• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother Goose knocks on police car, seeks help to untangle her duckling from a string

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorheez

You've never been attacked by a goose.
Yeah, I know. I said that in my post. Thanks though

because I don't want to hurt it? It's just a dumb animal. I think it's illegal too.

Because despite the goose probably needing to be put in it's place, most of us don't enjoy randomly injuring animals if we really don't need to?

Especially not when they're likely territorial because they're looking after eggs.

Hahah I knew someone would take this angle. "Randomly" hurting another animal? Really, that's what you call it? So, if im taking a stroll and some animal (i dont care what the fuck it is) starts to relentlessly attack my legs and ass, I'm just supposed to stand there/run and say "NAH IT'S OK IT'S JUST NATURE BREH, IM SUPPOSED TO LET IT KICK MY ASS!"

No way. I'm giving that thing a good fuckin' boot to teach it a lesson. Don't attack random people you idiot.

What if it grabs my leg?
Kick it with the other one. Defend yourself fool

cr0w

Old Member
There is a primal fear that takes over when you're getting attacked by a wild animal that just doesn't give a fuck. Unless you've been in that situation you just don't understand how terrifying it is.

I give geese as wide a berth as possible. The only other animal I stay away from as vigilantly are squirrels. Fuck. Squirrels.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
The reason why no one wants to fight a goose is because they don't let you win with half measures. You fight a goose for a second and you realize that you won't win until the goose is dead. You guys ready to throw down with a goose to the death? Motherfucker I'll just cross the street, or exit from the back, I ain't about to get covered in goose blood today

Back when I was on the grounds crew at the Johnson Space Center, a goose got into a building that was under construction and decided to set up shop, causing the construction workers an insane amount of hell whenever they would try to work. Because I have a background in wild animal removal, the task fell to me to corral the fucking thing.

This building had no glass windows at the time, and the openings where the windows would go faced out into the buildings parking lot. This will come into play.

So me and my co-workers, Ernie, have to go in and find this thing. It's nestled in the rafters and hisses immediately when we approach. Ernie immediately takes leave of the building. It was winter at the time, so I was lucky that I had a big jacket on. I managed to whack the fucker down out of the rafter and it started to charge me. Luckily I had anticipated this and had removed my jacket, so when it got close enough I grew the jacket over its head and back and jumped on the bastard, eventually getting a grip on it with both arms, essentially a bear hug, and took it to the open windows and threw it out, holding on to my jacket so it would pop out and hopefully fly away.

Unfortunately for the woman walking through the parking lot below the building, instead of flying away, it focused on her and like a fucking laser beam flew down and went to God damned town on her. I've never seen anything like it. She managed to run into a nearby building and escape it after a very long 30 seconds or so, but I would assume her day was pretty much ruined before it really even started.

The only other time I've dealt with one was when my dad had a chicken coop, and he would keep a goose, Gertrude, in there to break up fights and watch over the chickens in case of coyotes. One time I as visiting and heard a hell of a racket, and when I went outside this coyote came barreling around the corner of the house with Gertrude on its back just kicking the shit out of it. That coyote ran into the brush like its ass was on fire, Gertrude just wailing on him the whole way. A few minutes later she comes back through the yard, honking all the way, and went right back to the chicken coop to immediately break up a chicken fight that had erupted in her absence.

Gertrude was cool as fuck.

I can't stop laughing at work. You chucked a wild goose at someone. looool

The reason why no one wants to fight a goose is because they don't let you win with half measures. You fight a goose for a second and you realize that you won't win until the goose is dead. You guys ready to throw down with a goose to the death? Motherfucker I'll just cross the street, or exit from the back, I ain't about to get covered in goose blood today

You either win or you die and you gotta commit. If you ain't ready to take a life before your morning coffee at work then you ain't a goose fighter.

Kg9aCaLl.jpg

A goose legit attacked me a few weeks ago as I was going from my car to my work.

When I went inside, IT WAITED FOR MY ASS TO COME BACK OUT

CgpzpiUU8AEn9Hp.jpg:large

LOL!!!! Geese be on some serious business

Hitchcock was right!!! just used the wrong bird!!!

For those of you who have been attacked by a goose, why didn't you just kick the fuckin' thing in the head?

Because we are not psychos? Why would you potentially kill a goose just because it was threatened by you and is defending itself?

