• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mexican president cancels Trump summit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
That tax raise is dumb.
Come on Donald, you are smarter than that.

giphy.gif

Shadybiz

If I'm understanding this correctly.. the American people will pay 20% tax on the sale of imported Mexican products to pay for the wall? Or is that not it?

Yes that's correct. It's a pass-through tax. Many Americans will read this and think it's a good thing because it puts Mexico in a tight spot...not realizing that they as the consumers will have to pay more.

Surfinn

Yes that's correct. It's a pass-through tax. Many Americans will read this and think it's a good thing because it puts Mexico in a tight spot...not realizing that they as the consumers will have to pay more.

So is this his solution for all of his plans? Just fuck over every average/below average earning American?

hawk2025

The funny thing is that by walking the 20% proposal back within a day, they just gave away bargaining power to Mexico -- and China.

Shadybiz

So is this his solution for all of his plans? Just fuck over every average/below average earning American?

YEP!!! Tens of millions of dumbasses here listened to his campaign, and concluded that "he's just like us," and that he cares. They failed to remember that he is a 1 percenter, who made out nicely over the years by failing to pay contractors for work performed, i.e, people who ARE actually just like them, because he DOESN'T care about anyone but himself.

Biske

He said that was the reason that he wasn't ever taking security briefings so it must be true.

Trump is basically Fredo from the Godfather.

He's smart like Fredo was smart.

"Im smart Michael! IM SMART!"

OMFG CANNOT BELIEVE I WASNT THE ONLY ONE TO THINK THIS

It is an uncanny comparison, specially after seeing the Frontline episode about Trump and how is father was.

It's also mental that I've just thought "we'd be better of as a country with Fredo as president"

We truly live in an age of wonders. All things are possible.

I mean, if a soft moist ass dude like fucking peña nieto could just say NO to the orange turd... Come on world leaders, don't fucking fail me.

Trump took us to this bizarre world where Peña makes good decisions, AMLO backs him up, and people more or less take Vicente Fox seriously.

TheMan

btw, NPR reported this afternoon that nieto claims the white house cancelled on him. talk about him taking or stand or doing the right thing may just be premature

Then the fall guy is gone. Right now they can push all the crazy shit they want. Voting suppression is a thing they always wanted they are getting it. Most likely. Once all their crazy ideas are gone and they start losing money. Then possible I can see him getting impeached.

If I had to guess probably right before 2020 so they make it seem like we pushed him out vote for us.
If they push Trump out it won't be until Feb 2019 at the earliest. That way Pence can play out the remainder of Trumps term then go for 8 more years of his own agenda.

-Eddman-

Trump took us to this bizarre world where Peña makes good decisions, AMLO backs him up, and people more or less take Vicente Fox seriously.

Perros y gatos living together, mass hysteria, man!

Just to clarify for non mexicans, Peña did this to save his own ass since he's the least popular president in our history. Before all this, everyone, including the upper classes who are always pro-government, were claiming for his head. Let's remember that the stupid meeting he had with Trump last august caused a huge rise in popularity for Republicans.

Peña has shown on multiple times he's willing to lick Trump's shoe if the price and political climate is right.

UberTag

If they push Trump out it won't be until Feb 2019 at the earliest. That way Pence can play out the remainder of Trumps term then go for 8 more years of his own agenda.
Is that the official deadline date where Pence could take over and still be eligible for two full terms? If he does it Jan 2019 or earlier he can only run for 4 more years?

Every trump thread needs to have a count down clock in the op counting backwards for 4 years. Becuase there needs to a little optimism or i aint gonna last a month

Morts

Should I not plan on going to any Mexican resorts this spring?

In fact, when do we start to worry about traveling outside the US in general?

-Eddman-

Should I not plan on going to any Mexican resorts this spring?

In fact, when do we start to worry about traveling outside the US in general?

I don't think you should worry, the sentiment here is pretty much just against Trump (and maybe Ford after cancelling their factory). We still appreciate americans and the business we do together. I mean, I'm still using Google and Neogaf.

Dai101

Banned
La Hora Marcada and Casos de la Vida Real were legit good stuff, tho.

Oh yeah. Hora Marcada was LEGIT

ACUl2k3.jpg

I can't vouch on Mujer tho'.

It's nice to know that Vicente Fox is more interested in polling the American public on their interests in federal spending than their own President is. Trump would poll the nation on what kind of monument to him they'd like to see built with those funds.

Or when he was president. Fucking mustachoed turd....

"We are going to cancel the visit"
"Ok you can cancel it... with our permission"
"? We don't need your permission to cancel it, we are just not going to show up"
"Not show up with our permission"

UberTag

This.

I hope Trudeau finds his balls too.
Trudeau's in a more delicate situation.

He's kind of forced to be diplomatic. But the Canadian public will hold no quarter if he gives an inch to Donny's shitty negotiation games so status quo or better is expected. Nothing less.

Mr.Mike

Trump's level of economic literacy is comically low.

I can't wait until the trade deficit blows out due to his ill conceived economic policies.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-trump-will-make-the-trade-deficit-larger-not-smaller-2016-11-25

Trade deficits are not a problem. Until Trump makes it one I guess.

Trudeau's in a more delicate situation.

He's kind of forced to be diplomatic. But the Canadian public will hold no quarter if he gives an inch to Donny's shitty negotiation games so status quo or better is expected. Nothing less.

It helps that Canada is the largest trading partner of a lot of states, specifically ones that won him the election.
Also Trump owns a bunch of stock in Canadian banks and oil companies

I do hope we seek out a new trade deal with Mexico, if Trump does do it.
And by now maybe we should take seriously the odds of Trump doing dumb, self-destructive things.

Dehnus

Daily Alt-Fact

Trump reaction: "I'm cancelling Spring Break! How huge is Cancun now, 'Mejico'??! "

Thousands of Florida resort owners cry

White House stormed by millions of College kids in swimwear.
That sounds more like a Rodney Dangerfield movie. About the president giving his new secretary of party "no respect. I get no respect around here.".

mozfan12

Banned
The dumbass probably did not even know a quarter of the things that are produced in Mexico before he announced this. And like everything he announces, 20% is probably an arbitrary number like cutting 75% of regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom