• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Direct 01.08.13 (U.S.-6AM EST, EUR-12PM CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariolee

FVwq0.png

Tweets:

jCtHa.png

For the new page, there you go, guys: It's
very probably
for 3DS.

Streams:
UK Stream (11 AM GMT): http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
Japan Stream (20:00 JST): http://www.nintendo.co.jp/pokemon/direct20130108/index.html

Updates:
EDIT: On the announcement page ( http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/important_announce/?a001=msign ) there's a countdown. Warning: the countdown is based on the time on your computer.

Direct Screenshots:
Will update with links as they come.

Credit to Andrefpvs for the pics.

So, whatever it is, we're almost assured to have video of it of some description, and it's important enough for Iwata to present a worldwide broadcast to show it off.

Honestly, my hype is uncontrollable. I know I'll only end up disillusioned, but ain't no hype like Pokemon hype.
A 'short' message doesn't sound like anything substantial.

Considering I was only expecting the equivalent of this:
legends.jpg

I don't mind. Besides, the Direct is 10 minutes long. Not bad for one set of games.

Andrefpvs

New game(s) guys, new game(s)! :D

btw, Portugal time is UK time.

Also, it will be 10 minutes long, according to Serebii:
jCtHa.png

Ashler

Iwata walks in...

Iwata: It's coming. 3DS.

Iwata holds a pineapple for 3 secs, then drops the mic, leaves.

Nintendo Direct over.

Forkball

GEN VI BABY

Wishlist:
The ability to easily transfer Pokemon from the DS titles to the 3DS game
DPP's massive world, B&W's Pokemon diversity and emphasis on battling, and HG/SS's amount of content rolled into one
Revamp of IVs and EVs

A 'short' message doesn't sound like anything substantial.
How long do you think it takes to say pokemon gen 6 coming fall 2013 on 3DS?

In the past they have anounced new pokemon games in corocoro magazine and never showed footage and barely showed any new pokemon. So a pokemon direct is already very significant and a ww anouncement suggests that it may be localized faster than previous pokemon titles.

Delio

A direct for it thats worldwide? Oh man my hype is going nuts. So it will be Ten minutes? Surely they have gameplay ready if it's that long,

Coolwhip

Banned
How long do you think it takes to say pokemon gen 6 coming fall 2013 on 3DS?

In the past they have anounced new pokemon games in corocoro magazine and never showed footage and barely showed any new pokemon. So a pokemon direct is already very significant and a ww anouncement suggests that it may be localized faster than previous pokemon titles.

Maybe, but if I were the NOE employee handling Twitter I would use 'big' or 'important' for a big announcement. Maybe it's just poor wording though, that's always tough with Twitter.

Kouriozan

A real 3D pokémon is indeed a major change for the franchise. Anything can happen.
The only thing I want is fast battle, not colosseum-like speed. That game was good but 4-8 mins. per trainer was really boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom