Mike D
Ben Moore - @benmoore035 GAF: Grayfox431
Ian Hinck - @IanHinck
Elyse Willems - @ElyseWillems
Don Casanova - @thenasacova
Bradley Ellis - @bradleyellis87
Matt Blair - @Mattius14
Andrea Rene - @andrearene

This is pretty awesome. I enjoy GT's content and have never actually had much issues with their player but YouTube is way more better and convenient. I hope this will give them a strong revenue of currency to keep them afloat.

Hasney

yeaaahhh.

did they reveal their tuesday hype announcement yet, im not expecting much tbh

It's a show called the Huber Hype, every Tuesday which fills that hole in their schedule.

The only thing I'm not liking about this move to more YouTube is the Reviews and Just Played's happening on another channel that doesn't have GT even in the URL. Hopefully they don't get lost in the shuffle.

Hasney

It's always the right time for more Pop Fiction content. Shame it's fairly infrequent lately.

I'm not entirely sure what the full plan is with that. Damiani is being let go in the not too distant future and he did most of the leg work on it. Hopefully they have someone who cna carry it on.

Begaria

Wooo, subscribed to their youtube channels. The potential loss of Pop Fiction due to Damiani being let go is overriden by the return of Retrospectives.

Auctopus

lol. at least the chain of disappointing twitter hype reveals is unbroken.

GT were fully aware of how people were receiving their tweets. It was purposeful which makes me think (despite huber being a very hypeful person) that the show will take a more analytical approach to hype.

iNvid02

im glad they finally decided to embrace youtube, i havent been able to stream the full 3.5mbps video quality for like a year now.

GT were fully aware of how people were receiving their tweets. It was purposeful which makes me think (despite huber being a very hypeful person) that the show will take a more analytical approach to hype.

that would be an interesting take, dont think there has been a weekly segment dedicated to saying "hey, keep your hype in check" before.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I hope they find a big enough audience that they current amount of employees can keep working together for as long as they want.

Also does this mean as part of their job they actually have to read YouTube comments? (Kyle bringing up comments on GT Time.)

I don't know how much his on-screen persona differs from the actual person but the way he presents himself on screen is the personification of hype.

Yonafunu

Just a heads up; The Last Bosman always appears late on the Youtube channel. The Youtube channel is always about 2 episodes behind. You'll have to watch it on Gametrailers to see the latest episodes.

Hasney

I don't know how much his on-screen persona differs from the actual person but the way he presents himself on screen is the personification of hype.

Can't remember if it was GT Time or MU nights, but apparently when Huber is excited for something, he has been known to grab someone and shake them while yelling about how excited he is.

Just a heads up; The Last Bosman always appears late on the Youtube channel. The Youtube channel is always about 2 episodes behind. You'll have to watch it on Gametrailers to see the latest episodes.

That's what they're changing. Shows should start going up on YouTube at the same time.

Reedirect

Subbed, love me some GT. I usually don't have *cough* time for GT Time, but I try to compensate it with Final Bosman and ManUps.

I feel like Beer's and Satterfield's departure wasn't necessarily that bad, since it helped the site produce some actually decent comedy shows without the bitterness and jadedness of these two gentlemen. Even with all those terrible lay-offs GT had to go through, they still try to keep it positive.

Hasney

I caught up with Tabletop Adventures over the weekend and holy shit. The last 2 episodes are really something else.

I still need to watch the side-story return of Spervins now I've done all the Fiascos as well. The Fiasco in space is the best one. Ben Moore as the Canadian cracks me up.

Great OT! I hope this catches on.

Love Mandatory Update!
I really like GT Time.
I like Final Bosman.
I don't despise Huber anymore!

I'm really not much into gaming anymore, but I love their personalities and the content they put out. It's the only gaming related site I follow.

That reminds me, First Fifteen is missing in the OP. It should be under non-scheduled content.

So excited to see what Huber Hype ends up being.

Oh and thanks for the OT!

They aired the first episode in a stream already. It was pretty Huber.

I'll be a regular in this thread. GT personalities are my favourites out of any site.

Huber>Bosman=Ben>Ian>Blood>Elise=Jones

I wish they did more Mandatory Update Nights, I like it more than the main show. #teamtwopodcasts. Tabletop gets the reward for ''secret best show''.

Watching the old Kyle's Outlast Stream since I missed it way back.

Hasney

That reminds me, First Fifteen is missing in the OP. It should be under non-scheduled content.

Yeah, I shoved it under Final Bosman as it's mostly when they don't have time to do a full episode.

When the YT playlist for it comes up, I'll shove it under its own heading.

Dsyndrome

Awesome, really started checking out Gametrailers over the past year starting with Final Bosman and expanding out. I hope no other layoffs, ownership changes, or major shitty things happen to them!

UrbanRats

I like almost all of their original shows ('cause i enjoy the crew).
Can't say i care much about the reviews, but that goes for 90% of them out there.

Subbed.

GTtime is currently the only gaming podcast i listen to, since i dropped the Bombcast.

wiibomb

I've been a long time follower of kyle bosman, but I always hated that video player of them, going full on youtube makes me happy and I'll be following them besides checking more shows.

the gametrailers channel is the only channel where all these videos will go up, right?

also, why does the huber show appears as a private video?

I've been a long time follower of kyle bosman, but I always hated that video player of them, going full on youtube makes me happy and I'll be following them besides checking more shows.

the gametrailers channel is the only channel where all these videos will go up, right?

It will be public later today.

Hasney

Brandon Jones should narrate every comment here.

Annnndddd that's how I'll be reading them all now

The Gametrailers channel is where all the regularly scheduled shows go up. Unscheduled content like Just Played and Reviews go to the GT-Reviews channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/ClevverGames

Everyone should give GT a chance and support them. I enjoy almost everything they put out and the personalities is what brings me to their site more than any other, with the exception of Gaf of course. Their daily twitch streams are also very enjoyable to watch, especially as background material while working or gaming. I really hope to see them around for a long time in the current format they have, and hope they get the resources to deliver even more EXPERIENCES and CONTENT (sorry Kyle ;p). The Final Bosman is also the best internet show ever.

Always been a fan of GT, and honestly I like the current personalities better then I ever did back when Shane and Marcus were around. I do want Damiami back tho, hes awesome.

wiibomb

It will be public later today.

Annnndddd that's how I'll be reading them all now

The Gametrailers channel is where all the regularly scheduled shows go up. Unscheduled content like Just Played and Reviews go to the GT-Reviews channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/ClevverGames

thanks, I need to subscribe to that channel too

I think inserting the GT staff's GAF accounts and Twitter accounts in the OP for each staff member may be helpful too.

that would be very nice to know, yeah

Two tough cops are about to hit the mean streets of Youtube, so pack up your garbage comments buddy, because 'Huber and Bosman' have had it up to here and it's time to clean up the personality trash.

Top Bottom