• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Oh yeah, shall I get this thread repurposed as a community thread for the new thing so we have the whole rollercoaster, or shall we have a new thread? I'm easy and fine if someone wants to STEP UP for the new OT as well. I have no design skills, I just did this because the thread was often talked about and noone was pulling the trigger!

How easy is it to get a title change? Do most people just look at the last page of posts or do folks actually go through all the pages? I ask because it'd be pretty neat to have newcomers see the pages from before, but have a fresh OP.

Umibozu

Brandon's really exited for the changing of seasons
Oh yeah, shall I get this thread repurposed as a community thread for the new thing so we have the whole rollercoaster, or shall we have a new thread? I'm easy and fine if someone wants to STEP UP for the new OT as well. I have no design skills, I just did this because the thread was often talked about and noone was pulling the trigger!
I think a new thread (that's not stuck in community) would bring in more posters/gaffers

Edit: I think I even saw some others in the other thread refer to the other thread as a GT OT kind of shows that they didn't know about this thread

Auctopus

How easy is it to get a title change? Do most people just look at the last page of posts or do folks actually go through all the pages? I ask because it'd be pretty neat to have newcomers see the pages from before, but have a fresh OP.

We just need someone to ask a Mod. It's not hard.

I'd rather keep this thread as the dedicated fans are here. If new fans or "returning" fans want a piece, they can come find this thread.

Edit: I sorta hope the name isn't based around one of their "catchphrases". The way their chat always devolved in to spamming them when it got busy was sort of grating.

As tweeted by Ian, Kyle, Blood, Huber, Ben, Brandon, and Brad at the same time just now!!

xnHmPYY.png

https://twitter.com/TrailerJones/status/708176519424643072

Gulp.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Episode 131 was incredible, all that lore, my god.

I am hopeful the crew will keep the same formats, just change the names:

GameTrailers --> GoodTime

Huber Hype --> Get Hyped with Huber
Mandatory Update --> Man Up with Ian Hinck
GT Time --> GT Talk
Just Played --> Playback
The First Fifteen --> Bosman Rush
The Final Bosman --> Screw You Defy

ito007

Wow only 9 days away! I actually thought it was gonna take them a lot longer to say what they were up to next. Looking forward to it though

Ochi

Neo Member
The big bosman? Punished Kyle?

Oh the potential worlds of yet to be created episodes are already spinning out of my head...

sora87

The Big Bosman

Kyle puts on a southern cop gimmick and cuts promos against miyamoto while banging a nightstick on a cell door

Burt

I find myself refreshing my followers page on Twitch blindly hoping for Brad or someone to be surprise streaming way too much

but man

when it pays off it pays off

streaming now

DKHF

Currently considering ditching PS+ or Netflix and moving that subscription money to whatever the crew end up doing.
That's a very good idea, I haven't even downloaded/added to the que any PS+ games in a few months so it would be much better spent backing the crew.

Hasney

I already ditched Netflix with the region switching complexities going on. I'll probably chuck a bit more towards them though.

UrbanRats

Currently considering ditching PS+ or Netflix and moving that subscription money to whatever the crew end up doing.

I'm definitely ditching PS+.
Had it for a year (did it for Bloodborne) and barely used it.
Enjoyed a couple of the free PS+ game, but i wouldn't have lost sleep over not playing them.

I don't play online, so it's pretty useless for me.

Netflix without the region switching became also pretty useless, but we'll see about that.

sora87

Can see why Twitch haven't got back to Huber about being partnered and stuff, his schedule is nowhere near constant enough

Tregard

Soothsayer
With all thats happened over the last week (PSVR, possible PS4.5, NX Controller leak, etc.) I am absolutely chomping at the bit to hear the crew's thoughts and speculation on it all. I can already hear the GT Time in my head!

Roll on Monday!

Volotaire

With all thats happened over the last week (PSVR, possible PS4.5, NX Controller leak, etc.) I am absolutely chomping at the bit to hear the crew's thoughts and speculation on it all. I can already hear the GT Time in my head!

Roll on Monday!

Same here. I'm excited to hear all their thoughts on all these topics.

sora87

Well.... we're probably gonna only hear what they have planned, we won't get any media from them for another few weeks at the earliest I think

Tregard

Soothsayer
Well.... we're probably gonna only hear what they have planned, we won't get any media from them for another few weeks at the earliest I think

Oh yeah, of course, even still though, exciting times ahead, and soon they will be very much quantifiable!

I'm tempted to personally pay for Damiani's travel expenses to join their possible E3 stream.

I don't know what shape this new venture will take but my personal top priorities are GT time and E3 stream
with the not happening continuation of TTA :(

sora87

Damiani was talking about the idea of a gofundme or something to cover his expenses back to L.A to start making video content again, he didn't seem too sold on it though, just random musings

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Damiani was talking about the idea of a gofundme or something to cover his expenses back to L.A to start making video content again, he didn't seem too sold on it though, just random musings

He'll reveal himself in due time. I hope for a big episode of original content if they're going to do that again.

I hope Damiani just randomly shows up in whatever they are doing.

No one mentions it. They make no big deal about it. They play it completely straight. As if he'd always been there.

nikeboy94

Hey guys before we hear the new plans from the ex-GT crew, I thought I'd post this video. It's an oldy but @2:32 it's the funniest stuff I've ever seen in a GameTrailers review. I didn't know GT did comedic sketches in the video reviews.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_EmJo_BbSQ

Can't wait to hear what the guys have planned though. Hopefully they'll bring back shows like Final Bosman, GT Time, etc but with a new lick of paint.

Top Bottom