• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump picks anti-LGBT hate group to run domestic policy transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrodium

Banned
And anyone pretending that his base is 100% opposed to bigotry is deluded.

I know they're not all bigoted by are, by sheer fact of having voted for him, unconcerned with bigotry to the degree where they deemed vague promises of jobs and winning to be more important. People need to acknowledge that and stop shitting on minorities for doing so.

Agreed. Again, obviously anyone who voted for Trump is okay with bigotry because he didn't hide his prejudice at all in these past year. However, this doesn't mean everyone who voted Trump voted for him BECAUSE of the racism. Yes, yes, that doesn't mean shit when Trump is in office and will have a boot on the necks of minorities for four years, but to come back and enact change we have to look at the multitude of reasons people turned to this man instead of picking the easiest explanation and calling it a day.

I don't want to derail this thread though and there's plenty of other topics for this discussion.

The_Kid

I'm so tired of people telling me everything is going to be fine and we're overreacting.

"Oh, well elections are a popularity contest at first, Trump won't get the nomination"

"Oh, well he won't win the presidency, human decency will win out"

"Well, he was just being outrageous to win and he doesn't hold that much power"

It's so frustrating to have people being appointed who want your rights taken away and everyone around you scoffing like you're just whining.

Wallowing is a bit harsh. FWIW I do sympathize with you guys and if I could, I would have voted against him. But it would be pretty dishonest of me to say that I followed this US election because of my interest in foreign politics. It was just rubbernecking at the dumpster fire (which your country voted to bring inside the house).

As an outsider looking in, it is fascinating. And it is entertaining. And some times its pretty hilarious. That doesnt mean I think its a good thing or it should continue to happen. But it is what it is.

It must be fucking hilarious to see minorities go through terrible times huh?

azyless

Because people are reacting that way?? I voted for Clinton, I'm very sad by this turn of events, it doesnt mean I cant point out how I'm seeing similar "not my president" reactions from the left as I did from the right in 2008. Doesnt mean they arent right, but also doesnt mean it shouldnt be pointed out.
Similar reactions, very different reasons. This comparison is dishonest at best.

Lijik

What "issues". I take it you're going to say something along the lines of racists being emboldened, and starting to just randomly kill members of minority groups?

Hey my dude, if your first thought in a thread about LGBT issues is "I bet they're gonna bring up emboldened racists!" maybe concede you're out of your depth, especially if you openly admit you dont know what the issues are.

Wallowing is a bit harsh. FWIW I do sympathize with you guys and if I could, I would have voted against him. But it would be pretty dishonest of me to say that I followed this US election because of my interest in foreign politics. It was just rubbernecking at the dumpster fire (which your country voted to bring inside the house).

As an outsider looking in, it is fascinating. And it is entertaining. And some times its pretty hilarious. That doesnt mean I think its a good thing or it should continue to happen. But it is what it is.

Well I'm glad to know that you're enjoying yourself at the expense of others.

Jesus Christ...

I'm so tired of people telling me everything is going to be fine and we're overreacting.

"Oh, well elections are a popularity contest at first, Trump won't get the nomination"

It's so frustrating to have people being appointed who want your rights taken away and everyone around you scoffing like you're just whining.

it is people from a position of privilege who can't understand someone who is different from them

human nature man

tbm24

My brother and sister in law use this exact argument. At one point they even brought up Congress as a check and balance on trump's crazy, because they have never once had a need to look up what the GOP is about these past 8 years. It's infuriating because they also didn't vote.

I feel like you're using the term peaceful left as a nice version of another term.

Thanks for further adding to the discussion at hand, you've really made a valid point. People are angry.

On both sides, there is anger. The point is that alot of people are angry in the wrong ways and lash out regardless of political views.

Jeels

Jesus there are pages and pages and pages of minorities being attacked and the other side posts the same damned video over and over as if they now have some moral highground, as if all violence isn't disgusting.

Squalor

On both sides, there is anger. The point is that alot of people are angry in the wrong ways and lash out regardless of political views.
No, that wasn't your point.

You are using a straw man to distract from the fact that the guy you support is a monster.

Your attempt is transparent and pathetic.

Yayate

One side is angry that their opponents support bigotry to the point of electing Trump/Pence.. The other side is angry that their opponents support the rights of minorities.

DNAbro

Okay but that is not relevant to the discussion. This is about the policies the government want to put into place and how it will affect people. I don't condone any violence and many of us are worried that the policies being put into place will incite violence on us.

So you're showing a cherry-picked video of anti-Trump related violence, which, as far as I've seen this week, is the only video of its kind, when everyone else in this topic is discussing LGBT rights being in serious danger.

ty_hot

That's what you get when you use hate speech to burst your campaign in the early days. After you are elected you have to give them power.

Similar thing happening in Brazil with the new unelected coupist government.

One side is angry that their opponents support bigotry to the point of electing Trump/Pence.. The other side is angry that their opponents support the rights of minorities.

Right, and the left side still incite violence, whats your point?

Both sides have no business is inciting violence. You can be against lgbtq or for it (I'm gay myself) but to act in a violent way to get your point across is not the way. We all have the freedom to express how we feel regardless if you agree with it or not.

This is the 7th time I've seen that video posted since yesterday

It will continue to be posted because people need validation of their beliefs, they don't actually give a fuck, they just wanna go "but both sides tho."

And I have to say, not only is it only tangentially related to the topic at hand, it's incredibly disrespectful to the people here who are trying to cope with the fact that their lives are going to be torn down around them within the next four years.

Edit: Oh! He's gay! So it's alright to go "both sides" then!

Alavard

If you're for Trump, you'll be receiving a perma ban shortly. The Left are intolerant over differing views.

Bull fucking shit. Wanting to discriminate against someone for their sexuality or gender is not a 'differing view'. It's bigotry. Plain and simple. And bigotry should never be tolerated. This is not a 'both sides' thing.

MUnited83

For you.
If you're for Drumpf, you'll be receiving a perma ban shortly. The Left are intolerant over differing views.

Trump supporters don't get perma banned for supporting him. But since they many of them are racist hateful bigots, they end up being banned for being those things.

Squalor

Right, and the left side still incite violence, whats your point?

Both sides have no business is inciting violence. You can be against lgbtq or for it (I'm gay myself) but to act in a violent way to get your point across is not the way. We all have the freedom to express how we feel regardless if you agree with it or not.
Trump's policies invite violence.

A group of people acting badly isn't the same.

The person you support is an awful person who champions awful traits and ideas, and you are okay with it.

because those that don't get banned

hopefully they read the posts and look within themselves

kicking people out without attempting to do any kind of education will kill us all

and if you believe there is no saving them we are all fucked no matter what

you either have faith in humanity, the ones on the line of being trash included, or you don't and we're screwed. there is no easy answer honestly, and even my attempt to make it have or have not is probabaly wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom