• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidden Palutena's Guidance Found in Smash Wii U Data, More DLC Characters Coming?

Neoxon

Didn't they say they weren't thinking about DLC at that time?

Did any of the developers say anything about no DLC for MK8?

Different developers have different views about how they do things, and what they want.

This is Sakurai's game after all.
Yeah, they left the door open to do DLC should the desire arise. And my point was more of that you can have a complete game & still have DLC.

Yeah, they left the door open to do DLC should the desire arise. And my point was more of that you can have a complete game & still have DLC.

I'm all for DLC, I just don't want to be waiting for something that may never happen.

...Wow, never thought I'd be on the pessimistic side of things :/

Jawmuncher

it's Snake riding Ridley.

untitled1ebjjg.jpg

Jawmuncher

I'm not sure if Nintendo & Konami are on good terms right now. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

It's pretty middle ground right now.
Nothing that would be bad terms, but nothing that would be them being the best of friends.
Recent VC releases is about it this year.

I'm not sure if Nintendo & Konami are on good terms right now. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Unless one of those companies out right said they're not on good terms, then I wouldn't know either.

Or maybe Kojima and Iwata are bros and they'll make it happen. Who knows. After all we know who really makes the decisions around Konami.

Galamauth

I think it's too specific to be considered a catch all, the bit about"another dimension" and especially "intruder" seem too deliberate.
Why would a DLC character be an intruder? Are not all smash fighters considered invited like we saw the Villager receiving his invite?

imo this could specifically be referring to another possible 3rd party character as they could be seen as unexpected and thus intruding.

Illucio

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;143337307 said:
Sounds like a placeholder in case of an error.

It does.... Or does this mean people who haven't bought Mewtwo's DLC will see some placeholder character when fighting him?

jnWake

It's hilarious that a leftover is found out and it doesn't mention any character. Almost feels like intentional trolling from the devs haha.

Neoxon

I think it's too specific to be considered a catch all, the bit about"another dimension" and especially "intruder" seem too deliberate.
Why would a DLC character be an intruder? Are not all smash fighters considered invited like we saw the Villager receiving his invite?

imo this could specifically be referring to another possible 3rd party character as they could be seen as unexpected and thus intruding.
It's more of an extra character outside of the main roster who came in late, unknown to either Pit, Palutena, or Viridi.

It's hilarious that a leftover is found out and it doesn't mention any character. Almost feels like intentional trolling from the devs haha.
I wouldn't put it past Sakurai for this to be the case.

Golnei

If it were intended to refer to a specific character, it'd be nowhere near as vague. Certainly their name would be mentioned.

As for the syntax, it just seems to be dramatising the concept of characters in a crossover - if this relates to DLC, all it tells us is that there won't be any more Kid Icarus characters.

Definitely intended for DLC characters IMO. Means you don't have to get those VA's back into a recording booth, though if we get Lucas and Wolf back it'd be a bit awkward for Palutena and Pit to have no clue who they are when they were all in Brawl together.

Maybe the reason Palutena has no data on the fighter is because they're planning on adding a character from a game that's in the works but hasn't been announced yet.

Meesh

From another dimension? Could be Bayo? Sigh* please be Bayo, or one of the 101...I'll also take anyone from the Street Fighter universe, Resident Evil, Mon Hun...
I know I'm a broken record here! Forgive me :(

Trike

Why would they have that sound clip in for future characters, but not for the only announced planned character, Mewtwo? Earlier posters probably have it right, it is most likely in case they are unable to identify the fighter due to an error.

Why would they have that sound clip in for future characters, but not for the only announced planned character, Mewtwo? Earlier posters probably have it right, it is most likely in case they are unable to identify the fighter due to an error.

You are talking to those swallowed by the hype.

They can not be saved.

Wouldn't it just make more sense to have nothing happen in that instance than go to the effort of recording an error message that never actually plays in-game?

Well, it's also the fact that two other Rayman characters got trophies as well.

Oh wow, I can't believe Barbara and Globox got trophies as well.
As a Rayman fan, I think it's pretty damn awesome to see that universe represented in Smash like that; I really hope he does become a playable guest character someday.

Top Bottom