• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X 1/48 Skell/Doll transformable figure available for preorder

casiopao

You don't have to but painting these kits will really make them shine.

Just applying a matte or gloss coat finish also really adds to the figure.

Ohh that i know. But, i am just too lazy too do that lol. Anyway, only one figure here? No other Skell?

mikeyvids

Neo Member
I ordered two model kits to have both forms side by side.

I love the box art
File_004.jpg

side of box
File_005.jpg

one kit contents
File_006.jpg

laid out with instructions
File_001.jpg

nice artwork with instructions
File_002.jpg

oh no I can't read Japanese! welp it just makes it more challenging and instructions seem straight forward with lettering and numbering.
File_003.jpg

Adult collectible; not a toy. Box says it so I can feel validated purchasing this as a middle aged man.
File_007.jpg

Kookos

Does anyone know if there are any painting guides for this thing, or where I might go to find one?
I'm also very interested in painting my model. There is this Color Guide page from the assembling instructions, but it doesn't help much since I can't read Japanese.

But yeah, I got my model kit yesterday. I'm probably going to start assembling it next week. :)

EDIT: Since I am painting this model, should I paint the parts before or after assembling? Probably before but, you know, just making sure.

I'm also very interested in painting my model. There is this Color Guide page from the assembling instructions, but it doesn't help much since I can't read Japanese.

But yeah, I got my model kit yesterday. I'm probably going to start assembling it next week. :)

EDIT: Since I am painting this model, should I paint the parts before or after assembling? Probably before but, you know, just making sure.

http://ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/stuff_eng_colorcharts_gunze.htm
it missing the gx number line, but the colour label in the instruction is based on mr hobby line, so just google the rest

BTA

I wish they'd sell a Verus; I'd be all over it. The "default" colors are even good enough that I wouldn't feel the need to attempt to paint it to one of the colors my team used, since that way lies me botching things terribly.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got mine yesterday, it spent 2 weeks in the customs office -_-

Kookos

jA7oJMO.png

This was a really nice project for the last three days, and very noob friendly too. As you can see, I ended up NOT painting the skell (lol) but I might return to it someday. I documented most of the assembling process for my friends and I uploaded the pictures to Imgur with brief descriptions, so feel free to check them out. :)

Fandangox

Man it looks so nice, but I don't have the money for it now rip.

Don't really collect figures, do they become rare/hard to find or their prices raises a lot?

Reki

So looking at the pictures I decided to order the figure. Being basically a rookie (with my only "experience" being some Zoids figures years ago) is there something I need to know? Apparently instructions are easy to follow?

Kookos

So looking at the pictures I decided to order the figure. Being basically a rookie (with my only "experience" being some Zoids figures years ago) is there something I need to know? Apparently instructions are easy to follow?
Just take your time and follow the instructions unquestionably. :)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
jA7oJMO.png

This was a really nice project for the last three days, and very noob friendly too. As you can see, I ended up NOT painting the skell (lol) but I might return to it someday. I documented most of the assembling process for my friends and I uploaded the pictures to Imgur with brief descriptions, so feel free to check them out. :)

So this is how it looks simply assembling it out of the box? With no point whatsoever?

Yarbskoo

So this is how it looks simply assembling it out of the box? With no point whatsoever?

Looks like it. They also didn't apply the included decals.
It also appears they put on some of the backpack parts backwards.

I also built mine with no paint or decals, you can see it in the OP.

Nice to see some painted kits showing up. I'm wondering what the full potential of this kit is.

renzollo

Banned
It took me about 20 seconds of looking at thread subject to figure out that it was not the title for the next xenoblade game.

Mbrill82

Wow I'm gonna have to get this! I already collect Japanese action figures so I'm familiar w/ the market but I've never bought a model kit. Thanks to you guys posting in this thread I have the confidence to try building one. I also want to paint it so I guess I have some research regarding that to do. I like the suggestion of a matte or gloss clear coat, that and a black-wash might be a really cool look.

Top Bottom