• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus' Palmer Luckey funds white-supremacist/misogynistic/anti-lgbt harassment group

chadskin

Am I missing something? This wasn't made with Palmer's 'normal' reddit account, doesn't mention Palmer Luckey or Oculus? Not saying I don't believe other's saying this was posted by him but I'm missing the breadcrumb trail.

The 24-year-old told The Daily Beast that he had used the pseudonym “NimbleRichMan” on Reddit with a password given him to by the organization’s founders.

Holy fucking what. Out of nowhere. Well I wasn't planning on getting an Oculus, and now I'm pretty certain to be getting a PSVR. I mean Jesus dude...

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
hIWNuDW.png

A truly inspirational man.

Disgusting.
I liked Vive more anyway, but I guess that solidifies what I'll be buying next year.

Arcia

Banned
I said it in the other thread, but this is disgusting and he straight up sounds like a comic book super villian. Talking about "buying" political revolution. wat

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Any iota of a chance of me buying a Rift in the future just disappeared quickly.

Guess Who

Banned
Am I missing something? This wasn't made with Palmer's 'normal' reddit account, doesn't mention Palmer Luckey or Oculus? Not saying I don't believe other's saying this was posted by him but I'm missing the breadcrumb trail.

The article in the OP says NimbleRichMan is indeed Palmer's alt, from the mouth of the man himself, and that he (along with /r/The_Donald moderators) is a founder of the Nimble America group that the post is promoting.

There's also a thread in Off-Topic that I imagine will get merged into this (or vice-versa) at some point.

It's a shitty feeling when you have the option of Oculus or Vive and realistically you can only afford one, and then you pick the one created by the pro-Trump racist memelord shitheel. At least I can make the decision not to buy an Oculus Touch, I guess.

What you're missing is reading the article.

Holy fucking what. Out of nowhere. Well I wasn't planning on getting an Oculus, and now I'm pretty certain to be getting a PSVR. I mean Jesus dude...

Same situation for me but I plan to get a Vive. Just about every time I hear about this person, they're doing some dumb shit.

Sou Da

"meme magic"

Pretty amazing that people ignored /pol/ to the point where their ilk can now influence American politics. Which is kind of what that board always wanted.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
There's also a thread in Off-Topic that I imagine will get merged into this (or vice-versa) at some point.

It's a shitty feeling when you have the option of Oculus or Vive and realistically you can only afford one, and then you pick the one created by the pro-Trump racist memelord shitheel.

I don't see why they would be merged - it has implications in both gaming and political off topic chat. Not to mention the fact that the news should have exposure on both sides of the forum.

Yukinari

Awaiting the dozens of videos and articles talking about this. I cant imagine anyone would defend him but im sure theyre out there.

Exuro

Well I guess that answers if I ever buy touch controllers. This is disappointing, but I guess it makes sense since his gf is a Trump supporter. Didn't know he was a gamersgater though.

Krejlooc

Banned
He sold Oculus to Facebook, but continues to run Oculus under Facebook.

He doesn't run Oculus. his official position is "founder." Not CEO, not chief scientist, not technology officer, not head of marketing, not VP, not CFO, no real power position. He is "founder."

He's a figure head and has been since their series A funding round.

SerTapTap

Is he technically still employed/at a position that can be terminated? Wondering what Oculus can do. No matter how distant he is from day to day, the damage this does is clear to see.

Awaiting the dozens of videos and articles talking about this. I cant imagine anyone would defend him but im sure theyre out there.

The disgust is oddly universal on Twitter considering the number of trump losers about.

But considering this revelation I have to wonder how many of those are paid. Maybe their shift just hasn't started yet.

Briarios

He was a douchebag from the beginning -- but you can be that and your positives outweigh what a jerk you are ... nothing can save a racist except repentance, in my mind. Then again, he may not be racist -- he may be throwing in with this crowd to build network connections and grow his wealth. Damaging the nation for your own personal benefit is even worse ... so, no matter what, he sucks.

Palmer was a playing a Trump Wall VR game on the Time cover. Watching Mexicans build the wall was such a euphoric experience it legitimately made him float.

Top Bottom