The only reason why a goose is scary is that people never fight back. Do you really think i wont whoop it?

If it was a real fight, one swift kick might kill it.

Exactly,

Everyone who gets attacked by a goose, runs. Are they viscous? Sure. But if i fight back they have no chance of survival.

Im sorry a 20lb bird kicked your butt.

So you threw closed fist punches at it? Kicked as hard as you can? Grab its weak neck?

You sound like a completely sane and well adjusted individual

spookyfish

A goose legit attacked me a few weeks ago as I was going from my car to my work.

When I went inside, IT WAITED FOR MY ASS TO COME BACK OUT

CgpzpiUU8AEn9Hp.jpg:large

OMG. I'm trying not to laugh so hard at work. This picture has set me off, for some reason. How funny!

darthbob

Woah, dude's in the handicap spot and doesn't give a fuck.

Pretty much. That momma goose was actually protecting her nest. To the right side of the door, outside, was her nest and while it was in a shitty place for the poor folks who worked in that building, it was a good spot to nest up

Alexlf

All these people talking about fighting geese have no idea. None at all.

You see, you fight with a goose once, and only once. Bastard hisses at you and all it takes is a few more steps before it takes off for your face in a violent rage. You reach out to grab it but it's pretty damn fast and nips you on the hands a few times, giving you nice red angry looking welts. You quickly realize this isn't something to be solved with half measures so you pick up steam and start going at it with real effort. After dodging a few times and losing some chunks of your pants to it's oddly sharp beak you manage to grab the demonically hissing rage-bird by the neck and realize, damn, I don't REALLY wanna kill this thing, so you chuck it with a bit of force towards the nearest stream and step back.

Thing is, while you're done with the goose it's not done with you. Next thing you know the shitty thing is riding your head like a wooden rocking horse taking potshots at your ears and face yet SOMEHOW avoiding your hands with it's advantage of flight. This is where you either kill the thing or just run for it like a little girl, because now you realize that this thing is more willing to die than it is to stop making you have a horrible day.

However you escape though, as you stand there panting, hair disheveled, covered in red welts and missing chunks of clothing, discovering the crowd that gathered behind you as you flailed pathetically against the bird all silently (or not so silently) laughing, you'll then realize the truth:

Just don't fuck with geese. You can "win", but you'll never win.

Leunam

You either win or you die and you gotta commit. If you ain't ready to take a life before your morning coffee at work then you ain't a goose fighter.

I'm fucking dying here.

Geese are miserable bastard. My dad used to have a flock at his ranch. They did not give a fuck how big you were, you never cross their flock. Even the horses stayed away from them.

Onemic

I can't stop laughing at work. You chucked a wild goose at someone. looool

And if you win you'll most likely be fined/jailed if there was an audience to see what you did.

Oxn

Because we are not psychos? Why would you potentially kill a goose just because it was threatened by you and is defending itself?

You sound like a completely sane and well adjusted individual

If a goose attacked me i would definitely not fight back, cause i love animals.

Just dont tell me a goose can kick my butt, cause it cant.

Makonero

It can and it will if you invade it's space. You're delusional if you think otherwise, tough guy.

Leunam

I mean you can totally do some damage to the bastard, but you're gonna walk away with like 50% HP at the end.

I think if you shoot it with a blunderbuss mid attack you can just reach in and rip its heart out.

i have not tried the attack from behind tho

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I like how this thread has gone full circle from people laughing at how ducks are scaring GAF's dudes with 12 inch wangs who can bone for 10 hours straight, to respecting geese as aggressive motherfuckers, all the way back around to people acting like tough guys about fighting geese.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I like how this thread has gone full circle from people laughing at how ducks are scaring all these guys who talk about having 12 inch wangs and being able to bone for 10 hours straight, to respecting geese as aggressive motherfuckers, all the way back around to people acting like tough guys about fighting geese.

Next step we declare them a threat and suggest their complete annihilation.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
My campus has a lake in the center of it, so we have over a hundred of these bastards. Some of the sidewalks going towards the student center are unwalkable because of poop and the fact that they'll attack people. It's not so bad during heavy traffic times like when everyone is going between class, but if you walk alone between classes you might run into a gang of geese and have to swerve out of their way.

I live next door to a big group of ducks too. They're actually pretty nice, but they've grown accustomed to running the town. They walk in the dead center of the street and don't care about oncoming cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom