• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience playable game screenshot/link thread

I want to be excited for Chasm, but when I visited the webpage the first thing I saw was "procedurally generated."

Maybe this has an audience but I've yet to be impressed by one. They never seem to have any good actual level design, it's just a bunch of randomized junk that tries to pass off as a well made game. I'd love to be proven wrong at some juncture. Rogue Legacy wasn't awful, but yeah, it kind of fell into the same trappings.

You think Spelunky HD and Binding of Isaac are bad?

Vlitra

Banned
"Severed" and "Salt and Sanctuary" are two of my most anticipated games. Can't wait to read some impressions.

dosh

Thanks for the thread OP.

At last something new from Death Gambit, Firewatch and Thumper, yay!

Dude, Night in the Woods feels like it was announced an eternity ago. I practically forgot it existed.
They kind of acknowledged that in their latest project update. Apparently, they're all set for a 2016 release.
But yeah, I feel like I've been waiting on Night in the Woods and Distance for a good long while now. Probably worth it though.

Thumper is amazing, go play that shit.

So hyped for Night In The Woods.

AQVFE2v.gif

Thanks for the effort dude. It's a really great line-up (
and fuck anyone who blanket dismisses indie games
) and I'm particularly looking forward to Cosmic Star Heroine, Salt and Sanctuary, Death's Gambit and Kerbal Space Programme.

Anyone know if Hyper Light Drifter is likely to be there?

kyser73

I'm going to be looking out for...

Distance...could scratch the WipEout itch
Drifter...3rd person Elite?
Drive!Drive!Drive!...interesting concept
Revolver360 Re:actor...fucking BONKERS
Sentris...relaxing puzzler
Strike Vector...hell yeah
Thumper...see Distance on WipEout itch

Oh, and Assault Android Cactus, which makes the wait for NMS feel like a breeze...

Oh man, I read 'playable game screenshot' and had visions of a new type of screenshot, Vine-style snippets of a game that you can upload and let others play.

This is probably because I just read about the new iPhone's live photos.

Dawg

Darkest Dungeon looks amazing.

Unfortunately, I fear a lot of people will be disappointed with it once they realize how cruel the game is in terms of difficulty. It's kind of a shame, because I really like the concept of the game and the art is incredible.

But there's a horrible grind necessary to overcome its difficulty. It was always a difficult game, but the recent patch made it worse. Very frustrating at times. It was always a hard game, but the recent patch made it more frustrating than fun, to me.

I guess there's a chance they'll improve it before the console launch.

Thumper is amazing, go play that shit.

So hyped for Night In The Woods.

AQVFE2v.gif

Man i really want Firewatch.

These are two games that are very high on my list as well.

Happy to see people finding new games as well. I was blown away by some of the games that I had never even heard of before looking them up. I hope that Sony does a Treehouse live styled all day livestream to show off some of these games.

It's surreal for me to think that I'll be able toplay Darkest Dungeon, Crypt of the Necrodancer, and Cosmic Star Heroine on the go. I need every one of them in my veins. I've also been waiting for Chasm for years, hopefully it'll materialize soon.

Some of the other games also look great. My favorite would be Death's Gambit: obvious Shadow of the Colossus inspiration aside, it looks gorgeous.

Top Bottom