• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother Goose knocks on police car, seeks help to untangle her duckling from a string

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazmat

Kg9aCaLl.jpg

This is so damn funny.

And hurray for someone doing a good deed.

Skeletron

Watching that video, I had this irrational fear that the partner was getting ready to open up guns blazing if the goose made any agressive move, like some kind of scene from Reno 911.

I made this sign at work a few months ago. This idiot decided to lay its eggs right by the main entrance to our building and would attack you if you got within 15 feet of it.

uJiawvP.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So my take away from this is that a veteran cop with 26 years of experience was afraid of being attacked by a fucking goose.

Geese are for fucking assholes, when i use to go to college, geese use to hang all around it when you get off the bus, they for the most part were pretty docile, but once it becomes spring aka matign season, they get super pissy

Well a big goose is a pretty dangerous animal. (So are Swans by the way, they can break your leg)

While swans are the bigger and nastier of the two they're, at least in my experience, generally pretty easy to avoid crossing since they tend to stick to water most of the time. Stay away from the water, their nest, and their kids and they tend to do no more than eye you. Geese tend to claim a wider range of areas and I feel they tend to be even more aggressive. Wild turkeys aren't birds you want to fuck around with, either.

Its cute for this story, but this honestly shows a terrifying level of intelligence.

I mean, birds tend to be pretty smart in general even when you aren't talking about the ones that contend for smartest non-human animal.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
picture in the op is the wrong officer.
nice to have some pleasant news for a change though.

Its cute for this story, but this honestly shows a terrifying level of intelligence.
Animals are way smarter than people will ever give them credit for.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Edit: Found a video of a crow showing an understanding of water displacement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZerUbHmuY04

That's really cool.

In David Attenborough's documentary on birds, they showed a crow dropping a walnut at an intersection to get cars to run over it and break it open. Eventually it learned to do that near the crosswalk, so it wouldn't get hit trying to retrieve it. It even waited with the people on the sidewalk to cross lol.

Edit: video

Surprised that goose wasn't attacking the officer. Those Canadian bastards attack me this time of year whenever I go out to my deck because their young are out.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Surprised that goose wasn't attacking the officer. Those Canadian bastards attack me this time of year whenever I go out to my deck because their young are out.
There was this one goose near my work that had somehow decided the goddamn parking lot was its territory. It would fucking attack cars that drove near it.

One day, I saw a guy throw bread out the window of his car to distract the goose so that he could park.

strafer

ive been chased by one of these motherfuckers...I was kid and threw things at it.

Looking back I should have gotten caught by it, i was a real asshole back then.

NateDog

Have you ever been attacked by a goose? Those suckers freaking hurt.

I think it's a reasonable fear/apprehension.

Having fought both, I would fight a human over a goose any day. Aggressive monsters those birds are. Swans too, fuck swans.

A goose legit attacked me a few weeks ago as I was going from my car to my work.

When I went inside, IT WAITED FOR MY ASS TO COME BACK OUT

CgpzpiUU8AEn9Hp.jpg:large

I made this sign at work a few months ago. This idiot decided to lay its eggs right by the main entrance to our building and would attack you if you got within 15 feet of it.

uJiawvP.jpg
The true weakness of all GAFfers has finally been revealed. Even all of your 12 inch dicks won't save you now.

Kickz

I was walking in office parking lot the other day and 2 geese were in the walkway, I never noticed how tall these things get.. They scampered off when I started walking near them though

Mupod

optional boss.jpg

There's a couple of geese holed up in the parking lot here. One of them was guarding the back door to work today, I just went around. My dash cam probably has some footage of one of them rushing my car, I should go try and dig it out if it hasn't been overwritten.

FZZ

Banned
Okay cute story

but FUCK geese

Was having a picnic with my SO and a squad of those fuckers walked right next to us. And they weren't cute like that black and white goose in the video these fuckers looked like Dinosaurs and were ugly as fuck.

FUCK GEESE

rec0ded1

I used to feel the adrenaline rush of walking through packs of geese everyday during my lunch break. They would stare me down but never hiss. I'm still alive and have my limbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom