• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
If i recall correctly from the Thread on OT, her new color is result of a mixture of severe damage she tookin a fight and the emotional impact of her cousin's death.

Man, if your skin color is dictated by emotional damage we would be seeing a whole lotta red black people nowadays.

PSqueak

Banned
Man, if your skin color is dictated by emotional damage we would be seeing a whole lotta red black people nowadays.

You really feeling like pointing out the ridiculousness of the concept when the Hulk brand was built on the concept of a man who turns green when he's angry?

joe2187

Banned
You really feeling like pointing out the ridiculousness of the concept when the Hulk brand was built on the concept of a man who turns green when he's angry?

I dont read comics, but that's the hulk....as far as I know She Hulk is or always green since her transfusion.

I dont know who or what the red hulks are.

Mesoian

I dont read comics, but that's the hulk....as far as I know She Hulk is or always green since her transfusion.

I dont know who or what the red hulks are.

You're better off not knowing. The Red Hulk storylines were terrible top to bottom.

There is president for the Gray Hulk stuff though. It's supposed to represent when the hulk, or a hulk, is in a state of emotional limbo. There's a really nice yet stupid, short story about Bruce Banner talking with Doc Sampson about the hours after he first turned into the hulk and how he spent the entire time as grey, trying to figure out why he was being killed, where to go, who to talk to. It gets dumb because Tony Stark shows up with the iron man suit he made in a cave (out of a box of scraps) but...the emotional conveyance is nice.

The Incredible Hulk was never better than it was in the late 90's early 00's, where it was more of a picture book than a full comic because, at the end of the day, Bruce Banner doesn't want to talk to anyone, the Hulk doesn't want to talk to anyone, so why bother having dialogue.

After that though....Happy Banner started, and....well, things got silly. He's dead now I think. Though I heard he came back last month.

whatever, just bring that marvel 4
FflohQi.gif

MoxManiac

If they port UMVC3 to current consoles (or just PS4/PC if exclusive) is there any hope for improving the net code? netcode in MvC3/UMvC3 was unplayable.

Coda

If they port UMVC3 to current consoles (or just PS4/PC if exclusive) is there any hope for improving the net code? netcode in MvC3/UMvC3 was unplayable.

Pretty confident that a UMVC3 port is out of the question. If MVC4 is real there's no looking back.

ZeroCDR

Doesn't sound unreasonable and I hope so, though to be completely honest the netcode was largely functional on Xbox 360. The performance on PS3 left a lot to be desired (Abundance of wireless connections, additional frames of input lag on PS3, and frame drops on most stages).

Pretty confident that a UMVC3 port is out of the question. If MVC4 is real there's no looking back.

At the very least I would expect the PS3/360 games to go back on the marketplace to generate hype and money. The Polygon article did indicate there may be good news for UMvC3 fans so we'll see.

Dahbomb

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3's popularity among fighting game fans remains strong, however. The game is still featured at the annual Evo fighting game tournament, and we've heard that there may be good news for fans of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 specifically coming soon as well.

I don't know about that breh.

What's funny? Whilst entirely upto the mods to ban or not ban on an individual basis, it is fair to point out that the guy broke at least two or three section guidelines in the Forum Use policy section by posting that shit.

Yeah people have been banned for much less... I've been banned for much less. Makes moderation just seem all that more random when blatant things go unpunished.

Thinking more about the announcement, and I think that MvC4 is going to be first announced during the PSX keynote. I think having the announcement of the game itself occur at 1am EST, which is when the SFV Capcom Cup is scheduled to run until, is kinda late to have a big announcement like that, especially when there is going to be a big, promoted press conference just mere hours earlier.

This is similar to what they did for SFV, where the game was announced during PSX, then had its 'gameplay' debut after that year's Capcom Cup.

Mesoian

No matter what, we'll get the green classic Shulkie as a color swap right?

If this goes the SF5 way, we'll get every single version of Shulkie out there. Green, Red, Grey, Blue, Lawyer, Bikini, Judge, Celestial Lawyer, Aria Shulk, bounty hunter shulk...

All for 5.99 a pop.

I made a bad Joke....

and was banned twice.

I got banned for posting a picture with a watermark in it.

Polygon implied a UMVC3 port was coming in their article.

If this is about the X-Men/FF issue, as Neoxon noted, the X-Men/FF banning doesn't affect games that were released before the ban was initiated.

The real problem with a UMVC3 port is that it will still need a patch to fix netcode, balance and, if it's a port of the PS3 version, playing bosses in normal matches and slowdown.

We're not gonna get that patch.

Naw. That's 4 video games they can put back up for sale on 3 digital shops for 19.99 a pop.

Free money because they're not going to fix any of them and fans will DEFINITELY buy them.

If this goes the SF5 way, we'll get every single version of Shulkie out there. Green, Red, Grey, Blue, Lawyer, Bikini, Judge, Celestial Lawyer, Aria Shulk, bounty hunter shulk...

All for 5.99 a pop.

I got banned for posting a picture with a watermark in it.

The real problem with a UMVC3 port is that it will still need a patch to fix netcode, balance and, if it's a port of the PS3 version, playing bosses in normal matches and slowdown.

We're not gonna get that patch.

Naw. That's 4 video games they can put back up for sale on 3 digital shops for 19.99 a pop.

Free money because they're not going to fix any of them and fans will DEFINITELY buy them.

I'm worried it's just going to be added to playstation now :(

thelastword

Banned
I doubt we will see MVC4 early next year, there might even be delays. Even USF4 was ported at least a couple months before 5 dropped, so UMVC3 ported over to the consoles at a locked 1080p 60fps with all costumes is not farfetched.......

I really wanted to get into the game, did most of the trials, but SF just had me last gen and SF5 is what I play most often this gen too, but if they re-release UMVC4 at 4k 60fps with TAA on the PRO, I'd get that in a heart-beat. The only thing they need to do is update the online code, perhaps if marvel had better online I would have played it much more. I played maybe 3 games online and they were awful.

So I'm definitely up to an update of UMVC3 to get me prepped and ready for a new entry....

Thinking more about the announcement, and I think that MvC4 is going to be first announced during the PSX keynote. I think having the announcement of the game itself occur at 1am EST, which is when the SFV Capcom Cup is scheduled to run until, is kinda late to have a big announcement like that, especially when there is going to be a big, promoted press conference just mere hours earlier.

This is similar to what they did for SFV, where the game was announced during PSX, then had its 'gameplay' debut after that year's Capcom Cup.

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking.

UMvC3 port + MvC 4 announcement at PSX then MvC 4 gameplay at Capcom Cup.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You know how Necalli's moveset doesn't really line up with how he's portrayed in the story? What if they had to turn him into a Wolverine replacement?

19-conspiracy-theories-that-turned-out-to-be-true-u1.jpg

I'm pretty sure we'll get a UMVC3 port.... but what about a patch??
If UMvC3 gets a port, there is a 100% chance it gets a patch. At the very least, they will add the Vita features and fix the Galactus exploit. It would be insane not to fix the Galactus exploit and let online fall into decay right after release.

I've been playing Tekken 7 since March 2015, game's out.
X-Men yes, or X-Men no?

Watch the UMvC3 news just be backwards compatibility for Xbox One.

PS4 gets Marvel 4, Xbox gets Marvel 3, everyone gets Marvel in some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom