• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Battleground '17 |OT| A Canadian, Bulgarian, and Maharajah walk into a bar...

Meanwhile in the East.
tumblr_otgmf3lPul1s05wxzo1_400.gif

Hahahaha

What is that circus?

is this gonna be like every jinder appearance where renee goes on about how he's amazing and he's worked so hard for the belt and he's the greatest wrestler to ever walk the earth

orioto

Good Art™
It was funny how Lawler told Owens he was thinking he would tap out when the ref was ko, cause that was the logical thing to do here. It sounded like that was the plan and KO forgot to do it or something lol.

Maybe the idea was that the ref bumb was just there to justify the mistake in the end but nobody got that.

But the finish doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that in this kind of slow match you need a crescendo and a climax in the end, or it's just a slow and boring match.. It only works if it's building a great ending..

After styles vs Owens I just put the ppv on in the background. Sounds like I made the right choice by playing Yakuza 0 rather than pay attention to the ppv.

cordy

Banned
Jinder's playing up his intelligence and honestly it makes sense. I'm glad they're acknowledging a heel being smart. Faces are too stupid these damn days.

It was funny how Lawler told Owens he was thinking he would tap out when the ref was ko, cause that was the logical thing to do here. It sounded like that was the plan and KO forgot to do it or something lol.

Maybe the idea was that the ref bumb was just there to justify the mistake in the end but nobody got that.

But the finish doesn't bother me. What bother me is that in this kind of slow match you need a crescendo and a climax in the end, or it's just a slow and boring match.. It only works if it's building a great ending..
i have no clue about the finish and if it was a botch or not

I was speaking of Bret and his cat Smokey

But add that to the list too XD

I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgot about Teddy.

Looks like an overly choreographed circus act

You're right, that main event seemed like a legitimate sporting event and not at all like a circus act where the only interesting points were people pulling of death defying leaps.

Your face is an overly choreograped circus act

Hey, all of Bruce's posts might be highly choreographed and predictable but to suggest they might be as entertaining as a circus act is giving them far too much credit.

cordy

Banned
Yeah that NJPW flippy crazy shit is lame at times. I've seen a lot of great NJPW matches but whenever that flip shit comes into play it takes me out of it. Like dude thought that would work, come on now. I prefer matches away from that shit.

cordy

Banned
So what yall got for the Summerslam lineup?

- Reigns vs Strowman vs Joe vs Lesnar
- Ambrose and Rollins vs Miz and the Miztourage (or Ambrose vs Rollins vs Miz)
- Balor vs Wyatt
- Alexa vs Sasha vs Bayley
- Mahal vs Cena
- Corbin vs Orton
- Nakamura vs Rusev
- Owens vs Styles (gimmick match)
- Naomi vs Nattie
- New Day vs Usos vs Breezango vs 2 heavymetal dudes who didn't go to the concert
- Becky and Charlotte vs Tamina and Lana

That's all I got.

High spot fest no selling indie matches have no appeal to me, there is a reason the casual audience left many years ago and all that's left are the hardcore audience that won't stop watching regardless of the quality. That's why the day the WWE started catering to the marks was their ratings and relevance downfall. Bring back Russo to save the business.

You literally watch a Punjabi Prison Match with a fake Indian man and Randy Orton.

Jinder is fake Indian? I hope you're kidding

Shauni

High spot fest no selling indie matches have no appeal to me, there is a reason the casual audience left many years ago and all that’s left are the hardcore audience that won’t stop watching regardless of the quality. That’s why the day the WWE started catering to the marks was their ratings and relevance downfall. Bring back Russo to save the business.

Oh, you're one of those. Carry on

Heroman

Banned
High spot fest no selling indie matches have no appeal to me, there is a reason the casual audience left many years ago and all that’s left are the hardcore audience that won’t stop watching regardless of the quality. That’s why the day the WWE started catering to the marks was their ratings and relevance downfall. Bring back Russo to save the business.
See the funny thing is that if you know watch the match then you would know it was 50 percent selling since Zach is a submission expert.

Top Bottom