• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Money in the Bank '17 |OT| It's A New Day!(One) Yes It Is!(H)

HeavenlyE

This is the best promo Jinder's ever cut. Man, he's not forcing anything he's just speaking form his heart. Yeah, keep this shit up. Keep THIS Jinder on.

It's the same thing with Baron Corbin, I think he's great on talking smack but on smackdown I can't stand to hear him talk

Let's be honest: if Nakamura, Styles, Zayn, or Owens had won, they would have been booked the same as every other non-Cena/RVD/Kane briefcase holder and lose every match before winning the case, and every match between the moment after winning the case and the moment before cashing it in

Don't believe me? Corbin was the favorite going in specifically because he kept losing right before this.

GunBR

This is the best promo Jinder's ever cut. Man, he's not forcing anything he's just speaking form his heart. Yeah, keep this shit up. Keep THIS Jinder on.
In Talking Smack he doesn't need to follow a script

In SD he will go back to "I'm indian, Americans are dumb. Now I'm gonna talk in a language that less than 3% of people in India understand"

Yeah, I don't see Bliss dropping the belt.

She'll drop it eventually. I think people overestimate how many true favorites Vince has. Most of the people he likes now, he'll cool off on in six months. First it was Eva who Vince loved and would be pushed to the top forever. Then it was Dana. Now it's Alexa. Vince's favor comes and goes for most people. Unless you're Roman or Cena level.

I know people hate him, but I like seeing Jinder as champ, and no not ironically. It's that whole being shit on your whole career that you're finally at the top aspect to it and you finally made it.

cordy

Banned
It's the same thing with Baron Corbin, I think he's great on talking smack but on smackdown I can't stand to hear him talk

I agree.

And man I'm loving this Booker T/Corbin thing going on. Man, Booker hyping dude up like a fight promoter this shit is genius.

Syder

Gonna have to go ahead and say that was the worst PPV of the Year so far. It had no redeeming qualities except maybe Jinder and Randy being surprisingly watchable.

Usually WWE PPVs are bad because they're boring and unoriginal but this one was just insulting in many ways.

Is Mike Bennett any good in the ring? Or is it a case of 'yeah, we really only want your wife but we'll bring you along to'.
He's fine but it's the latter.

If we're comparing everything to Omega and Okada, we'll never have a good match ever again.

The match was really good up to that point, then they lost a lot of steam due to stupid decisions. Omega and Okada are clearly great performers, but what made the match so good was everything made sense within the stupid wrestling narrative, they built on the stupid intricacies of wrestling and actually kept to the logic. Okada the missing rainmaker would have been stupid as fuck in outside of wrestling, but when you have a promotion built on fighting spirit and not selling offence to nail big moves then dying, having a dude avoid a finisher due to him collapsing then having the guy using the move fly to the other corner of the ring due to his momentum then be dead was so good and made perfect sense.

People being dead for as long as required for the booking is as stupid as Rec where people turned into zombies days after infection at the start of the film then turned in a matter of minutes for dramatic effect.

Jashobeam

Gonna have to go ahead and say that was the worst PPV of the Year so far. It had no redeeming qualities except maybe Jinder and Randy being surprisingly watchable.

Usually WWE PPVs are bad because they're boring and unoriginal but this one was just insulting in many ways.

He's fine but it's the latter.

i dunno, AJ / Nakamura faceoff had me marking out big time

DISCO INFERNO MENTION?!

She'll drop it eventually. I think people overestimate how many true favorites Vince has. Most of the people he likes now, he'll cool off on in six months. First it was Eva who Vince loved and would be pushed to the top forever. Then it was Dana. Now it's Alexa. Vince's favor comes and goes for most people. Unless you're Roman or Cena level.
But this is different. Dana and Eva never touched the belt. Dana's push stopped before it even started. Plus I guarantee if Eva never got suspended, she'd have gotten the belt at some point. Alexa has been in the title scene practically since she got to the main roster which has almost been a year. From the Backlash build up last year to right now, she's never been away from the belt, either as champ or fighting for it.

But this is different. Dana and Eva never touched the belt. Dana's push stopped before it even started. Plus I guarantee if Eva never got suspended, she'd have gotten the belt at some point. Alexa has been in the title scene practically since she got to the main roster which has almost been a year. From the Backlash build up last year to right now, she's never been away from the belt, either as champ or fighting for it.

And that's fine. I'm sure she'll be a main event woman for most of her career, but it always has and always will ebb and flow. She'll hold the title for a while, then she'll have time away from it. It's how these things work.

And that's fine. I'm sure she'll be a main event woman for most of her career, but it always has and always will ebb and flow. She'll hold the title for a while, then she'll have time away from it. It's how these things work.
I suppose. We'll see when she loses the belt, whenever that is.

For the record I'm fine with Alexa having the belt. It's the clean win monster booking stuff which is the issue.

I suppose. We'll see when she loses the belt, whenever that is.

For the record I'm fine with Alexa having the belt. It's the clean win monster booking stuff which is the issue.

I'm fucking ecstatic she's getting clean wins because god forbid we have a heel champ who looks like they can actually win big matches.

I really don't get why people hate Corbin. He's the antithesis of everybody's ideas of a fantastic wrestler in that he doesn't have a great bod and he hasn't spent years in the indies. However, he has a natural presence, when he's unscripted he has a natural charisma and in the ring he's a natural despite his lack of experience.

Low standards are a wonderful thing for fans. I'm jealous. My life would be easier if I could say baron Corbin is entertaining.

His chokeslam tonight was better than any spot Taker's done in the last 5 years. The dude still has shotcomings but he's a natural.

I'm not a big fan of Sami either, but if I had to pick between the two, I'd go with El Generico.

What's your issue with Sami?

I really don't get why people hate Corbin. He's the antithesis of everybody's ideas of a fantastic wrestler in that he doesn't have a great bod and he hasn't spent years in the indies. However, he has a natural presence, when he's unscripted he has a natural charisma and in the ring he's a natural despite his lack of experience.

His chokeslam tonight was better than any spot Taker's done in the last 5 years. The dude still has shotcomings but he's a natural.

I just don't see it. He's bland, boring, dull. Sure he' good on Talking Smack, but he needs to bring that to the actual main show, we need to see him do that on Smackdown.

GunBR

I'm fucking ecstatic she's getting clean wins because god forbid we have a heel champ who looks like they can actually win big matches.
With Jinder also winning clean tonight, I hope that WWE is going to finally stop with the "Heels always win the belt cheating" rule

It works great for guys like Miz, but have a fighting heel is good sometimes

Top Bottom