• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Money in the Bank '17 |OT| It's A New Day!(One) Yes It Is!(H)

Trojan X

Banned
My fiancée was actually angry at how that ended. A man had to decide the result of the MITB Women's ladder match and she's a casual fan.

She is legit angry.

I'm with her. They started something historic and just shat all over it all within the same night. Disrespecting all the ladies that took part in that event is an understatement.

Rimfya

Banned
SD stays winning.

Main event was great.
Meh-a-raja was serviceable
Glad Breezango still got minutes
Women's title match was a disaster
Tag match was good
Women's MITB worked 99% of this thread, so it was worth it

Cancel Raw. It's over.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
To be fair, Jesse, wrestling is not going to make a shit-ton of money from casuals anymore because most casuals realized wrestling is at least kind of stupid. WWE has built up Roman for years, now, and is not making anything remotely near peak-Cena money from him (even Dean was drawing better than him at some points, iirc, for whatever reason) despite him pretty consistently delivering in-ring in a way Cena never did this early in his career. They might as well embrace being a company that caters mostly to smarks sooner, rather than later, because they're not going to make big bucks off of their next TV deal with how shitty their ratings are lately.

Drawing a 1.8 in the ratings is worth way more than WWE currently makes. They're going to get an increase when the TV deal is up.

fhqwhgads

People are seriously trying to defend the Women's MITB match
There's a difference between "Wow what a dastardly heel" and "Wow that was a shit ending"

Majukun

People are seriously trying to defend the Women's MITB match
There's a difference between "Wow what a dastardly heel" and "Wow that was a shit ending"

it wasn't really that different from any kind of "manager interference" in the past..people just tok offence because this was supposed to be a match where the women got to shine and the manager that decided it all was a male

And as I pointed out before, it's not gonna get me to tune in to see what happens, because there's no man vs woman matches in WWE. There will never be a conclusion to any male vs female fueds, see also: Steph vs any male wrestlers. I already fucking know there's going to be zero fuck all payoff, Ellsworth's heel character won't get his comeuppance because the female characters can never have a match against him.
tbf you don't need to have a match to beat the shit out of someone

You could have Mella and Big Poppa Ellsworth cut a promo in the ring, and have Becky rush down and beat the soul out of him while Mella books it.

gun_haver

the thing about the women's match ending is WWE just finds it very hard to refrain from taking a shit on the women's divisions. they kind of set things up to look right, and look good, then when it comes to the PPV or some important promo segments, they make sure to just kind of take a bit of a shit on it and make sure it isn't good. it's like they think 'we can't go from absolute filth to good in one movement, this is a transition that will take years, so let's shit up the division a bit with thing like james ellsworth winning the first women's money in the bank'.

anyway i only watched 5 mins of the women's match and nothing else. been sick this week and just taking any distraction i can get, but i will resume not watching again. fuck the trump-supporting wwe and fuck wrestling in general!

Trojan X

Banned
SD stays winning.

Main event was great.
Tag match was good

Cancel Raw. It's over.

Naw. It winds up for all the wrong reasons. Booking reasons. A great match spoiled in such a stupid way. It doo-doo'd all over the entire women's division and completely shafted the importance of the match overall (the first women's MITB). That's heat for all the WRONG reasons. It's bad. Really bad.

Rimfya

Banned
I enjoy wrasslegaf but have come to conclusion I enjoy he PPVs more by not following along with the thread but watching it and reading reactions later.

I enjoy wrasslegaf but have come to conclusion I enjoy he PPVs more by not following along with the thread but watching it and reading reactions later.

Yup. I follow along with Wrasslegaf less and enjoy the PPVs more. I just come back for impressions now.

I just watch the royal rumble , summer slam, money in the bank and wrestlemania

Everything else I watch clips on youtube or lurk in wrassle gaf threads

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know how anyone didn't see Corbin winning from a mile away.

He's the tallest guy in the match of course he's winning

Heroman

Banned
SD stays winning.

Main event was great.
Tag match was good

Cancel Raw. It's over.
This is considered winning? Now a days?

Also like I feel you can swap raw ppv for this one and it would be the same.

Even Daniel Bryan, in storyline, is commenting on the terrible quality of MitB, so no one should be sticking to their gimmick of defending the show, as WWE apparently did not want you to enjoy yourself - even if you could.

SD stays winning.

Main event was great.
Tag match was good

Cancel Raw. It's over.

Good lord when the heat is on the company in real life and not the heel wrestler in the story no one is getting worked.

Babyshams

Good lord when the heat is on the company in real life and not the heel wrestler in the story no one is getting worked.

exactly, I don't hate Carmella or Ellsworth for it I hate WWE for it.

I don't dislike Jinder for giving me the exact same ending sequence as Backlash, I hate WWE for it.

So the collective is that if Ellsworth just either pushed one of Carmella's opponents off the ladder or dragged Carmella from outside the ring, into it and onto the ladder and shoved her up it, then 99% of everyone would be okay with it because even though a man helped her, the woman in the end grabbed the case?

fhqwhgads

So the collective is that if Ellsworth just either pushed one of Carmella's opponents off the ladder or dragged Carmella from outside the ring, into it and onto the ladder and shoved her up it, then 99% of everyone would be okay with it because even though a man helped her, the woman in the end grabbed the case?
Still would've meant a woman needing a man's help to win so no. I think everyone would've preferred an attempted interference, only to have Becky murder him in some huge spot.

Carmella getting tossed the briefcase and sitting on the mat crying was the worst part. I get being emotional but that's more of a baby-face move than a heel move (basing it off Bayley and Sasha).

I have no real problem with her winning. I think she should have just won clean, however. She worked a decent match, took some solid bumps. Ellsworth could have interfered, sure, but the finish was just not a good look for WWE.

People were already sick of Ric helping Charlotte win every single match because at a certain point it just makes her look like she can't win on her own. Obviously that's a heel move, standard heel manager stuff, but it really goes against their whole "give us a pat on the back for giving women a chance" initiative

Imagine if he just starting pinning women for her

Slizz

Carmella getting tossed the briefcase and sitting on the mat crying was the worst part. I get being emotional but that's more of a baby-face move than a heel move (basing it off Bayley and Sasha).

I have no real problem with her winning. I think she should have just won clean, however. She worked a decent match, took some solid bumps. Ellsworth could have interfered, sure, but the finish was just not a good look for WWE.

EQLZ7cj.jpg

cucuchu

Main event was easily best part of the night and awesome but Sammy Zayn looked ridiculous trying to climb the ladder. It was almost comedic how he was fighting every rung of the ladder trying to climb it. I know what he was going for but I was it was a bit much, his overselling the ascent of the ladder.

MC Safety

So much for the women's revolution.

Even Tamina, who is wrestling poison, tried her best. And then James Ellsworth wins the women's money in the bank match.

Ravager61

The end of the women's MITB match is some straight bullshit. Not only is it insulting to the women and female fans, it doesn't even make sense from a rules standpoint. WWE logic is so fucking awful. I was there last night too and my girlfriend was more pissed at then ending than I was and she is a very casual wrestling fan.

Angry Grimace

Main event was easily best part of the night and awesome but Sammy Zayn looked ridiculous trying to climb the ladder. It was almost comedic how he was fighting every rung of the ladder trying to climb it. I know what he was going for but I was it was a bit much, his overselling the ascent of the ladder.
That is every ladder match

Tom Nook

The Women's Ladder match is awesome and the women took bumps they have never done before. The ending though..... of course, Ellsworth would be involved.

On the men's side, another good match. At first, I was pissed if Naka is out the match completely, but having the face-off between Naka and AJ was awesome. Confirmation for WM 34? LOL, at "Borin Corbin" sign. I got a feeling Corbin is going to win, another unexpected winner, like Jinder and Carmella.

Pizoxuat

I had picked Carmella for the win because she's just the kind of opportunistic heel that MITB works really well for. I had figured there would be Ellsworth interference, I had guessed that he'd be a distraction while Carmella climbed, or hold on to someone's foot as they tried to get to the ladder.

As long a Carmella climbed the ladder I would have been satisfied with the match.

She didn't, and so I am pissed at the company. I don't care about her and Ellsworth, I have no desire to see their comeuppance, I just won't buy any more merch or tickets. Fuck this company.

cr0w

Old Member
I had picked Carmella for the win because she's just the kind of opportunistic heel that MITB works really well for. I had figured there would be Ellsworth interference, I had guessed that he'd be a distraction while Carmella climbed, or hold on to someone's foot as they tried to get to the ladder.

As long a Carmella climbed the ladder I would have been satisfied with the match.

She didn't, and so I am pissed at the company. I don't care about her and Ellsworth, I have no desire to see their comeuppance, I just won't buy any more merch or tickets. Fuck this company.

image.php

I'm sure most of those watching expected some kind of Ellsworth interference. I would've been fine if he had knocked Becky off the ladder then went outside to let Carmella climb the ladder and get the briefcase herself. I would've been more than fine if Becky beat his ass for trying to interfere, only to distract her long enough to let Carmella get the case. Those are heel tactics that could've been used instead of letting a man win the match for her in a supposed "historic women's match".

ElRenoRaven

You know Still thinking about that stupid assed match. Was playing some F13th last night with friends and one had this great idea for how they would have ended it.

You have Eilsworth start to climb the ladder and have all the ladies like lose their crap and drag him down and start just beating the crap out of him. As they are Carmella climbs the ladder and grabs the case. You get the same person winning, the rest of the ladies get to look strong by beating the crap out of Eilsworth, and it's done without making every single woman in that match look weak and without crapping all over the women's division.

Top Bottom