• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Screenshots of PlayStation Experience 2015 games **56k warning!**

UltraJay

How is Kerbal Space Program going to play without a mouse and keyboard? I guess we will see since everything is playable on the show floor.

It just that there is a LOT that can be done outside of controlling the space craft and its stages. You'd have to have a different interface and/or a way to change control "modes" so you could - for instance - select individual modules.

Will this be added into the PC version? Then again, I've never felt the need to even use a flight stick with the way its flight model works.

The games that are on my radar:

Crypt of the NecroDancer: the gameplay looks pretty good and the soundtrack is awesome.

Kerbal Space Program: it looks fun.

Salt and Sanctuary: I remember when it was revealed, it kinda had a Souls vibe.

Stories: The Path of Destinies: looks interesting (plus a friend of mine is working on it so that's pretty cool)

Dawg

I'd go a little further and say the game is still struggling with balance problems. Difficult is fine - Darkest Dungeon often feels unfair for the sake of being unfair and then labels it as "difficult."

Still, there's a good game under the issues and if they get ironed out it'll be well worth picking up.

Yah, true. I really hope they improve it before launch because I love everything about the game except for the balance problems :(

Goteki_45

VOeumw9.gif

LOL

Skelter

Banned
Getting that and The Witness in January, along with Firewatch in February. Really great way to start 2016 imo.

Same here! Just on PC. Firewatch looks incredible. Love the art style and the dialogue between the two characters the studio showed in their little gameplay demo. I hope it's that strong through out the game.

Darkest Dungeon though, incredible game.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Well, I really hope that's far from all they have to show off. Feels like I walked into any generic indie game thread. A lot of these games look pretty rad, but this is not exactly what I would've wanted to see at the show.

Mikey Jr.

If I had to pick one game out of that list that jumps out at me, it would be Cosmic Star Heroine for sure. Just the aesthetics alone look great. Nevermind that it is a turn based RPG.

Übermatik;182859461 said:
When people put '56K warning!' in the thread title, are they serious?

I'm more worried about people opening this thread on mobile with their data.

redcrayon

Well, I really hope that's far from all they have to show off. Feels like I walked into any generic indie game thread. A lot of these games look pretty rad, but this is not exactly what I would've wanted to see at the show.
Looks like a great mix of genres to me.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
While browsing the screens i suddenly realized how freaking incredible it is that we can look forward to some amazing "retro-style" games again, without them having only the pure gimmick of being "retro". Like, despite me already having it on PC, I can't wait for Necro-Dancer PS4, Salt & Sanctuary and quite some other games of this list, and I feel so reminded of good, old VGA times, when pixel art games looked and felt legit great and not great for the sake of being pixels. It sounds super weird probably, but to me it's still fantastic these games still (or better: again) exist.

After reading again, yeah I sound weird. <3 Indie

mekes

Seems to be something there for most tastes. Definitely keen to see some more of Darkest Dungeon, Salt and Sanctuary and the new KoF, but I already knew of those games, plenty more look to have some good charm going from the screenshots posted.

Thanks to Mikey Jnr for taking the time to make this thread :)

Top Bottom