• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
AbsoluteBro sighed. Frankly, this hadn't been a good assignment. To be honest, fuck the Empire. These rebels were alright. Frankly, he may even have made some friends, people he'd cherish for life.

"Gentlemen," he said. "I have a confession to make. I am, or rather was, an Undercover Imperial. Never-the-less, I have grown to love you and your ways. Please, allow me to live in peace with you, as a rebel in your ranks!"

"Guys?"

"Please?"

"Ohgodnoargahargha---------------------------------

Welcome!

You are an Undercover Imperial.

You are aligned with the Hutt Mob.

The Emperor may have entrusted the Hutt Mob with the elimination of the Rebel squadron, but his faith in them is not absolute. He has sent you and swamped to ensure their success. The only problem is that the Mob changed their agents at the last moment, so you who have no idea who the secret Hutt Mob agents are. The Hutt Mob do know that there are two Undercover Imperials - but they don't know who you are either. Your only power is voting, so you will need to work to a Hutt Mob victory by helping lynch town, and by managing to appear suspicious enough the Hutt Mob don't want to kill you by mistake while at the same time not appearing so suspicious that the Rebels lynch you!

You win when Hutt Mob-aligned players are at least half of the remaining players.

Day 8 has ended. Please do not post in thread until the beginning of day 8. Day 9 will begin at approximately 10:00 PM EDT on Friday 10th July.

raindoc

You had to know I was lying. You had to. If you are the thief, you had to know you didn't steal from me! I put a target squarely on eJawa with that!
i know I did not steal from you. I attacked you. QB gave me a Blaster, last night I used it. Czar died, you did not:

Just remember partner: you have to kill Palmer or Raindoc tonight. You should have killed Palmer and eJawa last night instead of attacking Czar and myself. Then there would have been no confirmed rebels during this day phase and maybe, just maybe, we could both come out of this alive.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I love you crab. I really was bummed with Czar died. ;_;

If it's any consolation, a link to the exclusive VIP sneer-at-the-mistakes-of-the-living dead thread will be winging its way toward you.

EDIT: Guys, it IS still the night and the game IS still going. Please no game discussion during the night, raindoc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You began a sentence with frankly twice in 4 sentences.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
MattyG, are we likely to have a short night, or are we waiting 3 days for resolution?

It says when the night will end on my day-ending post. The only change is that the night-length is being changed to 2 to co-ordinate with the Animal Crossing game so that they finish around the same time.

MattyG

Banned
Yup, what Crab said, normal night phase aside from synching up with the AC thread. Come back around 10 AM EDT on Friday.

tumblr_nftmzli4rS1tkuk2mo1_500.gif

MattyG

Banned
A new day dawns...

eJawa, the Ordinary Rebel and a hooded figure stand face to face in the middle of the camp as the suns rise behind them.

The blaster pointed at eJawa's face is steady, almost perfectly still. It's being weilded by a trained killer, one who has become increasingly more brazen as the days have ticked on.

Once the remaining survivors have clambored out of their tents to find this scene unfolding, the hooded figure turns their head slightly to the left, gives a slight nod, and pulls the trigger.

eJawa, the Ordinary Rebel is dead.
Welcome!

You are an Ordinary Rebel.

You are aligned with the Rebel Alliance.

You have no abilities other than voting.

You win when no remaining players are Hutt Mob-aligned.
t1436886000z1.png

Palmer_v1

Die Rebel Traitors!

Vote: Matt Attack

It's you or the warboy, and we know his half-life is approaching. If this has to go to another Night phase, I'd suggest killing YesNo. He's less likely to have a dangerous reactive passive.

Barring any remaining rebel powers, this game should effectively be over. Nobody gets Majority, and Raindoc murders another one of you tonight. Better to be detained than killed, so speed this up by voting for each other please!

How the fuck did you get a blaster, Raindoc? I can't believe you tried to kill your protector N2! It was not easy keeping suspicions off you. I thought we were screwed for sure when Blarg investigated you N1(his riddles pointed to this, sorry for bussing you Blarg), and then when Czar figured out what you and Makai's Serial Killer accusations meant. Sorry Makai, btw, I wasn't entirely sure what Team Raindoc was on at that point, but anyone that threatened to have an ability that could kill him had to go. OA was just an inevitability.

My role is actually Bounty Hunter. I never actually had Raindoc's role name. So I spent the first few days waffling on what team I should be fighting for. I just did everything I could to get all power roles to claim so I could angle at eliminating killing roles. That's why I switched votes so often. Probably more to come! Any questions from the survivors?

Palmer_v1

Oh, the Serial Killer explanation:

N2, I was targeted by Hutts, but Johnny swapped Terrabyte and me. Day 3 started with Makai and Raindoc coming after me pretty hard about being a Serial Killer after I claimed Neutral. That makes sense from the Hutt perspective. I somehow survived being targeted while another person I specifically had reason to kill, died. I swear Czar figured that out. You were playing well. Trying to subvert your actions was the toughest.

I owe a large part of this game(assuming we still win) to Johnny for simultaneously saving me and giving me the perfect alibi.

So as a Bounty Hunter, your win condition is still definitely to protect raindoc?

It's you or the warboy, and we know his half-life is approaching. If this has to go to another Night phase, I'd suggest killing YesNo. He's less likely to have a dangerous reactive passive.

I mean, technically we don't have to go to another night phase, you just might not meet your win condition in the process. Think of all the good times we had!

Palmer_v1

So as a Bounty Hunter, your win condition is still definitely to protect raindoc?

I mean, technically we don't have to go to another night phase, you just might not meet your win condition in the process. Think of all the good times we had!

Yeah, as long as Raindoc wins and survives, I win. I just don't know if one of you has an ability, or if this is merely a formality. If neither of you has a way to kill me or Raindoc, we're sort of wasting our time. Even if you did, I can still just protect Raindoc, I guess. I assume you would have killed me last night if you guys had a way to.

Well, I guess I'll just have to wait to see what YesNo has to say (sorry for suspecting you, man).

Until we figure out what we're gonna do, I might as well vote for a Hutt:

VOTE: raindoc

I trusted you.

;-;

raindoc

Vote: Matt Attack

QuantumBro gave me the Blaster during N3... at least I assume that's what happened. But I actually used that to kill Czar, not eJawa. BTW - I had to kill Czar because I knew there was still a shield out there and I already had him checked out... never would've thought that you guys would actually follow my vote against him!
Also chapaeux! AB - I obviously did not think you were the UI.
It's also true that I thought Palmer were a SK because of the switch jqk performed.
@Palmer - When you posted my "role" you had me sweating for a sec... thank god noone doubted what I came up with.

But yeah, this is over. Even if eJawa or YesNO... could kill we'll win if you protect me tonight, only an override could stop us now.

Palmer_v1

I spent about 30 minutes looking for roles I could use. I knew I couldn't go with Ordinary Rebel due to the stuff at the beginning of the game. I almost went Undercover Rebel, but thought that would lead to assumptions about you having a teammate or something, whiched begged too many questions. Almost called you a Rebel Agent, but Agent is a real role that wouldn't make sense at all. I finally settled on Suspect since it could possible explain Day2, and it was entirely passive so no need for you to explain any night actions, plus it had a parralell in OA's role. I played a little dumb on it to give you room to fill in the blanks and solidify it.

I almost started yesterday's phase by claiming my actual role, outting you, and hoping the UI would be quick to respond to us. The fallout could have been funny though, since Absolut might not have trusted us, and even if he did, the correct counter play would have been for the rebels to counter claim UI.

We could have been at a point where everyone in this game was trying to convince everyone else that they were, in fact, Hutts.

Palmer_v1

BTW, I kinda hope the Hutt chat has just been you posting livejournal style updates ever since OA was detained.

How doomed did you think you were after they went down?

raindoc

lol, I thought about outing myself too yesterday (at the start of the day), but I still wasn't entirely convinced that you were then't the UI who came up with the best cover story ever. I wanted to play it safe - only Crab's post lured me out eventually.

How doomed did you think you were after they went down?

pretty doomed. didn't think it would end like this at all. plus a lot of shitty things happened around that time (some of which still are happening) - I actually was talking to mattyG about leaving the game even before Mak and OA fell...

Palmer_v1

lol, I thought about outing myself too yesterday (at the start of the day), but I still wasn't entirely convinced that you were then't the UI who came up with the best cover story ever. I wanted to play it safe - only Crab's post lured me out eventually.

That would mean I knew you were a Hutt somehow almost immediately. I'm too lazy to go back, but I tried to drop several hints in Day 1 about you, when I wasn't sure what team you were on, and didn't know if your role would hint at my existence. I wish I was that good. I know I lucked my way through a few things too.

YesNo is on crazy Australian timetables, isn't he? Come vote Matt Attack for us and we'll make you an honoroary Bounty Hunter.

Oh, speaking of which, I feel like Johnny and I will be the only ones with a truly happy ending, since I'm technically only keeping you alive so I can deliver you to someone else for a bounty after this. You still win, but I am going to immediately knock you out.

MattyG

Banned
Since you all seem to have realized the inevitability of the situation, let me just leave this here:

Rules said:
7. Players may bring a day phase to an end immediately without detaining by voting for

VOTE: No Detain

As with voting, please put the command in a separate line.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
But I want to get them to kill each other for our amusement!

Vote: No Detain

Do we have to wait through another 2-day Night phase as well?

If the relevant conditions are met, the game would end immediately.

Palmer_v1

No. Considering the situation, it will be expedited.

^that too.

Yay!

It's been fun, MattyG! I look forward to seeing the other threads as well as whatever commentary you and Crab will post!

I can't imagine how long this might have gone if the Thief died right away instead of the armorers.

LoC totally killed Swamped, right?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
R.I.P. one of you poor souls. I sorta feel bad YesNo didn't get a chance to post today.

It's R.I.P. both of them - even if there are town left at the end of the game, they're not considered alive if mafia wins. :p

MattyG

Banned
Listen to this in the background as you read (mobile data warning!)

