• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth announced for NA - PS4 Retail / PSVita Digital

Steel

Banned
I don't want to oversell it too much, I'm not saying you'll like this if you like SMT, but the story, battling, and evolving mechanics are closer to it than Pokemon. The Devil Survivor guy being the artist doesn't hurt either.

To be fair, SMT is itself similar to pokemon, just without the one vs one aspect.

To be fair, SMT is itself similar to pokemon, just without the one vs one aspect.

Sure, but that's at a most basic battling and collecting monsters level. I just think Pokemon isn't a good expectation to have going into this game. SMT is a better (if flawed as well) comparison.

GKFinns

All I need to know is this: can I be WereGarurumon, the only Digimon worth having? Because he's the best. Ever.

And this has no bearing on the fact that since my name is Matt and I'm blonde I latched onto his character from the get go.

All I need to know is this: can I be WereGarurumon, the only Digimon worth having? Because he's the best. Ever.

And this has no bearing on the fact that since my name is Matt and I'm blonde I latched onto his character from the get go.

Take your pick:

0V12Vc8l.jpg
eCQjF0Bl.jpg

For someone who is unfamiliar with Digimon is this worth getting? The game looks really nice (on Vita).

Are you familiar with the Shin Megami Tensei type of games?

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Awesome!
I hope with this and the Tri movies, Digimon makes a comeback. This game is targeted to a more mature audience, looks great, plays great, and has a great story going from reviews, and Tri should definitely rope in some old school fans.
Just wished the Fanbeemon, Kamemon, Lunamon, and Coronamon lines were available in the game. I get my Gaomon though so its all cool!

For someone who is unfamiliar with Digimon is this worth getting? The game looks really nice (on Vita).

Amazing story and lore IMO (talking about the franchise in general though). Digimon was my very first love. It's been a part of me since 3. And I can say that it's really amazing even after all this time.

As for the game itself, the gameplay for this particular entry is SMT-esque (from what I've heard) so if that's your thing, dig right in.

I still want a limited edition Digimon-themed Vita.

Top Bottom