• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Battleground '17 |OT| A Canadian, Bulgarian, and Maharajah walk into a bar...

orioto

Good Art™
True but its the first match that went against the smart money. Aj was -4950 favorite.

I didn't see that, but i saw every podcast was predicting AJ winning. WHich i wasn't so sure to begin with for several reasons.

_The feud had only 2 ppv match. 3 would be more logical.
_House show wins are often reverted it seems to me
_AJ didn't win that big title on tv. So he can win it "for good" at summerslam
_Owens still has the face of murica titantron and all

I think that was the planned finish but it was poorly booked and a bad idea, that's all.
I mean there was no climax, no finisher, Owens didn't do any of its neck breaker things to AJ..

In that ppv there was Nakamura, Zayn, AJ Styles. The only "this is awesome" i heard was in the uso match. That's amazing
ly sad
when you think about it.

Maybe there is a secret plan from Vince to sabotage every indy darling so people realize true wrestling is WWE!

So what yall got for the Summerslam lineup?

- Reigns vs Strowman vs Joe vs Lesnar
- Ambrose and Rollins vs Miz and the Miztourage (or Ambrose vs Rollins vs Miz)
- Balor vs Wyatt
- Alexa vs Sasha vs Bayley
- Mahal vs Cena
- Corbin vs Orton
- Nakamura vs Rusev
- Owens vs Styles (gimmick match)
- Naomi vs Nattie
- New Day vs Usos vs Breezango vs 2 heavymetal dudes who didn't go to the concert
- Becky and Charlotte vs Tamina and Lana

That's all I got.

You are getting Orton vs Khali

Proc

Does the dude Zayne fought have any pedigree behind him? I didn't recognize him. Terrible gimmick.

I'd like to see Owens and Orton at some point.

Zayne and Styles could be good. Not sure how you'd build to it.

See the funny thing is that if you know watch the match then you would know it was 50 percent selling since Zach is a submission expert.

Also Ibushi uses his strength to overcome Sabre.

That spot only happens because Zach taunts, frustrates and humiliates Ibushi so that he goes into his pissed off sequence and is ready with a counter. You're clearly being disingenuous calling that carny shit when you're watching a main event where the only high spots are people falling off high things and there's no psychology.

Shauni

So I’m a troll because I don’t agree with your opinion on fake wrestling?

Wow

I’ve been very consistent with my views on wrestling on GAF

I was born saved in heaven
It was nothing like the promised land
Raised in a good christian house
Underneath a good christian hand
I was schooled down and dirty
Signed a note back to town
It was there that the workers slaved all week
Waiting for payday to come around

I'm telling y'all not to fall for it and you keep falling for it.

WxvAFXL.png

And you have a guy wearing a black leather jacket as your as avatar, what is your point?

My point is the type of wrestling you’re into I just have zero respect for, it’s a joke of a joke to me

Give me good ol fashion match like HBK/Taker over Japanese “strong style”, which is a joke. Legit hitting each in a work, lol. That’s why this new generation of wrasslers have had so many severe injuries so early in their careers, it’s a WORK

Shauni

My point is the type of wrestling you’re into I just have zero respect for, it’s a joke of a joke to me

Give me good ol fashion match like HBK/Taker over Japanese “strong style”, which is a joke. Legit hitting each in a work, lol. That’s why this new generation of wrasslers have had so many severe injuries so early in their careers, it’s a WORK

Break out, come on if you're coming
Cause baby i just can't stay
I want to take out the walls of this joint
I want to blow this town away

Heroman

Banned

6fbd2485c0e77c28649fe7098839f1508a335f1b_hq.gif

They do it 20 times a match? I must be on my phone to much.
And the undertaker is the walking imagine of health
9672714_orig.png

He's had a long career and he's a legit big man (more prone to injuries). But taker doesn't represent the majority of those from his era when it comes to injuries. Nice failed spin attempt

orioto

Good Art™
Csonka's review :

Nakamura match : **½
AJ/Owens: **½
Zayn: **¼

I mean to have those wrestlers being so tepid, all of them in a ppv, you need to do something terribly wrong backstage..

Heroman

Banned
He’s had a long career and he’s a legit big man (more prone to injuries). But taker doesn’t represent the majority of those from his era when it comes to injuries. Nice failed spin attempt
But so did nagata or Kojima or Suzuki or fujinami aka those crazy Japanese strong stlye dudes that will end your career. Also joking by your standards a big man should never do dives cause it to crazy or something.

Yeah that NJPW flippy crazy shit is lame at times. I've seen a lot of great NJPW matches but whenever that flip shit comes into play it takes me out of it. Like dude thought that would work, come on now. I prefer matches away from that shit.

There is very little actual flippy shit in NJPW

So I’m a troll because I don’t agree with your opinion on fake wrestling?

Wow

I’ve been very consistent with my views on wrestling on GAF

best to ignore alot of people that post in wrestlegaf learned that last year when i said i could give two shits about anything outside of WWE and was called a fake wrestling fan for it.

Ronin Ray

Wait didn't Shawn suffer a horrific back injury in one of those Undertaker matches and was out for like 6 or 7 years of his prime ?

Top Bottom