• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Direct 01.08.13 (U.S.-6AM EST, EUR-12PM CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's 10 minutes long, then it'll almost certainly have some manner of gameplay footage.

If it's a new Gen, that'll almost certainly mean new Pokemon, new locations, new characters, whatever.

Sod off, Coro Coro, we have a new God now.

Yeah. 6am EST, 12pm CET, and 20:00 Japan are simultaneous.
Neato, good to see that then.

So, only the 6AM EST is necessary then - great *goes to sleep*
If it's 10 minutes long, then it'll almost certainly have some manner of gameplay footage.

If it's a new Gen, that'll almost certainly mean new Pokemon, new locations, new characters, whatever.

Sod off, Coro Coro, we have a new God now.
6 minutes with GF talking about a single piece of concept art, 2 minutes of Iwata hair flips, 1 minute 45 second Dragon Quest 10 DLC promotion, 15 second teaser.

m0t0k1

Totally expecting it to go like this:

Iwata: welcome to Nintendo Direct
Iwata: You can now download a level 5 Ratata or a level 5 Zubat In Pokemon BW 2 via wifi
Iwata: shows a Mango
Iwata: Thank you for watching i am out!

Pokemon Cards that have a Wii U code that lets you bring a virtual pokemon with you around the house on your Wii U controller that does nothing.

Do it Nintendo.

A legit Pokemon MMO for Wii U would probably devastate Nintendo's competition.

Far be it from Nintendo to make strategic software decisions though.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Strange. I thought that the next Pokemon news was related to the localization of the Mistery Dungeon game out only in Japan for the moment. We got the US date of that, and I'm almost sure that it will come in PAL territories too shortly after (May?).

Obviously, starting this news from Japan, it's not related to that game, but to a brand new game. I'm still doubtfull about a new mainline Poke game for 3ds in 2013, and the "WiiU" logo in the NoA twitter profile and the blue colors of the Direct announcment could lead us into something related to their new home console.
In that case, I think it will be, as usual, a minor spinoff for the Wii U.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
EXTREME SPEED GENESECT DISTRIBUTION!

Iwata out!

A legit Pokemon MMO for Wii U would probably devastate Nintendo's competition.

Far be it from Nintendo to make strategic software decisions though.

You imply that that's a wise decision.

Man, if nothing else, Coro Coro be pissed.
Obviously, starting this news from Japan, it's not related to that game, but to a brand new game. I'm still doubtfull about a new mainline Poke game for 3ds in 2013, and the "WiiU" logo in the NoA twitter profile and the blue colors of the Direct announcment could lead us into something related to their new home console.
A 2013 mainline entry for 3DS has seemed like an inevitability for the best part of a year.

A minor spinoff would most certainly not have a worldwide, simultaneous Direct reveal. A minor spinoff would be revealed in Coro Coro, as per normal.
Whatever it is, would it not have made sense to announce a month ago, ie BEFORE CHRISTMAS?! Jesus.
Probably not worth cutting BW2's legs short, particularly as this won't be out for months, whatever it is.

Maybe, but if I were the NOE employee handling Twitter I would use 'big' or 'important' for a big announcement. Maybe it's just poor wording though, that's always tough with Twitter.
Iwata has never anounced anything pokemon related before. Its always been reserved for corocoro and famitsu for anouncements and then months later Nintendo acknowledges its presence. The fact that Iwata will broadcast a 10 minute long video all about pokemon WW is enough info to know its a major anouncment.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Strange. I thought that the next Pokemion news was related to the localization of the Mistery Dungeon game out only in Japan for the moment. We got the US date of that, and I'm almost sure that it will come in PAL territories too shortly after (May?).

The Wii U logo is just NoA's avatar right now, since Wii U launched. They give 3DS Tweets with that avatar too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So tomorrow, people will be playing this video online simultaneously?

So you could say this is the Pokémon MMO.

j.rob

AWWWWWWWWW SHEEIIIIIEEEETTTTTT!

Nintendo why do you allways do this to me? Fuck it im getting hyped.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Pokèmon Direct colors are different from Wii U ones, look better :D

A new Pokemon 3DS game is not exciting for me, so I'll continue believing something else XD

I'd prefer a cross-platform (as Smash) 3DS-WiiU proper Stadium game with WW release for Spring 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom