• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE SummerSlam 2013 |OT| The Spontaneous Combustion of Bryan Danielson & Cena Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

TL21xx

Banned
If this is indeed the start of Evolution 2.0, then I want Evolution vs. Revolution! Make D-bry, Punk and Ziggler a stable.

Not sure how practical it is though... Oh well.

Great PPV, two excellent MOTY contenders, and a decent cliffhanger swerve (only decent because they let it leak months ago and telegraphed it by having the HHH come out to King of Kings) to lead into RAW. Summer 2013 was great for Wrestling indeed. Here's hoping they take this momentum forward into the fall.

If this is indeed the start of Evolution 2.0, then I want Evolution vs. Revolution! Make D-bry, Punk and Ziggler a stable.

Great PPV, two excellent MOTY contenders, and a decent cliffhanger swerve (only decent because they let it leak months ago and telegraphed it by having the HHH come out to King of Kings) to lead into RAW. Summer 2013 was great for Wrestling indeed. Here's hoping they take this momentum forward into the fall.

Punk is already over and doesn't fit anymore. Ziggler is a WWE thorough-bred, no?

I want Cesaro and say... Kassius Ohno?

XenoRaven

Loved the match, loved the swerve, and I'm loving the response. All is as it should be.

I'd also like to say that I think HHH is playing the smarks like a fiddle right now. It's great.

Penguin

I wonder if they'll call up anyone from NXT to fill the Orton role... perhaps everyone's favorite Bo Dallas.

strobogo

Banned
He really is. Smarks want to like him so badly for all the good things he's doing right now (refocus on long term booking, NXT, D-Bryne push, having characters debut with storylines (except for Fandango and Shield), getting the best indie talent, and generally trying to build a better future for WWE), but then he does things like the Bork feud and SWERVING Daniel. I bet he and Vince are still cackling over it.

Smarks don't know whether to shit or wind their watches. IF THERE'S ONE THING I CAINT STAND....

TL21xx

Banned
Punk is already over and doesn't fit anymore. Ziggler is a WWE thorough-bred, no?

Although Ziggler is indeed a WWE system guy, he has been known to be highly critical of it. It would also give Punk something to do whenever he's done with Heyman and Brock (I don't see that one going too much longer, unless they're going to push it all the way out to Mania... Doubt that highly).

I'll admit though, it's just fantasy booking, and not something I expect them to do at all.

I wonder if they'll call up anyone from NXT to fill the Orton role... perhaps everyone's favorite Bo Dallas.

*vomits*

Edgeward

4XDrlc3.gif

people going lol knee. look at that

It should be a permaban to even mention his name.

He's truly terrible in the ring. NXT has some talent, and he is not amongst that talent. His title match with Big E was just ridiculous. So bad. Damn.

How long before he does actually make it onto the main roster? In all seriousness?

Gotta love the little things though. When Bryan slapped Cena back then it zooms in Cena's face like "shit just got real". I thought that called back at the go home Raw when Bryan said Cena didn't deserved the slap.

KissVibes

Banned
I think Ziggler somehow gets involved with the Triple H angle going off the wwe.com interview.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Daniel, Barrett, and Ziggler as three of Vince's "guys" at Survivor Series if they do Vince versus Hotel.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What if this leads to WWE vs. NJPW?

i'd write dream matches all day, but as big as NJPW is, it's still nowhere near the beast that WWE is. I guess they could do like when ECW was on WWF way back in the day, but I doubt it. WWE values storylines and promos, and you can't really do that with a bunch of those guys.

Except Shinsuke. Who is bilingual. Because he's amazing.

Jitters

Loved the match, loved the swerve, and I'm loving the response. All is as it should be.

I'd also like to say that I think HHH is playing the smarks like a fiddle right now. It's great.

I'm with you, man.

Great PPV. Punk and Brock put on an incredible match.

KissVibes

Banned
Christian is damn good in his WWE.com interview.

YES PLEASE

He complained heavily about the "system" and said he never trusted Triple H. Seems like they could be putting him in there. The show off may want to prove that he can play the game and win.

They're clearly high on Ziggler but seem aimless with him since his injury cost him his WHC run.

MG310

H should just have The Shield - they're directionless right now and it automatically gives his side most of the belts.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Count me as someone who doesn't think Bryan could carry that type of angle. But times are different, so I'd be pleasantly surprised if he could make it work.

I think it could work, but where Austin got under the skin of the boss and weaseled his way to wins in spectacular fashion (Like, getting thrown through the steel cage by Big Show and then dropping lifelessly to the ground, winning it in a fluke, or stunning McMahon who was the special ref and counting the 3 with his hand himself.), Bryan can just be the good employee that, for whatever reason, management holds a grudge against, yet, whatever kind of match they throw him into, he's too good for them to beat.

Play up his wrestling skills and his status as the adorkable layman. Which is, well, what they're doing now.

GaimeGuy

He really is. Smarks want to like him so badly for all the good things he's doing right now (refocus on long term booking, NXT, D-Bryne push, having characters debut with storylines (except for Fandango and Shield), getting the best indie talent, and generally trying to build a better future for WWE), but then he does things like the Bork feud and SWERVING Daniel. I bet he and Vince are still cackling over it.

Smarks don't know whether to shit or wind their watches. IF THERE'S ONE THING I CAINT STAND....

You know, honestly, I blame Vince and Steph more than HHH for all the stuff where he gets put into feuds.

I don't hear much about HHH flipping the script on wrestlers and holding grudges from the dirtsheets anymore. Vince, Steph, Hayes, and Laurenitis yes, but I usually hear HHH shooting down the ego-stroking stuff that Vince and his goons push for, and I recall hearing that Hayes and Vince pushed for the Nash and Punk stuff, not HHH.

Now HHH certainly has his issues and blemishes from the past (I mean this is the guy who came up with the montreal screwjob in the first place) but all his involvement in stuff as of late strike me more as the mcmahons ego stroking their family than HHH ego stroking himself. And though HHH has a lot of sway, he still has less control Vince and Steph

Aiii

So not worth it
You know, honestly, I blame Vince and Steph more than HHH for all the stuff where he gets put into feuds.

I don't hear much about HHH flipping the script on wrestlers and holding grudges from the dirtsheets anymore. Vince, Steph, Hayes, and Laurenitis yes, but I usually hear HHH shooting down the ego-stroking stuff that Vince and his goons push for, and I recall hearing that Hayes and Vince pushed for the Nash and Punk stuff, not HHH.

Now HHH certainly has his issues and blemishes from the past (I mean this is the guy who came up with the montreal screwjob in the first place) but all his involvement in stuff as of late strike me more as the mcmahons ego stroking their family than HHH ego stroking himself. And though HHH has a lot of sway, he still has less control Vince and Steph

Nicely put.

Honestly, Triple H did a great job in this match. He stayed in the background, he wasn't involved in the match and called it straight down the middle. He wasn't very involved in the celebration stuff either. Really, all he did was declare Bryan the victor and the pedigree spot and that's it.

It was fine, the match between Cena and Bryan didn't suffer and it evolved some storylines. What's the problem, really?

Nicely put.

Honestly, Triple H did a great job in this match. He stayed in the background, he wasn't involved in the match and called it straight down the middle. He wasn't very involved in the celebration stuff either. Really, all he did was declare Bryan the victor and the pedigree spot and that's it.

It was fine, the match between Cena and Bryan didn't suffer and it evolved some storylines. What's the problem, really?

But I want Bryan and Cesaro to have 5 Star Iron Man matches every week while Paige sits on my lap. Anything less and it's obvious that Vince knows nothing about wrestling by not catering immediately to my demands!

deli2000

Wow.

Bork vs Punk and Cena vs Bryan. Just wow.

Even though I saw the twist coming. The fact that they actually went through with it was just... damn.

GaimeGuy

What part in the match did this happen? When he hit the announce table near the start?

When he tries the top rope hurricanrana and cena "blocks" it by holding onto his legs, then jumps down and nearly destroys bryan's neck/spine in the process by dropping him on his head.. Then cena drags him to the center of the ring and applies his shitty submission

NoTacos

When he tries the top rope hurricanrana and cena "blocks" it by holding onto his legs, then jumps down and nearly destroys bryan's neck/spine in the process by dropping him on his head.. Then cena drags him to the center of the ring and applies his shitty submission
Holy fuck. I'm watching the replay and just saw it. Thank god Cena held on. Also looked like Cena stepped on Bryan's hand when he jumped down and almost lost his footing/hold. Brilliant new finisher by Bryan, fits his skill set well.

was the Lesnar vs Punk match good? i don't care who won, or any other match, just that one.

edit: ok, Bryan won and then got swerved, that's pretty damn funny. good on you, HHH, fuck the marks.

Thoughts on the Sandow/Rhodes match??

My only quibble: Should have been longer. By at least a few minutes. I almost never think that. Matches usually go on too long for my liking.

But it was pretty good. Both are entertaining in the ring, and Sandow has a great character and presence.

My only gripes with most of the matches were that they felt short, but they were still at least pretty good. Sandow/Rhodes especially, it was pretty good. Probably the best Cody match i've seen.

It should be a permaban to even mention his name.

He's truly terrible in the ring. NXT has some talent, and he is not amongst that talent. His title match with Big E was just ridiculous. So bad. Damn.

How long before he does actually make it onto the main roster? In all seriousness?

His oblivious self-absorbed heel thing he's doing right now is actually pretty funny tbh, but it only really shows in backstage interviews and promos because in the ring he's still a babyface overcoming odds against monster heels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom