• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus' Palmer Luckey funds white-supremacist/misogynistic/anti-lgbt harassment group

Hoooly shit, first I've ever heard of this. No words for how sick this is.

Facebook and any other major business partners need to dump this guy immediately.

JordanN

Banned
Sony suddenly rolls out a new box.

h2uPmTP.jpg

Neiteio

Dude's on the wrong side of history

Then again, we might all be history if Trump becomes president and reduces the world to slag the moment someone riles him up with a tweet

Cartman86

Banned
Interested to find out his exact status at Oculus since that story says Facebook no longer employs him. If he isn't there anymore even as a figurehead it might be time to get ahead of this story Oculus... I lost faith in them a while ago and it seemed like others were very quickly, and now this.

Big Nikus

Don't forget he wears flip-flops on stage.

If Zuckerberg wants to get rid of all disease, well getting rid of Luckey would be a good start.

And i recently said that i dont like him and joked he is a hack fraud in another thread. Guess i was right.

Never could stand that prick and always knew he is a asshole.

Sai-kun

Banned
How long until someone deems this thread unworthy of being open because it doesn't strictly relate to games? 😂

Luckey's a piece of shit. Good work, man.

The Daily Beast said:
“It’s something that no campaign is going to run,” Luckey said of the proposed billboards for the project.

“I’ve got plenty of money,” Luckey added. “Money is not my issue. I thought it sounded like a real jolly good time.”

But in another post written under Luckey’s Reddit pseudonym, there are echoes of a similar tech billionaire, Peter Thiel, who used his deep pockets to secretly fund a campaign against Gawker.

“The American Revolution was funded by wealthy individuals,” NimbleRichMan wrote on Saturday. Luckey confirmed to The Daily Beast he penned the posts under his Reddit pseudonym. “The same has been true of many movements for freedom in history. You can’t fight the American elite without serious firepower. They will outspend you and destroy you by any and all means.”

Disgusting. What a gross cocktail of stupidity, hate, money and privilege.

I want to be very clear. I think Palmer has every right to do this shit. And I have every right to do everything I can to never support any of his endeavors financially and to suggest to my friends that they do the same.

shandalus

Banned
2016, black supremacy is in! White supremacy is out! Next year is opposite year! Fuck this nightmare let's just play games and ignore stupid people. It's easy. I do it every day you can too.

So you have to tell me every time I look at Hillary's replies on Twitter seeing a bunch of hateful memes about her, Palmer was responsible for this?

eggandI

Banned
2016, black supremacy is in! White supremacy is out! Next year is opposite year! Fuck this nightmare let's just play games and ignore stupid people. It's easy. I do it every day you can too.

Nah, I don't want to ignore a POS who is funding white supremacist groups.

Junior Member playing 'devil's advocate', huh? Refusing to acknowledge that entertainment doesn't exist in a bubble. How novel.

L Thammy

Dude's on the wrong side of history

Then again, we might all be history if Trump becomes president and reduces the world to slag the moment someone riles him up with a tweet

Let's get Trump an Oculus Rift and build a game where the stories he tells magically become reality retroactively. He can be president there instead.

Palmer has said some shitty things in the past and I can't remember if it was libertarian tech bro bullshit or gamergate bullshit. looking into it now but sufficed to say I'm not surprised by this.

Top Bottom