• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinky

Mahvel 3 on Steam would make me rather wet.

I don't think it'll happen, though (don't think 4 will come to PC either unfortunately).

convo

Confession time
I designed the “4” teaser logo poster. I designed it because of all the rumors of MVC4 so I thought it would be fun to design a fake logo teaser. I went to my sketchbook and just started drawing bunch of 4s logos that would fit in the “VS” game franchise. I then took the sketch into Illustrator to vector it and prepped it for 3D. I saw lot of criticism that the 4 shape had terrible of misalignment which I overlooked when rushing to get the teaser out. I spent like 1hr tops on it and thought it would be fun to post it. Didn’t know bunch of people would tweet it or blogs using it in their articles. It was just a logo 3d extruded with a metal texture. People knew it was fake off the bat but was surprised blogs that it was real. I wish I would’ve spent more time to refine it to make it believable...oh well. I’m happy it spread around like it did. It should show Capcom that people really want MVC4

my shit is fake but i hope MVC4 isnt.

GOT EM.

NUsub2d.jpg

Congrats on fooling bloggers and idiots blinded by good to mediocre metal textures.

SmokeMaxX

It was randomly posted in a forum without a source or a story. I'd ask how that could fool anyone, but we all see what "news" gets shared on Facebook.

liquidtmd

Banned
It was randomly posted in a forum without a source or a story. I'd ask how that could fool anyone, but we all see what "news" gets shared on Facebook.

The bigger problem are posters coming into threads, posting fakes they've mocked up, pretending they haven't, then 100 pages later saying 'LOL IT WAS ME ALL ALONG'

If everyone on this forum had this mentality, the site would go under in terms of reputation

TheAnvil

Neo Member
Let's hypothetically say that Wolverine and Gambit made their way into MvC4.

How do you think they would look? Astonishing? Jim Lee?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Confession time
I designed the “4” teaser logo poster. I designed it because of all the rumors of MVC4 so I thought it would be fun to design a fake logo teaser. I went to my sketchbook and just started drawing bunch of 4s logos that would fit in the “VS” game franchise. I then took the sketch into Illustrator to vector it and prepped it for 3D. I saw lot of criticism that the 4 shape had terrible of misalignment which I overlooked when rushing to get the teaser out. I spent like 1hr tops on it and thought it would be fun to post it. Didn’t know bunch of people would tweet it or blogs using it in their articles. It was just a logo 3d extruded with a metal texture. People knew it was fake off the bat but was surprised blogs that it was real. I wish I would’ve spent more time to refine it to make it believable...oh well. I’m happy it spread around like it did. It should show Capcom that people really want MVC4

GOT EM.

NUsub2d.jpg

It's ok I know you fooled at least one person. Someone sent me that after you posted it saying it was confirmed

SmokeMaxX

The bigger problem are posters coming into threads, posting fakes they've mocked up, pretending they haven't, then 100 pages later saying 'LOL IT WAS ME ALL ALONG'

If everyone on this forum had this mentality, the site would go under in terms of reputation

I'm not a huge fan of the practice, but I think we bear some responsibility to not be dumb about it too. This is basically the same thing as fake news. We just need to up our critical thinking skills.

Neoxon

If Marvel is trying to erase the X-Men that doesn't seem like the most sensible solution (for them).
The X-Men/F4 ban doesn't affect games that were made before the ban. Capcom just can't add any new characters to it (duh).

For reference, the Deadpool game was able to be remastered for PS4/XB1 post-ban without any changes. Same for the MUA games.

liquidtmd

Banned
I'm not a huge fan of the practice, but I think we bear some responsibility to not be dumb about it too. This is basically the same thing as fake news. We just need to up our critical thinking skills.

Agree, but we should encourage a community where we can expect members to at least try and post in good faith.

Ghazi

The X-Men/F4 ban doesn't affect games that were made before the ban. Capcom just can't add any new characters to it (duh).

For reference, the Deadpool game was able to be remastered for PS4/XB1 post-ban without any changes. Same for the MUA games.

Ah, that makes sense. Well, I'd like it to happen. More MvC3 is cool for me.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This won't turn out to be Itsuno's new project right? The Combofiend bit of the rumor is solid? I'm honestly scared for DMC5 right now.
Well, there's a limited amount of active projects Capcom can have. And it's getting less likely with every new one we learn about.

Not saying I'd trade DMC5 for Marvel 4, but that wouldn't be all bad.

At least it'd guarantee a Rival Schools character, lol.

Well, an Itsuno made fighter would most certainly be interesting (to say the least). But nah, for now I need my DMC5 fix.

After that Itsuno can go and make a proper Rival Schools game :)

cordy

Banned
I wonder if people really care about the fact it's Marvel vs Capcom and what that means or the fact they just like specific X-men because judging a good amount of responses, people would willingly not play a new one, regardless who's on the Marvel side or how they play, if they can't play some of their characters. That says a lot about what this means.

Would they play a 16 character X-men vs game over a Marvel vs Capcom without the X-men? Who knows.

Sesha

This won't turn out to be Itsuno's new project right? The Combofiend bit of the rumor is solid? I'm honestly scared for DMC5 right now.

I doubt this was Itsuno's project. Considering they're doing RE2 Remake, DR4, and RE7, I doubt MvC4 would jeopardize DMC5. In fact I think the opposite is true, MvC4 being real boosts DMC5's chances. Capcom needs every big franchise they can get.

Well, there's a limited amount of active projects Capcom can have. And it's getting less likely with every new one we learn about.

Well, how many internal Capcom projects do we know of atm? RE7, REmake2 and this one? I can still see them working on a couple more.

