• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother Goose knocks on police car, seeks help to untangle her duckling from a string

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
American Geese don't exist because geese can't clap.

You gotta be able to clap to be american.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
'Cos nobody would fuck with America Goose.

funny-angry-goose-canadian.jpg

masud

Banned
Sure most people can take a goose one on one but the thing about geese is that they never back down ever, so your either gonna have to end up running or be willing to murder a goose (while getting fucked up in the process)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Back when I was on the grounds crew at the Johnson Space Center, a goose got into a building that was under construction and decided to set up shop, causing the construction workers an insane amount of hell whenever they would try to work. Because I have a background in wild animal removal, the task fell to me to corral the fucking thing.

This building had no glass windows at the time, and the openings where the windows would go faced out into the buildings parking lot. This will come into play.

So me and my co-workers, Ernie, have to go in and find this thing. It's nestled in the rafters and hisses immediately when we approach. Ernie immediately takes leave of the building. It was winter at the time, so I was lucky that I had a big jacket on. I managed to whack the fucker down out of the rafter and it started to charge me. Luckily I had anticipated this and had removed my jacket, so when it got close enough I grew the jacket over its head and back and jumped on the bastard, eventually getting a grip on it with both arms, essentially a bear hug, and took it to the open windows and threw it out, holding on to my jacket so it would pop out and hopefully fly away.

Unfortunately for the woman walking through the parking lot below the building, instead of flying away, it focused on her and like a fucking laser beam flew down and went to God damned town on her. I've never seen anything like it. She managed to run into a nearby building and escape it after a very long 30 seconds or so, but I would assume her day was pretty much ruined before it really even started.

The only other time I've dealt with one was when my dad had a chicken coop, and he would keep a goose, Gertrude, in there to break up fights and watch over the chickens in case of coyotes. One time I as visiting and heard a hell of a racket, and when I went outside this coyote came barreling around the corner of the house with Gertrude on its back just kicking the shit out of it. That coyote ran into the brush like its ass was on fire, Gertrude just wailing on him the whole way. A few minutes later she comes back through the yard, honking all the way, and went right back to the chicken coop to immediately break up a chicken fight that had erupted in her absence.

Gertrude was cool as fuck.
Yo, this entire post is great

GhaleonEB

If a goose attacked me i would definitely not fight back, cause i love animals.

Just dont tell me a goose can kick my butt, cause it cant.

Not sure why you tried to turn this particular thread into a dick measuring contest, but your posts have been really strange. You've repeatedly boasted that you'd kick a goose's ass, but are now saying you'd not do so because you don't want to hurt them. Shockingly enough, the reason people are running from geese in these stories is also in part because they don't want to kill or hurt animals, in addition to self preservation. A goose can indeed injure an adult human, and most people have some common sense when it comes to aggressive animals.

So...congratulations on being larger than a goose but also not wanting to hurt them, just like most other humans.

So my take away from this is that a veteran cop with 26 years of experience was afraid of being attacked by a fucking goose.

Geese are not to be trifled with. We have them outside of my office every year, roving bands of ruffians wandering around the building. I would sometimes wait for them to pass before heading to my car.

Back when I was on the grounds crew at the Johnson Space Center, a goose got into a building that was under construction and decided to set up shop, causing the construction workers an insane amount of hell whenever they would try to work. Because I have a background in wild animal removal, the task fell to me to corral the fucking thing.

This building had no glass windows at the time, and the openings where the windows would go faced out into the buildings parking lot. This will come into play.

So me and my co-workers, Ernie, have to go in and find this thing. It's nestled in the rafters and hisses immediately when we approach. Ernie immediately takes leave of the building. It was winter at the time, so I was lucky that I had a big jacket on. I managed to whack the fucker down out of the rafter and it started to charge me. Luckily I had anticipated this and had removed my jacket, so when it got close enough I grew the jacket over its head and back and jumped on the bastard, eventually getting a grip on it with both arms, essentially a bear hug, and took it to the open windows and threw it out, holding on to my jacket so it would pop out and hopefully fly away.

Unfortunately for the woman walking through the parking lot below the building, instead of flying away, it focused on her and like a fucking laser beam flew down and went to God damned town on her. I've never seen anything like it. She managed to run into a nearby building and escape it after a very long 30 seconds or so, but I would assume her day was pretty much ruined before it really even started.

Ernie knew what was up.

The reason why no one wants to fight a goose is because they don't let you win with half measures. You fight a goose for a second and you realize that you won't win until the goose is dead. You guys ready to throw down with a goose to the death? Motherfucker I'll just cross the street, or exit from the back, I ain't about to get covered in goose blood today

Right? Geese can mess you up and no one wants to kill a goose. It's best to just go your separate ways.

onipex

Have you ever fought a goose?

I have a couple times. They was always a flock on my campus and idiots would feed them. One came at me a couple time. First time I kicked the crap out it and the other time flew at me and kept attacking until I got it by the neck and slammed it into a tree.

They only hissed at me after that.

Toparaman

Banned
Yeah, I know. I said that in my post. Thanks though

Hahah I knew someone would take this angle. "Randomly" hurting another animal? Really, that's what you call it? So, if im taking a stroll and some animal (i dont care what the fuck it is) starts to relentlessly attack my legs and ass, I'm just supposed to stand there/run and say "NAH IT'S OK IT'S JUST NATURE BREH, IM SUPPOSED TO LET IT KICK MY ASS!"

No way. I'm giving that thing a good fuckin' boot to teach it a lesson. Don't attack random people you idiot.

Kick it with the other one. Defend yourself fool

The reason why no one wants to fight a goose is because they don't let you win with half measures. You fight a goose for a second and you realize that you won't win until the goose is dead. You guys ready to throw down with a goose to the death? Motherfucker I'll just cross the street, or exit from the back, I ain't about to get covered in goose blood today

Oh my god, this thread is killing me!

BamfMeat

"George! Will you please just come home already? They've learned their lesson!"

"NO MARTHA I WILL NOT UNTIL THEY OPEN THIS DOOR AND A RIP THEIR FACES OFF! HOW DARE THEY THINK THEY CAN WALK IN FRONT OF US!"

"George! It was once! Don't make me pull EVERY feather out of your chest area! Come on!"

"Martha, GET OFF ME! They will open this door and I will decimate them!"

cr0w

Old Member
The thing about "fighting" geese, or any other animal really, is that it's not really fighting in that you're both trying to settle a reasonable beef.

In that goose's mind, one of you is already dead. It's going to do its best to make sure it's you.

It's not like there's any fighting style developed specifically for fighting a goose (insert Fatal Fury joke here). You are quite literally fighting a particularly ill-tempered buzzsaw that can fly and disorient you with its 6-foot wingspan. It is the Jason fucking Voorhees of the animal world.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Most birds fly away when you drive close to them. Geese don't care, they just keep walking lol.

This one goose walked out into the street and I was going too fast to stop in time. I tried to slow down but it flew up and smacked right into the windshield.

Geese may be mean but they aren't always smart.

BamfMeat

This one goose walked out into the street and I was going too fast to stop in time. I tried to slow down but it flew up and smacked right into the windshield.

Geese may be mean but they aren't always smart.

The same could be said about pretty much any animal, including humans.

too much negativity in this thread. a good deed is done and all the comments is about how you guys got wrecked by a goose. take your L and be glad for the kind cop who helped, geez.

see5harp

What a boring ass video. It's like a minute straight of someone untangling a bunch of knots that we can't even see. And the goose doesn't even say thank you they just peace out.

I used to be deadly afraid of geese because I got attacked by one when I was a kid. That beast just ran up to me and started biting me when I was playing outside not far from home.

This thread has had me crying for like 20 minutes straight.

We had geese and swans that used to walk across the road to my office where there is a small lake that they gathered at. One day, someone made the mistake of deciding to have lunch at that same lake. Those fuckers liked to chill in the tall grass surrounding the lake, and he didn't notice them until it was too late. They ambushed his ass and furiously tore into him within 10 seconds of sitting down. After a few moments of flailing and getting bit from all angles, he sprinted back to the office, and at least 3 of them waited outside of the front doors for him to come back.

On that day, I learned to stay the fuck away from geese and swans. They don't give a shit if you're a man, woman, child, cat, dog, etc.

OnPoint

Good for the police officer. That's a great story.

I didn't realize goose attacks were a thing. Now that I do I feel a little more prepared for the future. Videos of them are pretty hilarious, though you can tell most people don't really expect a goose to be so persistent.

ViciousDS

Banned
A goose legit attacked me a few weeks ago as I was going from my car to my work.

When I went inside, IT WAITED FOR MY ASS TO COME BACK OUT

CgpzpiUU8AEn9Hp.jpg:large

Omg I can't stop laughing......he fucking sizing you up.

One of my first jobs was grass cutting at a resort and they fucking hissed and chased you if you got near them. They are not to be messed with.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I've never fought a goose, and I have no desire to. I know how vicious they are.

And lol at the Internet badasses who would whoop a goose.

You get your first look at that six foot goose as he enters a clearing. He moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing his head. You keep still, because you think his vision is based on movement, like a dumb pigeon, and he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not a goose. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the sides. From the other two geese you didn't even know we're there. Geese are pack Hunter's, you see, he used coordinated attack patterns, and he is out in force today. He slashes at you with his beak, a six inch gaping maw, sharp as razors, jutting out from the middle of his sleek head. He doesn't bother to bite your jugular like a lion, say...no, no. He slashes at you in the chest, or your face, or maybe across the belly, spilling your intestines. Point is, you are alive when thy start to eat you. So, you know, try to show a little respect.

Edit: I actually did mean to comment on the story. It's super fascinating that the goose knew that a human could help it. Fucking fascinating.

As people have mentioned:

Geese are frightening.

We have nesting geese all around our building, and have signs around the entrance warning people so they don't step too close and get attacked. Nobody's going to look bad for saying they're afraid of them.

This is a cute story, tho.

About ten years ago I noticed the greatest Goose encounter of my life.

I lived in a town house area that had a park that would be behind all the houses where the kids would play.

When I was playing some games, I remember hearing the frightened screams of children.

Apparently there was this huge Canadian Goose, terrorizing the children, and they were all trapped at the top of a plastic Slide fort thing, that all parks have.

Kid would try to climb down, it attacked them.

After a while, a man, probably one of the kids fathers , came out with khaki short, and Pearl Jam t-shirt, and wielding a badminton racket.

He got attention of the goose, and the kids escaped, as the older gentlemen swore and swung the racket at this monster of a Goose.

Unfortunately, during one of the flurry of the wing buffets, the man totally let his guard down, and the goose really nailed him in the junk, like the goose knew where to hit exactly.

I remember the man going down yelling " Ahhhh my junk" and he collapsed on the floor, while the goose kept biting him in the legs and butt.

Soon after that, the humane society came to capture the goose and save the man, but lordy.... I will never forget that Man vs Goose moment for the rest of my life. thank god someone had the foresight to call the humane society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom