• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW 1.75 coming soony (3D Blu-ray support) #4theplayers

Vashetti

Banned
My guess is that this isn't as soon as people think. Maybe a month.

Didn't they take a long time to release that major update with Sharefactory? I feel like it was weeks after announcement by the time it showed up

Yeah that ShareFactory update took forever and turned out to be a major disappointment. The best feature of that update was the option to dim the lightbar and making the PS Store snappier.

VanWinkle

I just... why? I mean, it needs to be added, but an update just for that feature alone? Right after they just released an update?

I mean, it's good news. There was always going to be feature parity at some point (not there yet of course). But I mean, they had to know that this would look like a reactionary move right?

Sony really baffles me with their firmware updates. Nintendo and Microsoft seem to be much better about actually doing things with their updates and not seemingly "reacting" to someone elses update. Feels odd saying that givne that you would have thought last year before PS4 came out that it would be #1 for adding new features to the firmware in a timely manner.

Nintendo takes longer than Sony between significant updates.

OneUh8

oh man rofl. That's too obvious this is only happening because MS got it coming. Wonder if they have been sitting on this or not.

Uhh..thanks? Still waiting for DLNA/External Media support and I can finally pack up my 360. The only thing I use it for is to watch ripped videos from my external drive.

Its coming I know, but I do wish Sony would roll out features a bit quicker. PS4 does gaming extremely well...but media? Ehhh...

atomsk

Party Pooper
considering my 80gb fat PS3 randomly decides it does not like to play some blu-rays without shitting itself (never had a problem with games, only movies) this means I can finally watch that copy of Jurassic Park 3D I bought last year.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Let's hope one of these two losers implements DLNA in the near future so their competition will get a fucking clue.

Seriously, you're both incompetent.

VanWinkle

Wait, why are people joking so much about the stability thing? Isn't it good that we have an update for the first time in three months that isn't about stability?

True. People complained there wasn't 3D Blu-Ray support, and now Sony is adding it and they're complaining it's being added. :/

I think people are complaining about the fact that software updates were released just a day or two apart, when they could've been released together as a single update.

I don't think people are complaining about getting more features.

Handy Fake

3D blu-ray is a true last gen feature.

giphy.gif

Speak for yourself.

3D Blu-ray in the home is awesome. Much better experience than in the cinema.

Yep. Home quality is far superior and I love it.

You dont have a comfy couch or smoke a joint and have a few drinks in a theater either lol.

Dim the lights, crank the surround, smoke a doob, and fire up Judge Dredd 3-D...good times :)

Downhome

This is amazing news for me. Now I just need a remote and the PS4 will be my primary media player and not my PS3. I love 3D at home way more than even in theaters. I mean, yeah, here is my collection thus far just of my 3D titles. Most are pictured here, I think I, Robot is set aside right now and then the ones in other box sets like Creature from the Black Lagoon aren't shown here. I have around 70 in total...

fYCVOje.jpg

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
Yeah that ShareFactory update took forever and turned out to be a major disappointment. The best feature of that update was the option to dim the lightbar and making the PS Store snappier.

Nobody even knew they were working on it.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Xbox one does support DLNA as a digital media renderer.

I dont know what that means but I do know that I can stream music from my ancient PC to my PS3 and 360, but that I can't to the PS4 and Xbox One.

Quasar

This is amazing news for me. Now I just need a remote and the PS4 will be my primary media player and not my PS3. I love 3D at home way more than even in theaters. I mean, yeah, here is my collection thus far just of my 3D titles...

fYCVOje.jpg

Wow. I didn't even know there was that many 3D discs in existence.

EvB

I dont know what that means but I do know that I can stream music from my ancient PC to my PS3 and 360, but that I can't to the PS4 and Xbox One.

You can on Xbox one. I actually stream things directly from my NAS to my Xbox One.

It doesn't have a browser though, so I browse my NAS using a generic DLNA app for iPhone and then the Xbox plays it.

I don't have a 3D TV or any 3D BluRays or have any desire to watch 3D movies at home (or even at the theater for that matter).

But YAY! Sony's finally adding a feature in one of its updates! This is great and sad at the same time.

manual4

Banned

using playto you can stream music to the xbox one, but can only manage que on computer

Top Bottom