• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Yooka-Laylee screenshots and info; Toybox coming for backers in July

EDIT: Beaten

I don't think that underwater shot is an actual screenshot.... maybe it is, but I thought it was just a render like this:
latest

This has been a common trend for them for quite a while now! ;)

latest

Samemind

He's even carrying Jinjo on the cartridge.

I guess that's how the game caught my eye first time around at the rental store. That art barely had any negative space, there was so much pulling for your attention that I couldn't even see it.

omg the snake and duck characters are hilarious!

really enjoy the evil bee badguy design.

cant get over the bat's big red nose though.

looks a little hit or miss, cant wait to see the final game though

thefro

Looks great.

I still think it'll end up being 2017, but I was pretty confident about this one turning out well given the number of really experienced hands on this one. The core team's worked together for years and they're very passionate about what they're doing.

A-V-B

This game looks awesome. Banjo-Kazooie was never a part of my childhood because I didn't have an N64, but I have an understanding of its importance and I'm excited to see it at this level!

arkon

It all sounds and looks good. Looking forward to the toybox in July. Pretty sure that was part of my pledge level... I think.

muteki

omg the snake and duck characters are hilarious!

really enjoy the evil bee badguy design.

cant get over the bat's big red nose though.

looks a little hit or miss, cant wait to see the final game though

I'm still in a bit of denial that Trouser Snake is a real character in the game.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I'm more or less done with Kickstarting games, so I didn't back this one, but I will definitely snatch it up on the Wii U eShop when it goes live (assuming the final product turns out decent).

Illucio

Banned
Old Logo:

New Logo:
The new logo is way too dark.
I like the design change, but it needs to be lighter like the last logo.

The laylee part is fine but the yooka is waaaay too dark.

It's a weird change though, it somehow feels empty/cheapened in someway. I hope they toy with it some more.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Cannot wait to see the info coming in the next couple of months. So excited to get my hands on the toy box.

Kinsei

Banned
Any updates on a release date or is this still 2017?

The original release date was set for October 2016. It says in the OP that they are still shooting for that date but they will delay the game if they don't think it is up to the standards that they have set for themselves.

I'm personally expecting Q1 or Q2 2017.

Clov

Looks fantastic! I can't wait to play this one; it looks like the Banjo game I've been waiting for for so long.

Top Bottom