• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicle plows into counter protesters in Charlottesville

Mask

Dude hasn't been identified yet, right? Cause some nazi prick on twitter is claiming it's an Antifa member, but I'm fairly sure he's being a lying dick as usual.

low-G

Hmm, so I guess stolen,or actually a panic thing. Maybe the plates should be blurred then. Wonder if it was the kid driving and went to brake, but accelerated by accident, then just realized what he did and the flight instinct took over.

If the anti-Trump message is genuinely throwing you off, there's a decent number of nazis that hate Trump because they don't think he goes anywhere near far enough.

Second video shows quite a bit of empty road in front of him before the crowd.

Sure, but he does hit the break at one point before reaching the crowd and then speeds up. It's not impossible that he was looking around, thought he had enough time to stop, then realizing he didn't went to jam on the break again, but hit the gas.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
When even Fox News acknowledges these are violent white nationalists but the President refuses. The anchor did have the gall to say these people are not a true component of the alt-right and are just racists and not "true Republicans."

Instro

DHCsSnkXsAIwf9N.jpg:large

DHC4Y86XoAAoCcz.jpg

DHC4Y87XYAA8DRu.jpg

Something something heritage.

If the anti-Trump message is genuinely throwing you off, there's a decent number of nazis that hate Trump because they don't think he goes anywhere near far enough.

Maybe, but it's giving me pause. That and the rumor that he parked the car and hid in the bushes makes me hope that this was truly and accident, and not evil.

Audioboxer

Dude hasn't been identified yet, right? Cause some nazi prick on twitter is claiming it's an Antifa member, but I'm fairly sure he's being a lying dick as usual.

It seems pol and 4chan have paid money to lookup the license plate and get all the owners details, which are now posted online. This is the owner of the car though, not necessarily who was driving so the internet should really refrain from going after telephone numbers, email address and social media accounts. You need the police to name the suspect they arrested earlier.

noquarter

You need to stop watching CNN. Hell, everyone does.
45 made that argument, not just CNN. MSNBC has called him out on it, and some guy on Fox News also brought it up (that if PoC do something it is condemned, if white males do it it is both sides)

It's sad, but this is actually getting more attention to the shitty people 45 keeps in his circle and has more people calling for them to be ousted or 45 to start feeling the burn from these shitty people, at least on the big 3 cable news networks.

RS4-

Sure, but he does hit the break at one point before reaching the crowd and then speeds up. It's not impossible that he was looking around, thought he had enough time to stop, then realizing he didn't went to jam on the break again, but hit the gas.

...lol. Just no.

There's so much bullshit to parse here.

For starters, no one is going to call this what it is: White nationalist terrorist. Nazi Trumpism terrorism. After the years of bitching about "Radical Islamic Terrorism" you won't hear a peep about this guy's race or his ideology or how Trump has bolstered these people anywhere. Forget the conservative press, who will scream "FALSE FLAG" if they aren't already. Even main stream press will quietly sweep out the white, nationalist, and terrorist from this story because we don't dare offend the bad guys because that would be taking sides.

2nd, it's amazing how police managed to calmly and safely apprehend a TERRORIST suspect who had already shown a desire to kill as many people as possible. I wonder how they're so professional all of the sudden.

Izuna

Banned
What happens to the people injured if they don't have insurance? I don't know how this works in America, but are we sure they will be treated as much as they would via NHS?

Rellik

Sick of people like you coming up with this bullshit.

What happens to the people injured if they don't have insurance? I don't know how this works in America, but are we sure they will be treated as much as they would via NHS?

They're shit out of luck for medical bills. They might be able to sue the guy and his family for damages. Maybe.

butzopower

proud of his butz
I don't support the state committing mass murder of nazis as much as I hope all the dickheads soon get hit by a meteor. More palatable for some of y'all?

Nawh bruh. Nobody mistakenly hits on the gas like that.

I honestly feel like anyone arguing in favor of this car plowing into people should have their account juniored at the very least.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

They will be treated no problem for their immediate injuries but could be stuck with the bill for said treatment. Things like therapy, mental or physical though, is on them. Most likely there will be a fund put together to help pay for the medical and other expenses either as a group or individually.

Sick of people like you coming up with this bullshit.

What the hell is your problem? I'm just less ready to condemn after finding out that the owner and his family don't have any obvious hatred toward the protesters. I thought it was intentional at first as well, but I'm now considering the possibility that it could have been an accident.

riotous

Banned

The driver hopefully has car insurance; that's limited though.

I have $500k in medical insurance on my cars; so my insurance pays up to $500k of the medical needs of anyone I hurt with my car.

After that it's a civil suit against me to get the rest.

IIRC, even if you have medical insurance, they won't pay for you in these cases. They will claim the driver of the car is responsible and not them.

Audioboxer

What the hell is your problem? I'm just less ready to condemn after finding out that the owner and his family don't have any obvious hatred toward the protesters. I thought it was intentional at first as well, but I'm now considering the possibility that it could have been an accident.

As I said above you're going on the info put out by pol and 4chan which most likely is the owner of the car, but at this stage the police haven't announced who was driving the car. It could be stolen, it could be someone else in the family and so on. All we have to go on is the videos and they are as damning as you can get for crowd ramming and fleeing the scene.

Top Bottom