The remaining two Rebels shiver in their shelter, both from the cold, harsh Tatooine night, and the fear of knowing that they have no chance of survival.

The faint sound of footsteps begin in the distance. First, it sounds as though it is coming from the west. Slowly, as they grow closer, a second set of footsteps begins to the east.

They are coming.

Raindoc, the Thief bursts through the tent flap. He lunges toward YesNOnoNOYes, the Ordinary Rebel with a vibrolance over his head. Pinned to the ground and gasping for breath, they utter one final word to their Ordinary Rebel companion, Matt Attack.

"Run".

While Raindoc finishes what they started with YesNOnoNOYes, Matt Attack tears out of the tent. They don't know where they are going, but only that they need to get away. The suns are just beginning to peek over the horizon, so they speed off in that direction.

No sooner do they reach the edge of the now empty camp however, than the second pair of footsteps pick up speed. Stalking beind Matt Attack at a brisk pace is Palmer_V1, the Bounty Hunter, clad in the dusty armour they had buried in their tent for the past nine days.

Against the growing light of the suns, Matt Attack sees a faint shadow quickly speeding toward the camp. Matt Attack frantically waves their arms above their head, praying that they will be saved by this mysterious ship.

Palmer_V1 slows their pace, eventually coming to a complete stop. Thinking their lucky day has finally come, Matt Attack continutes on for almost a mile more, beginning to laugh at their fortune...

...Until the sillhouette becomes more defined against the rising suns.

Matt Attack watches in horror as the one TIE fighter is followed by two, which becomes four, which quickly becomes a full fleet speeding towards the camp. Matt Attack turns heel and runs back from where they came, hoping to get close enough to the Bounty Hunter and the Hutt to at least ensure their safety for another few minutes.

The last thing they ever see is a sea of green all around them and the scream of the TIE fighter fleet overhead.

The Hutts and the Bounty Hunter have won.

The survivors are:

Raindoc, the Thief

Welcome!

You are a Thief.

You are aligned with the Hutt Mob.

Mob-wide message and instructions: Your partners are Makai and OceanicAir. Each night phase, one of the Mob-aligned players may kill one of the non-Mob-aligned players by PMing me with the command KILL: MattyG. This action will be associated with the player who sent the PM. You may also communicate with other Mob-aligned players at the QuickTopic board found here.

Also, there are two Hutt Mob-aligned players who do not know your identities and cannot secretly converse with you, but will work towards your cause. You don't know their identities either, so be careful not to lynch them!

Player specific message and instructions: Someone’s been handing out items to the survivors of the crash. To some they’ve given blasters, to others they’ve given personal shields. A blaster or shield in the hands of a Rebel could be disastrous to the mission. Your job: try to find who has these items and remove them from their person. Once during each night phase, you can attempt to steal an item from a player of your choice. To do so, PM me the command STEAL: MattyG. If they have an item, that item will be taken from them and given to you, although you may not use that item in the same night that you stole it. If they do not have an item, then nothing will happen - but your actions may still be tracked.

You win when Hutt Mob-aligned players are at least half of the remaining players.

Palmer_V1, the Bounty Hunter

Welcome!

You are a Bounty Hunter.

You are neutral.

It started out as just a routine bounty, but those damned Imperials just had to complicate things. Of course, it wasn’t going to be simple in the first place, given that you were told to keep the target alive. “No disintegration,” the client had told you. No matter what, you need to keep Raindoc alive. To do so, you can protect Raindoc during a total of 3 night phases by sending me a PM with the command PROTECT. Any more than 3 times though, and people may begin to get suspicious of you. During the day, you must use your cunning to convince the others of Raindoc’s innocence, no matter what you may discover about their allegiances.

You win when Raindoc survives the game and his faction wins.

Links to the private forums:

Combat buddies

Hutts

Awards

Best Hutt: Raindoc
Raindoc played this game exceptionally well, not only because he won, but because he did so with his entire team dead and while also dealing with difficult situations outside of the game. What's even more incredible is that he had the towns almost total trust until the very last day!

Best Rebel scum: Blargonaut
I think we all know why Blarg is getting a Best award. Their antics in the early game served to both entertain and held deeper meaning in the context of the game. I never thought I'd see MS Paint image with a twisty straw and MGSV references in a Mafia game, but Balrg made it happen.

Special mentions: AbsolutBro and CzarTim
AbsolutBro gets a special mention for maintining their cover for nearly the entire game, and CzarTim did a great job at keeping discussion alive and insightful.

BEST PLAYER: Palmer_V1
Palmer kept up the great work from last game with insightful posts and really great detective work. Not only this, but he also won with probably the hardest role we've had yet in GAF Mafia. When Kark, Crab and I were designing the games, I don't think any of us thought Palmer would make it. But when Palmer was assigned the role, I knew that if anyone would make it, it'd be him.

I hope everyone enjoyed the game! You all played great and it was a joy to watch this crazy game unfold! Thank you so much for playing, and I hope we can keep this little community of ours going to many seasons to come!

oVZEhd1.png

Top Bottom