• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mexican president cancels Trump summit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto has cancelled next week's trip to Washington to meet US President Donald Trump.

The no-show comes a day after the new US president unveiled his plan to build a wall along the Mexico-US border.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-...ng&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Update:
@Reuters
Trump says agreed to cancel Pena Nieto meeting; says would be fruitless if Mexico doesn't treat U.S. fairly (not pay for wall)

Hahaha

Zen Aku

In before Sean Spicer 1:30pm press conference about how Trump cancelled it first. (Which will of course be 20 minutes late)

Standing in the face of a tyrant even though you could lose it all takes courage and stupidity. I'm glad someone is saying, "no."

Trump want to put the blame for no wall being built on the Mexican president. Hence this "I'm going to cancel the meeting" bluster from him this morning.

That way he can say he tried and still (in theory) look good to his voters.

Con_Smith

Banned
Fuck making America great. Looks like we're going to make all other nations great by being the laughing stock of the global community.

Pastry

Banned
Trump want to put the blame for no wall being built on the Mexican president. Hence this "I'm going to cancel the meeting" bluster from him this morning.

I don't this is going to look good for anyone (except Nieto) lol

hawk2025

Ready to donate to Mexico-focused charities as needed and to buy mexican products at higher prices.

Let's make this easier for Mexico.

Jmille99

So nice to see people in this country standing up to him both civilian and elected officials, government employees quitting, and foreign leaders not giving in.

1429646626-tumblr-n0bg3idagm1r5k9koo2-r1-250.gif

'Hey, I know I promised you I'd be tough and make them pay for the wall, but they cancelled the meeting!'

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
A breakdown in relations with an ally state in less than a week. New record?

He cancelled because the money for the wall couldn't fit into his briefcase. He'll paypal it instead.
America, what's your paypal address? I'll forward it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom