• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Hasney

We're over 4k boyzzzz. I'll ask a mod advice what to do with this thread when I get to work to repurpose this one or create a new one. Any title suggestions for either option welcome!

Auctopus

It's in our hands now! How much?!

Going by this sudden appearance of GT fans in Gaming, this should be a huge success.

Edit: whoa, I only just saw the 20k target.

Hasney

Had word back from duckroll, we can do what we like with regards to retooling this thread or starting a new one fresh. Don't mind pulling it together, I've already got enough material to work with.

I vote for staying here because I do sometimes just go through the threads and grab gifs I missed, or if I watch an old video, look at the conversation around it so would be easier to do in one thread. Also godammit, I want an EZA OT2 at some point and it'd be easier this way :p.

Auctopus

Thankfully, cause it's on dollars, I can donate a little more but if I things go tits up with the EU, I'll have to dial it back a little.

Had word back from duckroll, we can do what we like with regards to retooling this thread or starting a new one fresh. Don't mind pulling it together, I've already got enough material to work with.

I vote for staying here because I do sometimes just go through the threads and grab gifs I missed, or if I watch an old video, look at the conversation around it so would be easier to do in one thread. Also godammit, I want an EZA OT2 at some point and it'd be easier this way :p.

I agree, keep this one.

Hasney

Also, 'Easy Allies Thread: The Easiest Uneasy Alliance Going' is about the best I can come up with, but I've only been awake 2 hours thus far.

EDIT Keep going back and forth on the new thread/keep this thread actually. Could just keep this as a memorial, then break free. I've got the OP done whenever we're ready to go anyway, would love it if we decided before the launch stream.

EDIT: Also, what should we do about the podcast since some of us will get it 2 days early. Spin it off to an individual thread each week like I tried with GT Time so noones spoiled? Liberal use of spoiler tags?

Probably getting ahead of myself, but it's exciting.

sora87

Lovely bit of VAT there indeed, but whatever, this is the only crowd funding thing I've ever done and it's all very exciting.

Hasney

Alright, unless I hear more people just wanting to keep this thread, I'll fire up a NEW THREAD in about 4 hours from the time of this post since the couple of times I've asked, it's been pretty split about what we should do. Thread title suggestions welcome too, will probably go with 'Easy Allies |OT| How much a month? Must be nice...' unless there's other suggestions. UrbanRats suggested this:

Easy Allies |OT| Good Vibes.

So feel free to vote for that one too if you prefer it to the other one.

New thread with a link to this thread in the OP for the memories.

Between the two titles, I'll go with Good Vibes but it's a pity we can't get any hype in there.

Hasney

New thread with a link to this thread in the OP for the memories.

Between the two titles, I'll go with Good Vibes but it's a pity we can't get any hype in there.

We could always make it a slight continuation of this threads title.

Easy Allies |OT| Good Vibes & Good Hype

Easy Allies |OT| You know, Ellie, I guess we really are the easiest allies

?

Edit: Pledged $25 a month. With my new job I can afford it wooooooo.

UrbanRats

Alright, unless I hear more people just wanting to keep this thread, I'll fire up a NEW THREAD in about 4 hours from the time of this post since the couple of times I've asked, it's been pretty split about what we should do. Thread title suggestions welcome too, will probably go with 'Easy Allies |OT| How much a month? Must be nice...' unless there's other suggestions. UrbanRats suggested this:

So feel free to vote for that one too if you prefer it to the other one.

Oh mine was just a random example.
I'm not too bothered with a title.

I just think a meme or a pun will get old after a while.

Hasney

Less than an hour to go before I hit the new thread, so I'll go with Easy Allies |OT| Good Vibes & Good Hype for the title. I really want to go Easy Allies |OT| Just 8 White Guys Tryin' To Figure It Out but there's already people not wanting a meme or in-joke in there, so may just keep it simple.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Less than an hour to go before I hit the new thread, so I'll go with Easy Allies |OT| Good Vibes & Good Hype for the title. I really want to go Easy Allies |OT| Just 8 White Guys Tryin' To Figure It Out but there's already people not wanting a meme or in-joke in there, so may just keep it simple.

We can save that one for OT2 ;)

Looking forward to our new home in Community!

Nice! Can't wait to fully come back to GT... I mean EZA!!! Love it!

Hasney

start it in gaming and let the mods eventually move it to community

Yeh, it will probably have the 1 week (or is it 2 week) rule where it will be moved into community. It's fair game since Easy Allies is a new journalistic outlet.

Good call. I think Kinda Funny did it and the PS I Love You Podcast is there and they're similar situations, so I'll do that.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Have fun guys, I mainly was watching this thread because of GT's shutdown and the archival of GT itself but I'm glad you lot got your best aspect out of Gametrailer's reborn and hopefully the same if not better then before.

I won't be following to the new |OT| but their Patreon and group looks to be a grand success. Never underestimate the super power of teamwork!

Yes that was meant to be corny. I'll see myself out.

Top Bottom