• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Battleground '17 |OT| A Canadian, Bulgarian, and Maharajah walk into a bar...

I have no idea what that means

A lot of times, fans will be such a huge fan of someone that the fan thinks their fave can literally do no wrong just because they're really good in the ring. AJ Styles is a prime example of this. Dude is the best wrestler in the world, bar none, but he's also put his foot in his mouth several times over the years politically.

Shauni

A lot of times, fans will be such a huge fan of someone that the fan thinks their fave can literally do no wrong just because they're really good in the ring. AJ Styles is a prime example of this. Dude is the best wrestler in the world, bar none, but he's also put his foot in his mouth several times over the years politically.

Oh, okay, yeah. I see what you mean. It's a shame, but I guess it's the same for any celebrity at the end of the day.

tchocky

Whats nuts is I believe he wrestled a few matches after that. But yeah when talking about wrestlers staying healthy you probably don't want to point to that feud

Just the one, the casket match was the Rumble, he missed the Feb PPV and he then lost the title to Austin at WM 14. What made it worse is in the Austin match he screwed up the flip in the corner and banged his injured lower back on the turnbuckle.

Foggy

Can't even fake surprise at this

To be fair, it's just Muslin invaders

DDaA2P9XUAEm3iY.jpg

cordy

Banned
Didn't realize it until Xavier mentioned it but Kofi's really the most decorated 100% African-American in WWE history. Rock's only got him beaten and you know he's part Samoan.

Really puts things in perspective and he's only 35 as well. We need to pay homage to Kofi.

UberTag

I can't believe that they did not even pay off the the Breezango thing at least
Joke tag team angles seldom ever get paid off. Remember when Goldust and R-Truth teased being tag team partners for 6 months. And now they've been teasing a feud for like 3 months. They're just there to fill time with nonsense. Just like Mizdow waiting for an eternity to turn on Miz and then his career flaming out as soon as he did.

This is what mid-card angles are these days. Nonsense that never goes anywhere and 50/50 programs.

Majukun

wait a minute..so they gave aj the tile at an house show and then made owens "re-win" the title immediately after?
what was the point?

Podge293

I didn't actually manage to stay away to see the conclusion of any match. Read a recap this morning. Kinda glad my body opted for sleep

bigkrev

Was at the show live last night. Think I liked it more than most. At least in my section, there was crazy heat for the entire Cena-Rusev match, which ended up being my favorite match of the night.

It was impossible to see in the Punjabi Prison, and they didn't show it on the Tron. Instead, they were showing it on the scoreboard..... which was significantly higher up than usual because they needed space for the cage. It was impossible to be looking at the screen and the match at the same time, and the view was obscured by banners in the rafters due to the height it was at.

Chopper

Was at the show live last night. Think I liked it more than most. At least in my section, there was crazy heat for the entire Cena-Rusev match, which ended up being my favorite match of the night.

It was impossible to see in the Punjabi Prison, and they didn't show it on the Tron. Instead, they were showing it on the scoreboard..... which was significantly higher up than usual because they needed space for the cage. It was impossible to be looking at the screen and the match at the same time, and the view was obscured by banners in the rafters due to the height it was at.
Well, that sounds shit.

That's what I was thinking watching it last night, when they zoomed out I couldn't see shit and was wondering what the live audience was seeing

It wasn't any better for the original Punjabi Prison matches

Seriously, of all the match types to bring back, this was by far the most baffling. Any other one, and at least the fans would be able to see the trainwreck match.

Top Bottom