I doubt this was Itsuno's project. Considering they're doing RE2 Remake, DR4, and RE7, I doubt MvC4 would jeopardize DMC5. In fact I think the opposite is true, MvC4 being real boosts DMC5's chances. Capcom needs every big franchise they can get.

Itsuno's background and desire to work on fighting games was the thing that had me worried. Though, the Combofiend rumor eases my worries a little bit. I'm really hoping for his success now lol

qcf x2

Confession time

GOT EM.

How awesome do you feel about yourself now? Not that the logo looked good or should've fooled anybody, but does trolling really give you a feeling of self worth? If so, why?

liquidtmd

Banned
I wonder if people really care about the fact it's Marvel vs Capcom and what that means or the fact they just like specific X-men because judging a good amount of responses, people would willingly not play a new one, regardless who's on the Marvel side or how they play, if they can't play some of their characters. That says a lot about what this means.

Would they play a 16 character X-men vs game over a Marvel vs Capcom without the X-men? Who knows.

I think it's more Capcom started this all up with X-Men COTA 22 years ago and since X-Men Vs Street Fighter 20 years ago, we've come to appreciate the X-Men as a staple in these Capcom cross projects

For Marvel to veto them due to current politics within their movie division seems petty. I get it, but Christ it's frustrating. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, how many internal Capcom projects do we know of atm? RE7, REmake2 and this one? I can still see them working on a couple more.
Well, not only internal, there's also a financial limit. Last year they had SFV, Marvel 4, RE7, REmake2, Umbralla Corps, Dead Rising 4 and Monster Hunter. Probably more than that. And who knows what happened to Deep Down.

2016 games:
Monster Hunter Stories | 3DS2016
Dead Rising | PS4, PC, XONE2016
Resident Evil 4 HD | XONE, PS42016
Resident Evil 5 | XONE, PS42016
Umbrella Corps | PC, PS42016
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice | 3DS2016
Resident Evil 6 | PS4, XONE2016
Breath of Fire 6 | PC2016
Mega Man Legacy Collection | 3DS2016
Breath of Fire 6 | AND, iOS2016
Street Fighter V | PC, PS42016
Resident Evil 0 HD | PC, XONE, X360, PS4, PS32016

Sesha

Adding to the above, they also released Toraware no Palm, Sengoku Basara: Sanada Yukimura-den, Dead Rising 2 & Off the Record (PS4/X1/PC), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PC) this year.

Unreleased ones?

- DR4
- RE7
- RE2 Remake
- SF5 Season 2
- Monster Hunter XX
- Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2
- A bunch of mobile games based on legacy IPs like Sengoku Basara, Monster Hunter and Mega Man
- Unannounced Capcom Vancouver projects using Unreal Engine 4
- Deep Down
- (Rumored) MvC4

The 2015 integrated report suggested they were working on RE, SF, MH, DR, DMC, and "other" franchises for consoles.

I think it's more Capcom started this all up with X-Men COTA 22 years ago and since X-Men Vs Street Fighter 20 years ago, we've come to appreciate the X-Men as a staple in these Capcom cross projects

For Marvel to veto them due to current politics within their movie division seems petty. I get it, but Christ it's frustrating. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater

Well it's come to the point where the movies far outweigh everything else in terms of popularity and profitability.

... and when you're run by Disney- the profit is always the ultimate bottom line.

Okay, that's a lot more than I expected. Though, I can't see any of them being Itsuno's project (that he mentioned back in January) so I think we at least can expect another project from Capcom (besides MvC4).

liquidtmd

Banned
Well it's come to the point where the movies far outweigh everything else in terms of popularity and profitability.

... and when you're run by Disney- the profit is always the ultimate bottom line.

Undoubtedly. The point is saturation and what profit they are losing by not including them. From what I understand Fox only owns the movie rights.

A title like Marvel Vs Capcom 4 - it's preaching to the converted.

A hell of a lot more people of going to complain about their exclusion than be delicate X-Men virgins who upon merely seeing the sight of Wolverine, ask who he is and then take themselves to a department store - avoiding the Comic book section and vast Logan backlog, steering themselves instead to the counter to ask for a copy of their finest X-Men Origins Wolverine movie.

The MCU is at this point a cultural phenomenon. Considering MCU characters exclusivity a necessary device in a game like this (aimed widely at hardcore fans) to help stop promoting the few X-Men films there are is ineffective. It's petty. I'd argue their inclusion (a few token X-Men to represent) doesn't impact Marvels bottom line one goddamn bit.

KC-Slater

We may lose X-Men/FF characters, but we may gain Disney and/or Star Wars characters in the vanilla release or DLC.

I loved TvC, so personally I'm ready for a roster refresh and some new characters, even if they ape X-Men play-styles.

Undoubtedly. The point is saturation and what profit they are losing by not including them. From what I understand Fox only owns the movie rights.

A title like Marvel Vs Capcom 4 - it's preaching to the converted.

A hell of a lot more people of going to complain about their exclusion than be delicate X-Men virgins who upon merely seeing the sight of Wolverine, ask who he is and then take themselves to a department store - avoiding the Comic book section and vast Logan backlog, steering themselves instead to the counter to ask for a copy of their finest X-Men Origins Wolverine movie.

The MCU is at this point a cultural phenomenon. Considering MCU characters exclusivity a necessary device in a game like this (aimed widely at hardcore fans) to help stop promoting the few X-Men films there are is ineffective. It's petty. I'd argue their inclusion (a few token X-Men to represent) doesn't impact Marvels bottom line one goddamn bit.

Well if I'm not mistaken- the ultimate goal is to devalue the X-men/FF brand to the point where Marvel can buy back the movie rights from Fox and fold them into the MCU.

I just hope they plan on supporting the title with new content as long as they plan on supporting SF5. Marvel vs Capcom 3 didn't get much support post launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom