• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In the end, did Linkin Park deserve all the hate they got? Does it even matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkatomz

Still waiting for that second Fort Minor album. What is Shinoda even doing right now?
Mike's side project, Fort Minor, put out a new song, Welcome, about a month ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REAwGmv0Fuk

I understand the hate, but my answer is no. Being one of the biggest monster fans of LP on this forums (I think), I am biased, but it's hard to argue that they aren't the biggest rock band in the world these days. That, and every album they put out is a new style. If you go in expecting all of the records after Meteora to sound like that and Hybrid Theory, you are bound to be let down.

One thing I have to mention that if you've never seen a live show, you really shouldn't knock them. They are an amazing live band with tons of energy, and they play every note on the spot. If you hear a mistake during a concert, well... that's because they are actually performing it live unlike so many other artists. That, and their live show is remarkably similar, sonically, to what they record in the studio. Below is one of my favorite live performances as of recent, Rock In Rio 2015, Las Vegas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIJuvpNyUjs

If LP or Fort Minor isn't enough for you, Chester is the active lead singer for two other bands, Dead By Sunrise (his own side project with Julien-K members) and Stone Temple Pilots. Also, any Adele fans?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHtwZ07N1ic

First 2 albums are fantastic, at the time they didn't get a hell of a lot of hate. As popular things do though the backlash got quite large eventually. Great pop music, really well produced.

Giruvegan

i remember doodling their logo inside of my notebooks and on the corners of worksheets back when i was in 8th or 9th grade.
my fandom was intense, to say the least. then my nirvana phase started and it was like LP never even existed.

still listen to them from time to time ( hybrid theory ) & feel absolutely no shame.
nu metal was a stepping stone for me to delve into ' classier ' stuff in the genre down the line.

what's more hilarious to me is the people that act it's the worst thing they've ever heard.
it begs the question of what exactly people even hear over the course of their lives.

you could do so much worse.

i still listen to hybrid theory, reanimation and a thousand suns

they really didn't deserve as much hate as they got

except for minutes to midnight

Lebron

Nah, Hybrid Theory is still the best selling debut album of the 21st century. Sure it was the definition of teen angst, as far as lyrics go. But they had a unique sound and style that we hadn't really heard before. Thus why they became so popular so fast.

They gone far downhill but Hybrid Theory and Meteora are still solid albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom