• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother Goose knocks on police car, seeks help to untangle her duckling from a string

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

Wild turkeys aren't birds you want to fuck around with, either.

Haha I remember chasing wild turkeys at my grandparents'. Those guys were damn fast, and never could catch them. Thinking back on it now I'd probably have run like hell if they'd just turned around and charged at me instead.

Also: even if the goose doesn't attack you, goddamn those birds will carpet every grassy surface with some foul-smelling feces.

UncleMeat

latest

Okay cute story

but FUCK geese

Was having a picnic with my SO and a squad of those fuckers walked right next to us. And they weren't cute like that black and white goose in the video these fuckers looked like Dinosaurs and were ugly as fuck.

FUCK GEESE
You came to the wrong neighborhood humans

GPsych

There's a golf course near my house and there are always tons of canadian geese on the greens. The golfers always try to shoo them away but their response is essentially, "Fuck you, this is our territory." They just hold their ground and stare. If the golfers get too close they puff out their wings and hiss. The geese generally win and the golfers move on to the next hole.

Officer Charron was given a special commendation for assisting her community.

Officer Givens was put on administrative leave for two months for filming vertically and will be charged with reckless YouTube filming. In a moment, the results of that trial.

Officer Charron was given a special commendation for assisting her community.

Officer Givens was put on administrative leave for two months for filming vertically and will be charged with reckless YouTube filming. In a moment, the results of that trial.

It's all I thought about watching the video.

Like, bruh. You keep turning to look at the mother duck then back at your partner. DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO TO GET BOTH IN THE FRAME?!?!

Jail time pls.

Cute story but nobody's going to mention the real crime here? That video was shot vertically! So many great memories are being shot nowadays and ruined forever because of the rampant epidemic of VVS (Vertical Video Syndrome).

But there's a cure, brehs, and it's simple. Phone makers need to make it so the video is always shot horizontally regardless of the orientation of the smart device. Holding an iPhone vertically is more comfortable than horizontally but our eyes shouldn't be punished by VVS because of that!

It's all I thought about watching the video.

Like, bruh. You keep turning to look at the mother duck then back at your partner. DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO TO GET BOTH IN THE FRAME?!?!

Jail time pls.
I'm telling you, VVS is spreading and it's dangerous. If we don't stop it we'll truly be the last of us before we know it.

Also thanks for all that extra grass space at he bottom thanks to your vertical filming. If it was horizontal you could've had both the officer and the goose on one frame. Jesus!

Apathy

A goose legit attacked me a few weeks ago as I was going from my car to my work.

When I went inside, IT WAITED FOR MY ASS TO COME BACK OUT

CgpzpiUU8AEn9Hp.jpg:large

Maybe you should pay your goose debts. This wouldn't happen if you paid up your monthly kickback

Obligatory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMdhAFPWzFw
Geese most definitely do not fuck around.

This shit is hilarious, now this needs a dark souls/bloodborne overlay

Fun fact, every time a canadian person is born, for them to be all good and nice, the universe evens it out by having a canadian goose be born to be pure evil

Makonero

I hate laughing at all these goose attack videos because there's some vicious geese near my work and I'm pretty sure I'm due to be attacked anytime now.

I have changed my walking route due to angry geese before but thankfully all I've gotten is some hissing and puffery.

Oxn

The only reason why a goose is scary is that people never fight back. Do you really think i wont whoop it?

If it was a real fight, one swift kick might kill it.

cr0w

Old Member
Back when I was on the grounds crew at the Johnson Space Center, a goose got into a building that was under construction and decided to set up shop, causing the construction workers an insane amount of hell whenever they would try to work. Because I have a background in wild animal removal, the task fell to me to corral the fucking thing.

This building had no glass windows at the time, and the openings where the windows would go faced out into the buildings parking lot. This will come into play.

So me and my co-workers, Ernie, have to go in and find this thing. It's nestled in the rafters and hisses immediately when we approach. Ernie immediately takes leave of the building. It was winter at the time, so I was lucky that I had a big jacket on. I managed to whack the fucker down out of the rafter and it started to charge me. Luckily I had anticipated this and had removed my jacket, so when it got close enough I grew the jacket over its head and back and jumped on the bastard, eventually getting a grip on it with both arms, essentially a bear hug, and took it to the open windows and threw it out, holding on to my jacket so it would pop out and hopefully fly away.

Unfortunately for the woman walking through the parking lot below the building, instead of flying away, it focused on her and like a fucking laser beam flew down and went to God damned town on her. I've never seen anything like it. She managed to run into a nearby building and escape it after a very long 30 seconds or so, but I would assume her day was pretty much ruined before it really even started.

The only other time I've dealt with one was when my dad had a chicken coop, and he would keep a goose, Gertrude, in there to break up fights and watch over the chickens in case of coyotes. One time I as visiting and heard a hell of a racket, and when I went outside this coyote came barreling around the corner of the house with Gertrude on its back just kicking the shit out of it. That coyote ran into the brush like its ass was on fire, Gertrude just wailing on him the whole way. A few minutes later she comes back through the yard, honking all the way, and went right back to the chicken coop to immediately break up a chicken fight that had erupted in her absence.

Gertrude was cool as fuck.

Oxn

For those of you who have been attacked by a goose, why didn't you just kick the fuckin' thing in the head?

Exactly,

Everyone who gets attacked by a goose, runs. Are they viscous? Sure. But if i fight back they have no chance of survival.

Ducks, on the other hand, are cool as hell.

This duck is currently sitting on her eggs right outside of the back entrance to our office:

Lk1pO5C.jpg

I didn't even notice it until I was literally a foot away from her. You'll walk by and she'll open her eyes without even lifting her head before letting you go about your business. Unlike a goose which immediately explodes like a fundraiser thermometer outside of a bank that made $500 past its goal if you even look in the direction of their nest. The duck knows you have more important things to do than steal a bunch of eggs like a deadbeat cartoon fox.
And the thing is, I would MUCH rather steal a duck egg than a goose egg. I don't want your stupid eggs you halfwit goose. If anyone should be a violent paranoid jackass, it's the duck.

For those of you who have been attacked by a goose, why didn't you just kick the fuckin' thing in the head?

Exactly,

Everyone who gets attacked by a goose, runs. Are they viscous? Sure. But if i fight back they have no chance of survival.

You've never been attacked by a goose.

cr0w

Old Member

Getting attacked by a goose is similar to Akuma's ultimate move. You're getting hit from every direction at once, and you can't get your bearings because it's basically a tornado with a beak. And dinosaur claws.

Because despite the goose probably needing to be put in it's place, most of us don't enjoy randomly injuring animals if we really don't need to?

Especially not when they're likely territorial because they're looking after eggs.

PSqueak

Banned
The only other time I've dealt with one was when my dad had a chicken coop, and he would keep a goose, Gertrude, in there to break up fights and watch over the chickens in case of coyotes. One time I as visiting and heard a hell of a racket, and when I went outside this coyote came barreling around the corner of the house with Gertrude on its back just kicking the shit out of it. That coyote ran into the brush like its ass was on fire, Gertrude just wailing on him the whole way. A few minutes later she comes back through the yard, honking all the way, and went right back to the chicken coop to immediately break up a chicken fight that had erupted in her absence.

Gertrude needs her own cartoon ASAP.

Nivash

Getting attacked by a goose is similar to Akuma's ultimate move. You're getting hit from every direction at once, and you can't get your bearings because it's basically a tornado with a beak. And dinosaur claws.

They're agile bastards too, their footwork is like something you'd see from a boxer. They'll dodge your kick long before you can plant it - assuming you can even aim with those wings beating you in the eyes. And they can fly. There's a very good reason they feel comfortable attacking people: it's because they know that they can harass the shit out of you and still get away if you get serious enough to fight back.

If you manage to land a good hit on them they will back off, but when they're all up in your face, that's going to be furthest thing from your mind.

Rikkun

Just wanted to chime in and say fuck them.
My grandma has two of those fuckers, everytime I go there I have to call her and tell her to get out and send them into their fenced area.
And even when I'm safe they keep hissing, like I give a shit about coming there, fuck off stupid animals.
Anyone who says otherwise never had to run away from one... or knows how to grab their necks and kick them away.
Still, I always avoid. You never look smart or clever while fighting a goose.

Oxn

Ducks, on the other hand, are cool as hell.

This duck is currently sitting on her eggs right outside of the back entrance to our office:

Lk1pO5C.jpg

I didn't even notice it the first time until I was literally a foot away from her. She does nothing. People walk by, she'll open her eyes, won't even lift her head, and let you go about your business.

And the thing is, I would much rather steal a duck egg than a goose egg. I don't want your damn eggs you idiot goose. If anyone should be a paranoid asshole, it should be the duck.

You've never been attacked by a goose.

Have you ever fought a goose?

Ganhyun

Back when I was on the grounds crew at the Johnson Space Center, a goose got into a building that was under construction and decided to set up shop, causing the construction workers an insane amount of hell whenever they would try to work. Because I have a background in wild animal removal, the task fell to me to corral the fucking thing.

This building had no glass windows at the time, and the openings where the windows would go faced out into the buildings parking lot. This will come into play.

So me and my co-workers, Ernie, have to go in and find this thing. It's nestled in the rafters and hisses immediately when we approach. Ernie immediately takes leave of the building. It was winter at the time, so I was lucky that I had a big jacket on. I managed to whack the fucker down out of the rafter and it started to charge me. Luckily I had anticipated this and had removed my jacket, so when it got close enough I grew the jacket over its head and back and jumped on the bastard, eventually getting a grip on it with both arms, essentially a bear hug, and took it to the open windows and threw it out, holding on to my jacket so it would pop out and hopefully fly away.

Unfortunately for the woman walking through the parking lot below the building, instead of flying away, it focused on her and like a fucking laser beam flew down and went to God damned town on her. I've never seen anything like it. She managed to run into a nearby building and escape it after a very long 30 seconds or so, but I would assume her day was pretty much ruined before it really even started.

Both stories ring true and that poor unsuspecting woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom