• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Money in the Bank '17 |OT| It's A New Day!(One) Yes It Is!(H)

Majukun

so the entire women wrestling division that has fought for months for the spotlight has to fight in a money in the bank match to get a shot for the belt

lana just came back and gets a title match?what?

the men MITB should be good,but i don't know if i'll be awake at that point..also are they really putting jinder and orton as main event? their "feud" had barely any buildup in the actual show.

fhqwhgads

In terms of a lacking card, it's still incredibly weird that for weeks now they've had the likes of American Alpha, Luke Harper and Tye Dillenger being completely MIA from TV. Surely they could've done something for them, but that's what happens when you blur the lines between the main event and the midcard.

TraBuch

Banned
I think Lana is going to surprise a lot of people tonight. Keeping her off TV last week was worrying, but it might've been for the best if she comes out and impresses everyone like I think she will.
She's been working house shows and is apparently extremely unimpressive.

Sillution

Haven't watched raw or smackdown in 3 weeks due to bordem. I'll leave this on as background noise while I do other things.

Corbin is definitely my pick to win the briefcase.

kunonabi

Nice to see Lana wrestling again but they really should have put her in with someone with more experience and talent to carry her.

My excitement for the Ladies' MitB is tempered by sticking Tamina and Carmella in there but hopefully Charlotte and Natalya can carry it.

Outside of the Gentlemen's MitB the rest of the card looks like a real bore.

qxJSwRh.gif

Tom Nook

Winners

Colons; Mojo turns heel

Naomi

Carmella wins the brief case with help of Ellsworth

Day One is H

Got a feeling it's Corbin.....

Jinder

Hype Bros - Ryder will betray him, not tonight but sometime soon
Lana - Shock value win
Usos - Strong heels
Carmella - Ellsworth holding the briefcase
Sami Zayn - Underdog cashes in later this year
Jinder - Don't Hinder Jinder

18-Volt

Hype Bros win (they'll probably next tag team to face The Usos and relieve the titles from them)
Naomi wins after Maria and Mike Bennett interfere (though I'd rather have Rusev and Usos to make an appearance instead)
Usos win
Carmella wins (hopefully Carmella vs Maria in the future)
Corbin wins
As long as Jinder's goons are there, Jinder will be the winner. Jinder vs Corbin for Summerslam, with either Harper and Rowan or Hype Bros backing Corbin. Yes, Corbin's new faction will be face.

mreddie

You would think they would build Mojo-Jinder but Summerslam I assume?

Lana ain't winning shit, would ruin Naomi

I think Becky or Charlotte win the case

And I think Baron gets the case.

Also NEWDAY over Usos but Summerslam...

Brinbe

There may be some decent surprises tonight. Otherwise, what the fuck are they doing? At this point, it's 100% the shit ass booking that is ruining these shows. They have the talent and the workers and this is the best card they could conjure up? Horrible.

It's clear that if you watch this shit for good wrasslin, you're following the wrong product. Lana and fucking Jinder wouldn't be their Champs otherwise.

mreddie

There may be some decent surprises tonight. Otherwise, what the fuck are they doing? At this point, it's 100% the shit ass booking that is ruining these shows. They have the talent and the workers and this is the best card they could conjure up? Horrible.

Blame Creative and India.

What's the best MITB PPV besides 2011?

Podge293

You would think they would build Mojo-Jinder but Summerslam I assume?

Lana ain't winning shit, would ruin Naomi

I think Becky or Charlotte win the case

And I think Baron gets the case.

Also NEWDAY over Usos but Summerslam...

Ha if lana hasn't got backstage heat (that seemingly went on forever), I can see Vince having Naomi drop it to her and the Mrs MITB cashing in straight away just for the laugh

Podge293

Battleground is the Smackdown PPV between GBOF and SS.
I swear they said they were going to cut down on PPVs at the start of the year, the hell happened to that?

Network numbers are not rising as rapidly as they thought. By having what seems like a shit load of PPVs makes the subscription worth it

Id personally prefer more of those 24 specials. They're usually pretty good

prediction time

Kickoff Match: The Hype Bros Vs. The Colons Someone in the back has a hard on for Mojo

Smackdown Women's Championship Match: Naomi Vs. Lana shenanigans

Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: The Usos Vs. The New Day via DQ. Either Breezango interferes or the Uso just cheat. Usos retain titles.

Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Tamina Vs. Natalya Vs. Charlotte Vs.
Carmella Vs. Becky Lynch - none of the above After losing the title Naomi joins the MITB match and wins the breifcase and somehow manages to cash in later in the night.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Dolph Ziggler Vs. Sami Zayn Vs. Kevin Owens Vs. AJ Styles Vs. Shinsuke Nakamura Vs. Baron Corbin

WWE Championship Match: Jinder Mahal Vs. Randy Orton

The last two matches play out exactly like you'd expect them to. The ladder match is decent with a great spot or two, until a shit finish falls flat. Title match is the same as the last one with a little less Orton tossing people on thier heads. No cash in.

I have a feeling that the only reason Lana is in the title match tonight is because the winner of the MITB ladder match is cashing in tonight.

meppi

Every year there's gotta be at least two "wtf they are doing in this match" wrestlers in it.

Sin Cara was in it. R Truth, Big Show

Heh, didn't know this was tradition. ;)
Haven't been able to keep up with the WWE since it's so hard to keep watching this stuff.
Every once in a while I try with a PPV or so but I quickly back off again after getting angry about some BS that goes on nowadays in the company.

You're right, but Corbins probably winning the damn thing based on past winners

That's what I'm fearing.
Vince loves shitting on people with actual talent for their craft.

cucuchu

Really digging heel usos. Nothing about their promos feels forced...its a breath of fresh air this day this day in age of WWE with all the overproduction.

Top Bottom