• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth announced for NA - PS4 Retail / PSVita Digital

Surprised this isn't getting a physical release here in Europe, but if enough noise is made I'm sure it will happen. Will buy it day one on PS4 regardless since I never finished my import copy on Vita.

Everyone should be this, seriously. It suffers the same boring/repetitive dungeon syndrome as Persona has so far but the story and Digimon raising mechanics more than make up for it. Really addictive stuff, and the game being an absolute stunner visually is icing on the cake.

I just realized they didn't use the "Digimon font" in the title and they stuck with Digimon Story instead of changing it to Digimon World like they usually do.

Cool beans.

QOaGE8f.jpg

alexein

i really want a physical copy so i hope they change their at least for ps4.
but no biggie i guess, i'll just import if not.

Nothing in the article you linked says the game won't have an english dub. Neither the trailer or the article.

Here you go

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/4416-di...ng-to-north-america-in-2016-on-ps4-and-psvita

At Bandai Namco's RPG Panel at Anime Expo, the publisher has announced that Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth will release in 2016 on PlayStation 4 and digitally only on PlayStation Vita. It will also make its way to Latin America and Brazil. The localization will feature Japanese voices with English subtitles.

Stuart444

Question, is this game easily accessible to newcomers? I never gave a crap about digimon when i was younger and never watched the show or anything, but this game seems interesting

Yes, you can play this even if you've never played or watched Digimon. You'll only lose out on the "what Digimon do I want to try and get" because you won't have a frame of reference. You'll discover the Digimon and which ones you like as you play the game.

Question, is this game easily accessible to newcomers? I never gave a crap about digimon when i was younger and never watched the show or anything, but this game seems interesting

It's pretty easy like the Pokemon games. You'll be fine, and the story has nothing to do with the show. I mean you'll get extra gratification from seeing all the Digimon from the past 15 years but if you haven't followed the franchise, they won't be completely lost on you.

Stuart444

Well. That's disappointing. Would've figured they'd give a decent amount of effort since they're porting it to PS4.

Just because it has no english dub, doesn't mean they are putting effort into it. Budget is separate from effort lol.

They probably consider this a rather risky venture so they need to keep costs down.

It was most likely this or it wouldn't be coming at all.

khaaan

Yes, you can play this even if you've never played or watched Digimon. You'll only lose out on the "what Digimon do I want to try and get" because you won't have a frame of reference. You'll discover the Digimon and which ones you like as you play the game.

Charmander is the coolest one, right?

PaulBizkit

It's no surprise to see this game ported to the ps4... The vita is so dead in the west that the only good games it has are sent to the console people actually bought.

I always confuse this game, the re:digitize one and the one on psp. Too many digimon games.

i-Jest

Any more video game dreams people said would never happen expected to come true in 2015? I think PSO2 and Legacy of Kain are all that's left?

Your forgetting Agent and a new Half Life game.

I wonder if those who preorder will get the soundtrack as a bonus? That would be delicious.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized they didn't use the "Digimon font" in the title and they stuck with Digimon Story instead of changing it to Digimon World like they usually do.

Cool beans.

I love that they kept the cover :) Even kind of boob-girl is still on the cover and not covered (to my surprise). I guess they aren't really trying to market it to kids anyways and understand that most of the fanbase are older now and can handle such stuff.

Tohsaka

Well. That's disappointing. Would've figured they'd give a decent amount of effort since they're porting it to PS4.

All their anime games are Japanese voices only these days, which is my preference anyway so I'm fine with it.

I love that they kept the cover :) Even kind of boob-girl is still on the cover and not covered (to my surprise). I guess they aren't really trying to market it to kids anyways and understand that most of the fanbase are older now and can handle such stuff.

Yeah this game definitely goes in a more mature direction. Considering the Japanese version had no furigana, I don't think this was intended for the usual audience.

Love that the kept the same style as the JP box art but poor Hagurumon got Mike Wazowskied by the title this time around haha

Best starter being ignored. :(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, it's subbed too?! 0_0 I'm even MORE happy!! :D So, true subs and not dubtitles I'm guessing then?

Sylver

Banned
Great to see it's confirmed on EU too, digital or retail, no matters for me.
Bamco is being so awesome with Vita :).

PD.- Sad news englsih text only.

Wait wait wait.

This girl is still in the game, right?

latest

Or is that the game before this one?

I've wanted to play whichever game she's in for like, years.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Game is hella easy. You should have no problems playing with no experience with the series.

It's pretty easy like the Pokemon games. You'll be fine, and the story has nothing to do with the show. I mean you'll get extra gratification from seeing all the Digimon from the past 15 years but if you haven't followed the franchise, they won't be completely lost on you.

You guys are life savers, thank you!

Stuart444

Yeah. :/

I sort of understand why they didn't have them in, considering evolution to Champion/Adult is so fast, but they could have made them useful by giving them secret moves or something like that.

As disappointing as it may be, it's still the largest cast of playable Digimon I believe in a Digimon game. So it's not all bad :)

It feels kind of surreal to know Vita localizations are alive and well for 2016 for big games. Makes me happy ;-;.

As a kid I was a HUGE fan of the first season of the anime so that definately helps.

:D

Though I am glad Haguru was a starter since you wouldn't normally expect him to be a starter in a Digimon game.

Yeah and they give him all of his cool evolution lines, so he's fun to evolve and devolve.

Wait wait wait.

This girl is still in the game, right?

latest

Or is that the game before this one?

I've wanted to play whichever game she's in for like, years.

She's a main character in Digimon World: Re:Digitize: Decode, but she's also a side character in this as well.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I am glad that this game is getting localized, but I am bummed out that it's digital only in Europe. I really hope that Namco at least give a retail option as I don't like buying games digitally.

I also hope that Namco localize Digimon World: Re:Digitize: Decode as well.

Stuart444

My fav is Agumon line, I'm safe for whatsoever they are going to put out in future.

Well IF they do pre-order bonuses or even just general DLC, you'll have a choice between Black Agumon (which can become BlackWargreymon) or normal Agumon line including Geogreymon + normal Greymon routes (former leads to Shinegreymon and latter leads to Wargreymon).

Lots of choice.

Stuart444

Screenshot shows "Gatomon", so don't get your hopes too high

It's funny, it uses some established translations like Gatomon (which the OVA teaser/trailer from Toei also used funnily enough) but uses some original JP attack names like Giga Destroyer instead of Giga Blaster.

It's interesting in a good way imo.

Top Bottom