• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In new Captain America #1, what Steve Rogers says will change everything (SPOILERS).

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingV

The current run of Capitain America Steve Rogers drip feeds all of this over 16 issues.

It's really slow and the cosmic horror stuff is barely hinted at, so it's hard to say how much a role it will play in the coming event.

But Captain Americas handler goes into
a eldritch fit with flying energy tentacles choking Steve Rogers when he questions her. She also has this demon face for a panel, it was pretty cool but criminally underutilized sp far

I've been reading comics for a few years now, I hate this feeling of "will it be the journey or the destination that was worth it?".

I'm an unlimited Reader, so I'm pretty much always living in 61-6-months-ago Marvel. Thanks.

NandoGip

Have you read every comic book in publication the last few years?

Comics quality vary wildly depending on the author and artists involved.

Be a little more specific. When you say you "grew out of comics" explain what type of comics. Cuz if you read manga, your also reading comics.

Not all of them. I've enjoyed DC since rebirth and Image has some great stuff.

Read everything Jeff Lemire does. Everything.

I read strictly Marvel.

Sorry if my comment came across dick-ish. But I tried to pick back on that storyline where the Beyonders I think were going to end existence and then Dr. Doom recreated the Marvel world. That event was sweet but everything that came after it was reversed didn't really keep my interest. I tried maybe... 15+ different series.

Some were good, most were eh. Couple of the iron man series, captain marvel, dr strange, some of the avengers books, black panther, female wolverine, thor, and I forget what else.

It was my big jump back into comics so I literally got my hands on a shit load of comics. I got a few issues of almost EVERYTHING that came out after that event, but didn't read all of them. It didn't help me that I wasn't caught up with everything that happened prior to the event.

I'm still planning on jumping back in, but after the reviews I've seen on Civil War 2, I think I'm going to wait until this next event is over. I prefer to binge read rather than wait for the weekly releases.

Would love to hear some recommendations.

It even contradicts it own history

We should probably just go back to the intent of the creator of HYDRA

tumblr_omggfuU7DI1r4pq4io3_1280.jpg

ultron87

Is there anything that suggests that this "allies using the cosmic cube" thing isn't just another false memory in Steve's head that was planted there to make what he remembers as his history make sense?

LMAO they're doubling down on this narrative? This is some Superior Spider-Man tier absurdity. But if it nets them sales, I guess they'll pull whatever ratings stunt they can think of, I guess.

Could you imagine if they did this twist in the MCU? My goodness...

Honestly if the Marvel Creative Committee was still around I bet they would had tried pressuring Feige to incorporate this twist into one of the upcoming films.

Sblargh

Banned
Red Skull also betray the Nazis on Captain America: The First Avenger: The Dark World

Hydra was clearly created to be Nazis, but it is also clear that Marvel is trying to separate the two entities for some time, now.
The question is how much they have succeeded.

JC Lately

This line is hilarious coming from the woman who actually met, and was forced spend several months with, the alien overlord that AoS Hydra was canonically created to bring back to Earth. Red Skull Hydra was an embarrassing off shoot for them.

Simmons should have sat down on the curb with that computer generated character right then and there and given him the whole accurate rundown on Hydra's history.

This line is hilarious coming from the woman who actually met, and was forced spend several months with, the alien overlord that AoS Hydra was canonically created to bring back to Earth. Red Skull Hydra was an embarrassing off shoot for them.

She didn't spend months with it. The thing took over that guy's body when she was escaping.

Adding spoiler tags just 'cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom