• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidden Palutena's Guidance Found in Smash Wii U Data, More DLC Characters Coming?

Neoxon

Pit: Who is that?
Palutena: I have no data on this fighter. I can't believe it.
Viridi: It must be an intruder from another dimension.
Pit: Whoever it is, the goal remains the same. To fight and win.

Your guess is as good as mine on who this could be for. Granted, it could be a generic conversation for any future DLC characters, which would imply more DLC characters beyond Mewtwo (who would have his own Palutena's Guidance conversation if he really was the only DLC character). It could also be a placeholder during development.

Source: Vocaroo

I'm sure it's a catch-all in the case of more DLC characters coming, but not being able to get the VAs in the booth to record new dialog for them.

Doesn't really mean a whole lot, imo. Just a precaution.

Son Of D

I'm sure it's a catch-all in the case of more DLC characters coming, but not being able to get the VAs in the booth to record new dialog for them.

That's probably what it is. Record a generic conversation for DLC characters in case they don't want to or can't get the voice actors back to record the dialogue.

Makonero

Yep, although it does signify that there may be additional DLC characters besides Mewtwo, which is good news, if not entirely novel.

Your guess is as good as mine on who this could be for. Granted, it could be a generic conversation for any future DLC characters, which would imply more DLC characters beyond Mewtwo (who would have his own Palutena's Guidance conversation if he really was the only DLC character). It could also be a placeholder during development.

Source: Vocaroo

I knew it, Mewtwo's from a different dimension.

Mesonak

I think anybody who believes that Mewtwo will be the only DLC character is deluding themselves

like the people wanting Ridley ;_;

Neoxon

This alone implies that Sakurai is considering more DLC characters beyond Mewtwo.

Mewtwo would have his own conversation if he was the only DLC character, instead it's a generic conversation. Why?

『Inaba Resident』;143337307 said:
Sounds like a placeholder in case of an error.
I'm going with this. Like if you attempted it after somehow glitching it into a character the game doesn't properly recognize.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
It's probably a generic convo for every DLC fighter, including Mewtwo.

Son Of D

Wait, different dimension? Obviously it's Master Chief! He's not from the Nintendo dimension (Pac-Man, Sonic, Snake, Rayman, Commander Video and Mega Man at least have had games on Nintendo platforms so they inhabit the Nintendo dimension as a trophy, Brawl character or playable character).

HUELEN10

QddjL0E.jpg
Bring It

Mesonak

Nintendo's gonna want more, DLC characters for Smash is a license to print money. With this generic conversation, Sakurai is covering all his bases.

Pretty much this. There's no way Mewtwo's going to be the only DLC character released for Smash; they're gonna milk this for all its worth.

Hatchtag

Banned
Wonder if there's any for Ice Climbers or Mewtwo recorded. The announcer mentioned he couldn't say who all he read lines for, so I assume there's a chance cut/considered characters had some lines recorded in case they wanted to throw them in.

HUELEN10

There's no way Mewtwo's going to be the only DLC character released for Smash; they're gonna milk this for all its worth.
Sakurai, if you or one of your disciples is reading this, know that I would pay good, good money for pizza girl; I am almost ashamed to say how much money I would be willing to spend.

EulaCapra

It sounds like a one-and-done placeholder just in case they can't get Pit/Palutena/Viridi voice actors booked again. Although I wish their dialogue was more streamlined and less... space-faring.

Pit: "Who is THAT?"
Palutena: "I have no data on this fighter! I can't believe it!"
Viridi: "It must be an intruder from another dimension!"

Guys, no. It's just Dixie Kong.

Jawmuncher

Sakurai, if you or one of your disciples is reading this, know that I would pay good, good money for pizza girl; I am almost ashamed to say how much money I would be willing to spend.

50+ dollars for snake with no hesitation for my most wanted character no joke.

It sounds like a one-and-done placeholder just in case they can't get Pit/Palutena/Viridi voice actors booked again. Although I wish their dialogue was more streamlined and less... space-faring.

Pit: "Who is THAT?"
Palutena: "I have no data on this fighter! I can't believe it!"
Viridi: "It must be an intruder from another dimension!"

Guys, no. It's just Dixie Kong.

Yeah it is kind of funny they went that far out with it.
Should have been something more relaxed.

Pit: So are you going to give me any data on this fighter?
Viridi: We always do so much for you pit.
Palutena: She's right you need you know.

I get that Smash hype is real, but the more I try to read into this, the more this looks like an Undefined Guidance, to prevent crashes.

In all likelihood, they already recorded all the dialogue for the planned Smash DLC characters.

Terrell

Pretty much this. There's no way Mewtwo's going to be the only DLC character released for Smash; they're gonna milk this for all its worth.

Because Nintendo's known for doing that, drowning us in DLC. Sure.

It really could go either way, saying it's guaranteed to happen because MONEY is being really ignorant of how Nintendo has done DLC for all its other properties. Even its best-sellng game on Wii U has had a single DLC pack about 6 months after the original release, with another scheduled for even further down the line.

If you're going to use milking it for financial gain as your only backup to such a claim, that also opens up the possibility of microtransactions. Because hey, money is money, right? And that's ludicrous, but your logic as it stands suggests such a thing.

I doubt it's related to a DLC character. They just barely started working on Mewtwo, I can't see such a trivial thing as Palutena's guidance being made before everything else.

Maybe it's about a scrapped character? I don't usually believe this sort of speculation, but if "intruder from another dimension" doesn't sound like an outsider I don't know what does.

Top Bottom