• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Money in the Bank '17 |OT| It's A New Day!(One) Yes It Is!(H)

mTyFGn6.png

Oh Daniel.....

Hex

Banned
People on twitter are pissed

Well here is my view....
If they were going to go fucktarded with the finish, do not push the shit as historic.
DO not do pre-match vignettes, do not do all this shit about history being made.
You just shit on history.

If it was just another match, of if it was the second or third MITB, so be it.

Or you know, since youre GM, you could have come down to the ring and restarted the match :p

Not here

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Usos and New Day trying to shoot kill each other???

Whooop di doo unless they give us another ladder match.

I told you, they are going to make her defend it in a match. Where she'll win in a BS way, probably because of Ellsworth again, and they'll move on.

Or she'll cash it in tonight so they don't have time to enforce consequences on her.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Lana wins, Carmella cashes in, wins the title, says to Shane on Tuesday when he inevitably says she didn't win it fairly that there's nothing he can do about it since she already cashed in. Shane says Carmella must defend her title at Battleground in a eight way elimination match.

BECAUSE WE NEED MORE MULTIWOMAN MATCHES EVERY PPV!

This is probably what happens since half the roster they dont trust in a singles match in a PPV setting.

ReiGun

WWE probably loves that. They think "look, Carmella will get heat" when actually the heat is just "WWE sucks, stop watching this".

Yup. It's the "long as you're reacting, we won" mentality.

There are probably a thousand ways they could have booked a fuckery finish that didn't shit all over the match. But they wanted to piss people off. So here we are.

Whooop di doo unless they give us another ladder match.

It has already been ruined even if they do. The best resolution would be something along the lines of Becky getting a singles match vs Elsworth and him jobbing to her despite Carmella's efforts to interfere, showing the world she could do better than AJ did when he was champ. But that's not going to happen.

Well here is my view....
If they were going to go fucktarded with the finish, do not push the shit as historic.
DO not do pre-match vignettes, do not do all this shit about history being made.

Exactly. Don't invoke every historic women wrestlers ever and then do that finish

can't address shit if they cash in before you say shit!

With the wording of addressing it on SD live I'm almost thinking this immediate cash in approach before it can be revoked has to be the story as to why they let the cash in roll instead of it being the much more sensible fake out ending that gets the match restarted..
Surely...SURELY

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Well here is my view....

Not here

Not to mention its the opening match and its left the crowd kinda cold.

Pizoxuat

Well here is my view....

Absolutely agree with all this. If it wasn't the first it would be a gross heel move, but it wouldn't make me want to stop watching.

Cairax

Neo Member
One match being good for the women doesn't mean WWE have an excuse to then fuck around with another match because hey, we did it once before, why treat the women with respect a second time around
It's classic heel wrestling 101. Taking this shit way too serious. There will be other women's mitb matches. It was "historic" that it even took place.

Well here is my view....

Not here

Tbf now thinking about it, that's why all those videos were so historic and nostalgic - so this reaction is ten fold.

Playing us

geomon

Well here is my view....

I agree and that's pretty much the sentiment going on. Imagine if they pulled this shit for the Women's Hell in a Cell.

Well here is my view....

The entire purpose of pushing it as historic was to feed into the expectation and then make James and Carmella dishonourable scumbags

Its a fine ending and I dont see the point in forcing this historic moment marketing junk as anything meaningful

Having the entire roster in a ladder match is a giant gimmick anyway and it will be forgotten because the match wasn't anything to begin with.

It doesnt have to be historic and respected just because its a first ever.

One day we'll have a proper ladder match Im sure, but I cant find myself caring about this as a historic moment when only 2 of those stars are worth their salt and the rest are pretty whatever

Hopefully it benefits Carmella into being a top heel since everyone else they have is far away from being a proper villain

Brinbe

Their any reaction is a good reaction bullshit is what's killing their viewership. Crappy characters, lame, formulaic matches, terrible/nonsense booking. It's amazing that they have all the time in the world to script this shit out and actually build a compelling, long-form entertaining product and it's all on-the-fly mediocre lazy bullshit.

Their any reaction is a good reaction bullshit is what's killing their viewership. Crappy characters, lame, formulaic matches, terrible/nonsense booking. It's amazing that they have all the time in the world to script this shit out and actually build a compelling, long-form entertaining product and it's all on-the-fly mediocre lazy bullshit.

I'm almost certain they don't actually believe that "any reaction is good reaction". They just say that because they want to justify their shitty storytelling and laziness.

Same thing when they say "ratings don't matter".

Anth0ny

Steph just tweeted:

Regardless of the outcome, I'm so proud of @MsCharlotteWWE @TaminaSnuka @CarmellaWWE @BeckyLynchWWE & @NatbyNature for making history #MITB

they don't give a fuck. they made history. that's the end of it.

If Carmella doesn't cash in, it'll probably lead to her vs Becky since Becky nearly had the match won until Ellsworth's interruption.

Really I'm disappointed we didn't get Charlotte throwing herself off a ladder.
You know she asked to do a moonsault off the ladder but got told no.

Top Bottom