• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't get over how bad FFXV's cover is

Demoskinos

It gives me a sense of adventure!

This was the previous worst FF cover!

69421_front.jpg

Hell No that is one of the best. It's simple and clean. Most covers are way too busy.

Despera

Banned
Yep, I'll definitely take advantage of the reversible cover, but I agree that it's disappointing that the standard cover is rather bad.

Japan got the better cover:

FinalFantasyXV-1.jpg
The fact Noctis' bros are looking at him when he's the one looking forward gives off the idea he's the leader and they're there to support him. You can tell from their body language they're also casually conversing as friends on a roadtrip. And each one's unique characterization is highlighted, whether it's the way Prompto is frolicking about holding a camera or Ignis sitting behind the wheel gesturing with his hand probably wondering why these three idiots are walking beside the car instead of sitting in it :p

It's funny how Noctis' face is the only one you can't see here when in the US cover he goes out of his way to show that mug of his.

I think the Japanese cover is better than other suggestions in this thread overall.

The fact Noctis' bros are looking at him when he's the one looking forward gives off the idea he's the leader and they're there to support him. You can tell from their body language they're also casually conversing as friends on a roadtrip. And each one's unique characterization is highlighted, whether it's the way Prompto is frolicking about holding a camera or Ignis sitting behind the wheel gesturing with his hand probably wondering why these three idiots are walking beside the car instead of sitting in it :p

It's funny how Noctis' face is the only one you can't see here when in the US cover he goes out of his way to show that mug of his.

I think the Japanese cover is better than other suggestions in this thread overall.

It's a real shame because you've described how well the cover conveys the games themes. Guess we have to thank the western marketing team who went for generic team pose.

Friendly reminder that the logo on white reversible is something we're not getting either, it's going to be the logo on black.

Sorry for the bump, but what?

What about this news from last summer:
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/07/13/final-fantasy-xv-reversible-cover/

Both North America and Europe will have a cover option that shows Noctis with Ignis, Gladiolus, and Prompto. On the other side is a a cover with the logo. In North America, the Final Fantasy XV logo will appear on a black background. In Europe, it will be set against a white background.

Someone with the EU/UK version please confirm :(

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The UK steelbook with Regis carrying Kid Noctis on the front is really nice, although the version I got is drastically different in terms of colour-tone (dark sepia, not blue-ish) to the one linked with piccies earlier in the thread.

The black reversible cover has ZERO branding (literally nothing) so it looks like a cheap bootleg version from China or something. >_>

EDIT: Beaten

Top Bottom