• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trace

Banned
Apparently a well known FGC personality told a bunch of people from our local FGC that MVC4 is definitely in the works.

Take that for what you will.

Edit: He made no mention of a specific date to my knowledge though.

I refuse to be taken on this ride.

nicanica

As someone who's lived through the age of this screenshot:
MVC3-2.jpg

and the "The patch is coming!" forum posts on SRK, eventhubs, GAF...

Man fuck this thread and others like it for making me anxious and excited. You're toying with emotions you don't understand.

~Cross~

I bet it's multiplatform. If not then Marvel and Sony cooked up some great partnership.

I think marvel and sony playing nice with each other over games is an actual thing. But Sony funding MvC4 would be insane after SF5 reception.

Maybe capcom and sony are playing some weird marketing game where actual sales aren't really important. When your marketing budget can be bigger than the actual cost of developing a game then I could probably see why they would invest heavily on whats essentially "free" air time during tournaments and such.

SaikyoBro

I will say that it's my suspicion that someone within EventHubs knows about Marvel 4 and is trying to manufacture hype for it before its reveal.

That garbage article with the dates cropped out of the tweets (and no tip source, meaning they went back and found them themselves), the fact that they happen to be in the middle of some sort of Marvel vs Capcom art retrospective even though they've been notorious for rarely ever posting about the game for the past year and a half, and a few other weird word choices in headlines and articles (for example, they keep saying "Capcom" confirmed the game wasn't in development when it was really just Niitsuma who had just said he was moved to a different department within the company) make it seem like they're trying their best to convince everyone "no way guys it's not happening just forget about it" in the weeks leading up to the reveal.

MVC3-2.jpg

Man fuck this thread and others like it for making me anxious and excited. You're toying with emotions you don't understand.

The absolute irony of that screenshot and what ended up being MvC3 is and forever shall be hilarious to me.

Bruh....

liquidtmd

Banned
wolverine-animado.gif

GOAT

If it happened, which it won't, I'd want a more Marvel 1&2 approach to the art style over 3, which they wouldn't, and a sensibility not to draw from the current vogue of fashionable characters from MCU, which they would.

So I'm out

oh god, I'm in, I'd be in day 1 and sobbing like a little girl handing over all of my monies

Hellraider

It makes no sense for today's Marvel for this to happen. It makes no sense for today's Capcom for this to happen. SFV's failure gives a huge reason for this not to happen. It's imposible for me to create a realistic scenario where MvsC4 could happen.

Jerrod

I don't play fighting games but I love the MvC series and would buy this because I know it will be a broken hot mess of fun!

Producer

I will say that it's my suspicion that someone within EventHubs knows about Marvel 4 and is trying to manufacture hype for it before its reveal.

That garbage article with the dates cropped out of the tweets (and no tip source, meaning they went back and found them themselves), the fact that they happen to be in the middle of some sort of Marvel vs Capcom art retrospective even though they've been notorious for rarely ever posting about the game for the past year and a half, and a few other weird word choices in headlines and articles (for example, they keep saying "Capcom" confirmed the game wasn't in development when it was really just Niitsuma who had just said he was moved to a different department within the company) make it seem like they're trying their best to convince everyone "no way guys it's not happening just forget about it" in the weeks leading up to the reveal.

Eventhubs doesnt know shit lol. They just want to ride off the speculation and get hits.

MVC3-2.jpg

Wow! I forgot that fake shot was even a thing.

Jawmuncher

You know it's possible. Sony seems to be in good standing with Marvel/Disney. What with the LucasArts rereleases and the upcoming spiderman game. If it's up to Sony to get a fighting game made again so they can even further cement their platform as the fighting game machine (Even if it already is) so be it.

I'd rather MVC4 exclusive than no MVC4.
Though i'm curious if it would have a PC version like SFV if it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom