• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump picks anti-LGBT hate group to run domestic policy transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yayate

Right, and the left side still incite violence, whats your point?

Both sides have no business is inciting violence. You can be against lgbtq or for it (I'm gay myself) but to act in a violent way to get your point across is not the way. We all have the freedom to express how we feel regardless if you agree with it or not.

Do you not understand the difference between a small minority of an otherwise peaceful protest growing violent, and the election of a president that supports white supremacy?

Both sides are not the same. One side is showing unrest, to defend themselves and their friends from an actually violent right.

If you're for Trump, you'll be receiving a perma ban shortly. The Left are intolerant over differing views.

No one should tolerate bigotry

Abhor

If you're for Trump, you'll be receiving a perma ban shortly. The Left are intolerant over differing views.

Bigotry is a political view that should be tolerated apparently. Oh, wait, no it isn't. Show me who's been banned for just saying they support/voted for Trump.

Trump's policies invite violence.

A group of people acting badly isn't the same.

The person you support is an awful person who champions awful traits and ideas, and you are okay with it.

And Hilary's policies incite sjw nonsense that censor any train of thought.

Both politicians were terrible choices btw and I support neither, but I support the freedom to express yourself without having fear of being silenced.

God, I just want some sanity restored around here

People telling us to get over bigotry and not call it out

People pretending to care in one thread and laughing in another

And these are not burners, these are full members

Fuck me man

Both politicians were terrible choices btw and I support neither, but I support the freedom to express yourself without having fear of being silenced.

"I want to take away gay rights" Is just expressing themselves?

It's really fucking terrible that people say, oh that's just their opinion. Their opinion wants to invalidate someones existence! How can people be so daft?

pirata

I fully expect to be jailed, tortured and/or killed if I don't get out of this country in the next year. Our existence and dignity is a thorn in the side of masculine authoritarianism.

DNAbro

You aren't even discussing anything. Don't pretend to care about being censored when you don't even want to talk issues.

RedHill

Banned
If you're talking about people on the left inciting violence, I really hope you're also talking about the white supremicist shit that's been happening since Tuesday around schools in the US.

Alavard

A) You do not have that freedom on a private forum, such as this one.

B) One of the presidential candidates promised to curtail the 1st amendment. It wasn't Clinton.

But you're still not addressing the topic at hand.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
He's probably thinking to himself, "see! Goddamn SJW bullshit! They're trying to take freedom of speech away from me!".

RedHill

Banned

Theres that alt right thinking. "The media says it's good to be progressive and treat minorities well, so you aren't a free thinker unless you think otherwise"

Helznicht

Feels Bad Man.

Anything against the simple right given to us by the Declaration should be fought against.

"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" Simple concept, simple to apply.

DOMA flew in the face of this simple concept, and its removal has paved the way to make the government work for all Americans. I pray the new government does not move us from this goal, and if they do, I hope all true Americans stand up against this loss of a basic civil right.

Woorloog

Banned
People still unironically say sjw in 2016?

People who stand for social equality and justice really should appropriate the term social justice warrior. It has a good ring to it.

And then we could laugh at alt-righters crying about cultural appropriation.

I doubt Trump himself is even really aware of who this guy is.

This is exactly the problem with electing an empty suit to the highest office. People like Mike Pence and Steve Bannon are going to throw names out there and Trump's just gonna roll with it.
Exactly.

Trump is going to sign off on every name that appears on his desk, just because it means less work for him.

He probably does less research into candidates than the average voter, and that's really alarming.

this need to feel smug and above it all should stop

I may be a little guilty of this as well. Whose to say honestly...

Acting smug and above it all is a combination of a positive and a negative action.

Positive: Trying to remove oneself from the action to validate one's beliefs

Negative: Baiting people into responding so that it becomes a never-ending trail that makes the other party more and more heated until they get banned or leave, thus validating the originator's beliefs.

It's basically just trolling.

Wallowing is a bit harsh. FWIW I do sympathize with you guys and if I could, I would have voted against him. But it would be pretty dishonest of me to say that I followed this US election because of my interest in foreign politics. It was just rubbernecking at the dumpster fire (which your country voted to bring inside the house).

As an outsider looking in, it is fascinating. And it is entertaining. And some times its pretty hilarious. That doesnt mean I think its a good thing or it should continue to happen. But it is what it is.

Yeah it's pretty hilarious that myself and my friends face the fact that people that want us dead have so much power. It's a fucking riot.

Woorloog

Banned
The term came from the left, to describe the overzealous, narcissistic types that often pop up in activist circles.

It already was co-opted. Now it just means anyone who doesn't read Breitbart daily.

Oh.
Shit, wasn't aware of that.

Well, it could be co-opted again, this time for, you know, reasonable people.

That won't happen, right?

Afrodium

Banned
I doubt Trump himself is even really aware of who this guy is.

This is exactly the problem with electing an empty suit to the highest office. People like Mike Pence and Steve Bannon are going to throw names out there and Trump's just gonna roll with it.

I fear that Trump will let Pence and Bannon decide everything and will only exercise his power as the POTUS when he wants to start a war/carpet bomb the Middle East/launch a nuke.

I fear that Trump will let Pence and Bannon decide everything and will only exercise his power as the POTUS when he wants to start a war/carpet bomb the Middle East/launch a nuke.

I think people also don't realize the people surrounding Hitler were just as bad and often worse

his cronies were terrible and some of them got away

At first I was optimistic but I've been living in denial; it was a false hope. I said I would wait until his actions to reach a conclusion.

The LGBT community is fucked under Trump's administration. Minorities are fucked under Trump just as well. It will only get worse now that he has power (House & Senate).

I hope the States (and people) that voted for Hillary will fight back.

Edit:

Tried to be optimistic given the outcome (which was truly baseless).

Toxi

Banned
Brilliant strategy from the alt right stooges: Say offensive shit you'll know will get you banned, while claiming you'll get banned because of our intolerance. Gotta look like a martyr to your buddies on Reddit.

DNAbro

At first I was optimistic but I've been living in denial; it was a false hope. I said I would wait until his actions to reach a conclusion.

The LGBT community is fucked under Trump's administration. Minorities are fucked under Trump just as well. It will only get worse now that he has power (House & Senate).

Edit:

We aren't just going to lay down and take it. I'm not optimistic in a bright happy 4 years but I feel like I should be more politically active than ever before to help as many as possible.

Toxi

Banned

Edit:

I'm legitimately happy to see you come to this understanding. It gives me hope more people will stop believing the lie and fight back.

In two years we get our first big chance.

Mr. X

But this is democracy, people voted and the majority wants this. We must respect it! We must educate them how this affects people!

/s

Woorloog

Banned
Differing views are for things like "I don't like French fries" not "I'm intolerant to basic human rights"

Indeed. Human rights a right, a fact, not an opinion.

You can, for example, argue "rich should be taxed less". That's fine, especially if you can actually argue for it.

But the right thinks it is a-okay to suppress human rights, saying "it is just an opinion, i have gay black friend" or some shit like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom