• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Money in the Bank '17 |OT| It's A New Day!(One) Yes It Is!(H)

fhqwhgads

wwe_money_in_the_bank_2017_cover_by_sidcena555-dbbnh90.png

Date and Time:June 18th at 8pm Eastern and 5pm Pacific
Where to watch:On Pay Per View and WWE Network

WWE isn't exactly the bastion of good times, but let's get excited shall we? A MITB match where anyone could win! The women's division might stop sucking after tonight! New Day are back! Zack Ryder is back! HANDSOME RUSEV Is back next week! It's a good looking PPV....ignoring the WWE title match, but still!

20170616_MITB_tagteam--a8569156a9cc051bc12811db1dc8767b.jpg

Kickoff Match: The Hype Bros Vs. The Colons
Now that Zack Ryder is back, surely his luck will turn around right? It seemed like him and Mojo were set for some tag team success before his injury, so that'll be on the cards still? Right?!

20170606_MITB_NaomiLana--1bc59893670f49dc16a22f2544dae6e3.jpg

Smackdown Women's Championship Match: Naomi Vs. Lana
Forget Roman getting overpushed, Lana has technically only had ONE match before her debut on Smackdown (NXT dark matches aren't canon!) and she's already getting a title shot! But hey, the crowd loves her already, so perhaps her winning won't be so bad.

20170602_MITB_UsosNewDay--65e741c27ae907c829d64423b56858c8.jpg

Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: The Usos Vs. The New Day
Wait a minute, where the hell is Breezango?! Wasn't this supposed to be some triple threat tag team deal?!!? They're gonna be in the match right?!?

20170602_MITB_WomenLadder--3c948664588094cfa324b23beefeafd1.jpg

Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Tamina Vs. Natalya Vs. Charlotte Vs.
Carmella Vs. Becky Lynch

The good side to this match is that Stephanie isn't around to harp on about how "historic" and "groundbreaking" the match is. The bad side to this match is how the hell someone as green as Carmella or Tamina supposed to handle in a ladder match....

20170602_MITB_Laddermatch_mens--113dc8daf1225b84d9cf83780a3bb714.jpg

Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Dolph Ziggler Vs. Sami Zayn Vs. Kevin Owens Vs. AJ Styles Vs. Shinsuke Nakamura Vs. Baron Corbin
The first time AJ and Nakamura will clash in WWE! Sami and Owens are going to murder each other with ladders again! Possibly a Shelton Benjamin level stunt! It's gonna be a good'un.

20170602_MITB_MahalOrton--34416f0df01ed06b32258db9086badb9.jpg

WWE Championship Match: Jinder Mahal Vs. Randy Orton
Really? Not even a stipulation? Regular old boring rematch? Not to mention in it's Orton's hometown....sooooo it doesn't bode well for dah vapur/dah apux predata

Worst ppv lineup I've seen in years. Can guage total lack of interest in this by this thread only now just going up mere hours before the show. MITB used to be something you could count on to deliver awesome matches. Gotta keep the belt on the evil foreigner so John Cena can come back and win it for the USA USA USA on 4th of July.

yuraya

Can't wait for this. Raw can only dream of putting together such a great card. If the ladder matches turn out to be good then this will probably be the best ppv of the year.

somedevil

Worst ppv lineup I've seen in years. Can guage total lack of interest in this by this thread only now just going up mere hours before the show. MITB used to be something you could count on to deliver awesome matches. Gotta keep the belt on the evil foreigner so John Cena can come back and win it for the USA USA USA on 4th of July.

Can't wait for this. Raw can only dream of putting together such a great card. If the ladder matches turn out to be good then this will probably be the best ppv of the year.

okay

Tagyhag

Already a new PPV? Jeez.

I feel like I haven't seen someone as bad as Jinder in the ring or talking, but with THE LOOK, (seriously, he looks like a goddamn champion) be WWE champ since Sid. Am I forgetting anyone in between?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Is Hype Bros vs. The Colons the least exciting match WWE could put together right now?

I'm struggling to think of a less interesting pairing (tags or singles) across all their rosters.

GeeTeeCee

That card is so dire I should be able to watch the few bits I want to see in less than an hour if I fast-forward enough.

cucuchu

Thanks for the thread or I would of forgot this was even on.

This, then...Great Balls of FIRE...then Summerslam right? This year has been so bad for WWE in my opinion. Hope it picks up.

cordy

Banned
Already a new PPV? Jeez.

I feel like I haven't seen someone as bad as Jinder in the ring or talking, but with THE LOOK, (seriously, he looks like a goddamn champion) be WWE champ since Sid. Am I forgetting anyone in between?

Might be the best comparison I've seen of Jinder ever. Jinder's got potential and he's getting better tho but yeah nice comparison.

Nekofrog

Banned
sid was at least entertaining on the mic because you knew he had a 70/30 chance of saying something hilariously dumb

fhqwhgads

This, then...Great Balls of FIRE...then Summerslam right? This year has been so bad for WWE in my opinion. Hope it picks up.
Battleground is the Smackdown PPV between GBOF and SS.
I swear they said they were going to cut down on PPVs at the start of the year, the hell happened to that?

yuraya

This is considered a good card?

Sure.

I can't think of anything better that they could have put together. Maybe replace Lana with someone but the idea of an her pulling off an upset is very intriguing so I think there is potential in it.

Battleground is the Smackdown PPV between GBOF and SS.
I swear they said they were going to cut down on PPVs at the start of the year, the hell happened to that?

I think you're mistaken, because at the start of the year they said they were going to increase PPVs from 12 to 16 I'm pretty sure

norm9

With the exception of the men's ladder match, looks like a real stinker. Guess I'll be watching in a few hours.

Heroman

Banned
Sure.

I can't think of anything better that they could have put together. Maybe replace Lana with someone but the idea of an her pulling off an upset is very intriguing so I think there is potential in it.
They could have and In a world where just Dominion happen this card sucks. Like if it was on ppv it die a deaf death.

Jamie OD

I stopped watching Raw and Smackdown altogether because the Network specials are so frequent. I can miss the weekly TV shows and not feel like I missed anything important.

The MITB matches will be fine. They're like pizza, even if it's not great it's still enjoyable.

meppi

Why the hell are Corbin an Ziggler in that match?
They have no right being in the same ring as the other four, let alone I a match with them.

And yeah,the rest of the card is pure garbage.
They aren't even trying to put together a good show anymore.

I will LOL and LOL hard if Lana wins.

And yes, another big WWE event, there's one like every two or three weeks now, the only reprieve being when one of the big four are coming.

shwimpy

I stopped watching Raw and Smackdown altogether because the Network specials are so frequent. I can miss the weekly TV shows and not feel like I missed anything important.
You can probably just watch the big 4 ppvs and not miss anything important. Although I must admit, Lesnar vs. Joe is probably the most interesting thing they've done in 2 years.

They have no right being in the same ring as the other four, let alone I a match with them.

Every year there's gotta be at least two "wtf they are doing in this match" wrestlers in it.

Sin Cara was in it. R Truth, Big Show

You're right, but Corbins probably winning the damn thing based on past winners

Ravager61

My girlfriend and I will be there tonight. I'm looking forward to the ladder matches but that's pretty much it. I haven't been paying much attention to WWE recently for obvious reasons. Hoping we get at least 25 bucks of entertainment out it, which is what I paid for the tickets.

My girlfriend and I will be there tonight. I'm looking forward to the ladder matches but that's pretty much it. I haven't been paying much attention to WWE recently for obvious reasons. Hoping we get at least 25 bucks of entertainment out it, which is what I paid for the tickets.

I am sure you will. The ME will be be great.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't been up to date with WWE heel/face politics, but aren't the USOs and New Day both face teams? If so, odd matchup, unless the promos have been really good.

Ovek

7Member7

Hay you will be able to watch one of the women (if not all, everyone of them have had their moments) bump really awkwardly coming of a ladder. Sooo you have that to look forward to at least.

Haven't been up to date with WWE heel/face politics, but aren't the USOs and New Day both face teams? If so, odd matchup, unless the promos have been really good.

USOs are heels now and much the better for it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Usos have been heel for awhile and they are fantastic at it.

Haven't been following for a couple months, but Lana getting a title shot already lol

The money in the bank match looks like the only promising thing on the card, Uso's and New Day could be good as well though.

Gurrry

I think Lana is going to surprise a lot of people tonight. Keeping her off TV last week was worrying, but it might've been for the best if she comes out and impresses everyone like I think she will.

The ladder and tag team title matches should be solid but man, I had no idea the rest of the card was so lacking.

Well I say the ladder matches should be solid, the women's one is an unproven testing ground which includes the rather green likes of Carmella, but hey just like Ric always had to blade whenever possible, Charlotte will do her equivalent of moonsaulting dangerously when any opportunity presents itself so get hype.

Heroman

Banned
I think Lana is going to surprise a lot of people tonight. Keeping her off TV last week was worrying, but it might've been for the best if she comes out and impresses everyone like I think she will.
She will, at how bad a pro wrestler one can be.

Top Bottom