• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Physical copies og CoD WW2 doesn't work without a patch.

Joco

This. I can't believe people brush this off as being butthurt about not being able to play the game early. These practices are an affront to game preservation and anyone who gives a shit should be incensed.

Also this. Right now it's a problem, but it will be a lot bigger problem the day that PSN support for PS4 inevitably shuts down. If you don't have the game installed with the patch when that happens, you're screwed.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I don't care about not being able to play the game early. It's the fact that they ruin preservation and ownership forever by doing this.

yyr

I'm actually surprised this is legal. I mean, if you buy a physical product you should be obligated to use it as you see fit.

Lots of software these days (possibly including this game) includes a license agreement. Basically it says

"This product is licensed, not sold"
"You have purchased a license"
"We reserve the right to require ______" (such as patches)
"By playing the game you accept this agreement"

So basically you have already agreed to this.

I don't care about not being able to play the game early. It's the fact that they ruin preservation and ownership forever by doing this.

Fingers crossed that by the time preservation becomes an issue, this game will be playable on PC via emulator (legally, of course), and this day 1 patch wont be necessary.

Kid Ying

At least they are being honest about It. A friend of mine already got the game (here in Brazil) and it says in the box "requires an internet connection).

Trogdor1123

Lots of software these days (possibly including this game) includes a license agreement. Basically it says

"This product is licensed, not sold"
"You have purchased a license"
"We reserve the right to require ______" (such as patches)
"By playing the game you accept this agreement"

So basically you have already agreed to this.
License agreements of this nature rarely hold much water when truly challenged.

Gamezone

Gold Member
At least they are being honest about It. A friend of mine already got the game (here in Brazil) and it says in the box "requires an internet connection).

The last 3-4 CoD games has this without locking single player behind a patch.

Top Bottom