• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the Worst Webcomic You've Ever Read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadbeat

Banned
What was that videogame comic that was made as a joke on some forum and became incredibly popular? It was just a bunch of characters drawn in one pose. Some characters like the wii had a kilt with a limp wrist. It went downhill when people on the forums exposed the comic creators because fooling people on the internet is serious business. I hate people like that, the ones that expose great pranks.

Deadbeat said:
What was that videogame comic that was made as a joke on some forum and became incredibly popular? It was just a bunch of characters drawn in one pose. Some characters like the wii had a kilt with a limp wrist. It went downhill when people on the forums exposed the comic creators because fooling people on the internet is serious business. I hate people like that, the ones that expose great pranks.
I'm guessing you're talking about Powerup Comics!

comic1.png

There was one someone posted about a dog telling the events of her love affair with her owner, who was kicked out of the house because of it.

Creeps me out just thinking about it.

Divius

Timedog said:
How would one go about advertising a web comic? I want to make a webcomic next week.
Given the fact that you are Timedog, all you need to do is make a new thread on it.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
&Divius said:
Given the fact that you are Timedog, all you need to do is make a new thread on it.
I can't self promote or whatever, I think that's the rule. I would have to axe one of my 8 other troll projects to fit time into my schedule for this. Decisions, decisions...

Purkake4

Banned
Timedog said:
I can't self promote or whatever, I think that's the rule. I would have to axe one of my 8 other troll projects to fit time into my schedule for this. Decisions, decisions...
Perhaps if one were to acquire the services of a cat's paw and work through that, one might get around such trivial and short-sighted rules...?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Purkake4 said:
Perhaps if one were to acquire the services of a cat's paw and work through that, one might get around such trivial and short-sighted rules...?
hahahahahaha

Gazunta

Yeah, don't self promote. If you make good stuff, people will promote it for you.

And the general rule of thumb is to not start really showing your webcomic around until you have at least 30 comics online anyway. If you're asking people to check out your comic and you only have two or three strips up, people won't get attached to your work and won't come back (assuming it's good enough to come back to)

But it's just a rule of thumb. There's like 20 Doctor Cat MD comics and I will sing that strip's praises from the tallest building you can point me to.

I hit the 700 mark a few weeks back and only now do I feel like I can really promote it without total shame.

DonMigs85 said:
spyhY.png

WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN NEXT???

I haven't read this in months and months.

And then you bring it back full-force.

That guy with the glasses murders Ethan and from there it becomes a dark crime thriller as Lucas and the guy with the glasses engage in a battle of wits. Lucas and Ethan's wife have a fucked up affair.

It ends in blood... and tears.

SHAZOOM

You know, I barely even notice that he's supposed to knock into that lamp/secret switch the first time I read it (and still have no idea what lead to what even in the edits). Just sloppy story telling all around on CAD.

Kinyou

DonMigs85 said:
http://v.cdn.cad-comic.com/comics/cad-20110831-220e0.png[IMG]

Lol he spelled penguin wrong.
Still, I must admit I'm real curious to see how this goes.[/QUOTE]
Is it supposed to so stupid that it's funny again?

[spoiler]It isn't working[/spoiler]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom