• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 getting Necromancer (paid), remaking Diablo 1 in D3, new zones (free)

WarMacheen

I was hoping for diablo 4....or a remake of 2.

So DIablo 1 in the horrible art style of 3, as well as none of the gameplay mechanics as they were in 1.

based on the limited information, it sounds more like a mod than a remake.

Also was anyone asking for a remake of 1....pretty sure a vast majority of diablo fans wanted 2 if there was to be a remake.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Probably try the Diablo 1 stuff then reinstall Diablo 2. Not paying to play the Necro in Diablo 3.

Vic_Viper

Is the Diablo remake a separate game or is it playable in 3 with your character? As in are they new maps to play in or its own separate thing? Either way this is great news and I'll be reinstalling!

Welp, a bit underwhelming considering how psyched I was getting for potential Diablo IV or Diablo III full expansion pack, but not outright disappointed with what's coming, either.

I'll wait and see a bit on the Necromancer, especially waiting for pricing, but I'll gladly play thru the free content that's being thrown in.

Blugrass

man, bummed about the d1 "remake" news. D1 has such a heavy, intense, creepy atmosphere that i feel will be lost in this simple update...

Serrato

The Necromancer ? Nice.

No new Act ? Eh...

Two New Free zones ? Cool.

Necromancer is not free. Boooo!

Diablo 1 in the Diablo 3 Engine and it's only a 16 level Rift.

matrix-reaction-not-like-this-switch-unplugged-1385293342s.gif

Overall this is not really good for Diablo :/

Calcium

Banned
Is the Diablo remake a separate game or is it playable in 3 with your character? As in are they new maps to play in or its own separate thing? Either way this is great news and I'll be reinstalling!

It's a rift themed like the original game. In Diablo 3, not a separate thing.

Arttemis

There's so much wrong with the itemization and stat design within D3, but it definitely gives a Gauntlet Legends kind of gameplay that I can enjoy.

I'll 100% be getting this!

Kinyou

Releasing a single character as dlc feels weird from Blizzard. Would prefer a whole new addon to go with it.

duckroll

I love how the expectations a mix of the following:
- Diablo 2 Remaster
- Diablo 3 Expansion 2
- Diablo 4

And what we got instead was:
- Diablo 1 Remake in Diablo 3
- Diablo 3 Paid DLC Character Pack

- Diablo 2 Remaster
- Diablo 3 Expansion 2
- Diablo 4

we aren't even getting a true D1 remake

this is seriously underwhelming

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Two free zones sounds cool on paper but if it's anything like the last time they added zones then they were just a new place for bounties and event quests to spawn.

They aren't significantly game changing in any way.

Awsome, this is my most played PS4 game. Cant wait to try the necromancer after all Blizzard have been giving us im fine with some paid DLC.

A playable Necromancer would be nice. I want to know his story and how the character will play out, but I was hoping for more story, and I've found myself skipping conversations anyway since they all lead to the same end. D1 remake will be nice though.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Anything over 10 dollars for the Necro is gonna be bonkers, especially considering RoS going on sale frequently.

But hey, at least it includes two stash tabs!

/s

D1 'rift' is kind of cool, to be fair, but it's not a full-on remake, lol.

But I rather doubt the new zones will be anything significant, going off of precedent.

- Diablo 2 Remaster
- Diablo 3 Expansion 2
- Diablo 4

I never expected Diablo 4 but a Diablo 3 expansion at the very least. A new, paid character, in a game with no new substantial content is pointless.

Rather surprisingly lackluster assortment---I'd really have hoped they'd pull out all the stops for one of the biggest anniversaries they could celebrate all things considered.

Anno

Why were people expecting Diablo 4? Or even a full expansion pack? Were there rumours?

It all sounds good to me. More maps are fun and a D1-themed rift sounds coil. Will likely throw in for some necro action as well if it's not too insanely expensive.

Top Bottom