• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE SummerSlam 2013 |OT| The Spontaneous Combustion of Bryan Danielson & Cena Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

WWE got me to order a PPV again! Power of August!

Can't WAIT for Punk vs Lesnar. I was kind of lukewarm to Lesnar coming back considering how it was handled. But I know he and Punk will put on a great match.

I'm excited to see what Bryan and Cena do. Cena is really good, but he needs to be paired with someone that can bring out the best in him. I'm confident Bryan will be able to do this just as well as Punk has in the past.

If Bray Wyatt vs Kane is an Inferno match, I may try to find a way to buy this PPV twice. In my opinion, it would make this card the most interesting WWE PPV card in years.

Damien Sandow has been absolutely on fire lately. It amazes me how into his character he is. Cody has consistently been one of my favorite guys, and is long due for a main event push. I'm very invested in this match and I'm curious to see where they go with it.

Shield match looks fun. I'll probably enjoy Del Rio vs Christian even though the crowd will likely be completely silent apart from the Christian Courtesy Clap.

I don't know if this is just coincidence or if HHH's influence is making this big an impact so soon. Whatever it is, I'm excited about WWE again which is a big change from the Wrestlemania build up where I couldn't have cared less and stopped watching completely. Here's hoping Summerslam doesn't disappoint.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bryan wins, Orton cashes in and wins the title off him.

Nah, that's too predictable.

Cena wins.

Bryan wins, Cena then AA's him through 3 different tables and the SAT then calls out Orton to pin Bryan and he obliges.

PPV ends with Cena's music.

hes a face though, he shouldnt have anything goofy on him

The top face in the company is drawing sympathy through unkempt facial hair. Also eyepatches aren't goofy and the more I think about it the more I want to see it happen. Have Sandow gouge him in the eye on Sunday and make this real WWE.

Apparently the Kane/Wyatt match isn't actually an Inferno Match but literally a Ring of Fire match. As in it's a standard match with pinfall but with the ring surrounded by flames.

That... actually sounds kind of cool and it's a nice way to keep Bray isolated from the Family to show him off as a singles dude.

Striker

Either Dolph vs Big E or Dolph/Kaitlyn vs Big E/AJ mixed tag
In the last few months of 2012 and at the Rumble, he looked great and was showcased as much. Pinning Orton as the last fall in the Survivor Series match, defeating Cena in a ladder match at the TLC PPV, and lasting 45+ mins in the Rumble. But after that it is been fairly dry for him and little action in development. The concussion was one thing but it wasn't all that even without it. Seems like they're wasting him on minor things.

And I'm gonna guess Ziggler and Kaitlyn go over. Ziggler is higher on the ladder and can be elevated easily if they were ever to push him properly. And Kaitlyn's basically lost everything ever since her title loss.

Showaddy

The top face in the company is drawing sympathy through unkempt facial hair. Also eyepatches aren't goofy and the more I think about it the more I want to see it happen. Have Sandow gouge him in the eye on Sunday and make this real WWE.

That... actually sounds kind of cool and it's a nice way to keep Bray isolated from the Family to show him off as a singles dude.

Yeah it does make a lot of sense bearing in mind:

a) PG = No one being set on fire.
b) Kane mentioned in his promo that Bray's family wouldn't be able to save him.
c) It'd still stand out and work with both wrestlers gimmicks.

BFIB

How it should happen:

Bryan beats Cena clean. Orton cashes in MITB, and Bryan beats Orton clean.

How it will happen:

Bryan beats Cena after interference. After the match, Bryan is also taken out. Orton cashes in and wins the WWE Title. Cena then challenges Orton while Bryan has a small feud with whoever it is that interfered and beat him down.

gurudyne

In the last few months of 2012 and at the Rumble, he looked great and was showcased as much. Pinning Orton as the last fall in the Survivor Series match, defeating Cena in a ladder match at the TLC PPV, and lasting 45+ mins in the Rumble. But after that it is been fairly dry for him and little action in development. The concussion was one thing but it wasn't all that even without it. Seems like they're wasting him on minor things.

That's because creative can't follow up worth a damn. His late 2012/early 2013 booking was horrible outside of the PPVs. I think he managed one win total in that time which, considering he faced Cena for a large chunk of it, shouldn't come as a total surprise. The bad part was it was John Cena at his No-Sell-ing-est. Worst one was that cage match vs ZiggELee. I think Cena might have sold more in the WM ME than he did in that match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They still watch American wrestling

tumblr_mqyhidQfaX1qhjbxeo10_250.gif

Bloodwake

I climbed aboard the hype train for this PPV the very first RAW after MITB. Hopefully WWE does the right thing and gives Bryan the belt. Also, let's hold off on the Orton cash in and give Bryan a title reign.

jmdajr

I don't know. What if they hold off the title reign and give him a Royal rumble win?

I mean after you pin Cena clean there is like nothing left to achieve.

Like nothing.

It's like beating God in Xenogears.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I don't know. What if they hold off the title reign and give him a Royal rumble win?

I mean after you pin Cena clean there is like nothing left to achieve.

Like nothing.

It's like beating God in Xenogears.

Punk will win the Rumble and win the title at Mania.

McNei1y

I love Dbry and still love the theorized
Orton heel turning after Bryan victory
scenario but I am most hyped for Punk vs Brock. Best vs Beast. Yes! Yes! Yes!

Cesaro really needs a push soon.

jmdajr

WWE has released the following WWE SummerSlam AXXESS details:

General Admission Tickets - $25*

General Admission sessions
Saturday, August 17 — 11 a.m.
The Miz, Jack Swagger, Zeb Colter, Antonio Cesaro, Curtis Axel, Paul Heyman, The Wyatt Family, Mick Foley, Damien Sandow, Jerry “the King” Lawler, and more!

Saturday, August 17 — 4 p.m.
Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Fandango, Summer Rae, Booker T, The Bellas, AJ, Big E, Zack Ryder, R-Truth, The Funkadactyls and more!

Sunday, August 18 — 11 a.m.
Rob Van Dam, Christian, The Usos, Kaitlyn, “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase, Brodus Clay, Zack Ryder, Justin Gabriel, Tensai, Rosa, Tamina, and more!

Limited VIP Tickets - $95*
VIP Tickets include:
- (1) 8x10 glossy photo of the appearing Superstar
- (1) Autograph and professional photo with the appearing VIP Superstar
- Exclusive VIP line at the event entrance

VIP sessions
Saturday, August 17
Session 1
Meet WWE Superstars The Shield 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Meet WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Meet WWE Superstar Alberto Del Rio 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Meet WWE Superstar Sheamus 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.

Session 2
Meet WWE Superstar Ryback 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Meet WWE Superstar Big Show 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Meet WWE Superstar Randy Orton 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Meet WWE Superstar Kane 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.

Sunday, August 18
Meet WWE Superstar Mark Henry 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Meet WWE Superstar Rey Mysterio 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Meet WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.

Limited Premium VIP Tickets - $150*
Premium VIP Tickets include:
- (1) SummerSlam Axxess Premium VIP commemorative ticket
- (1) Special matted Premium VIP Superstar photo
- (1) Autograph and professional photo with the appearing Premium VIP Superstar
- Exclusive VIP line at the event entrance

Premium VIP sessions
Saturday, August 17
Session 1
Meet WWE Superstar John Cena 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.

Session 2
Meet WWE Superstar Triple H 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Meet WWE Superstar CM Punk 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.

VIP to see Ryback? Heck you can see Mick Foley and RVD for "free"(no VIP)

Nice to see PUNK get the honor of Premium. D. Bry you are almost there!

Shitting on Sting is a bannable offense.
There is no Sting, there is just a guy who rips off a famous musician for his name, rips off famous movie characters for his personality, and rips off Bret Hart (sometimes, lol, Phineas Godwinn) for his finisher. I'm shitting on a half-broken Xerox machine.

There is no Sting, there is just a guy who rips off a famous musician for his name, rips off famous movie characters for his personality, and rips off Bret Hart (sometimes, lol, Phineas Godwinn) for his finisher. I'm shitting on a half-broken Xerox machine.

Sting took the Scorpion Deathlock from Riki Choshu who invented the move, but at least he had the decency to name it after Choshu - its original name is Sasori-gatame, or Scorpion Hold, and Sting was using it before Bret in the late 80's.

Also, Surfer Sting rules and you know it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak_uY6KiFN4

Yeah but he never sold out to Vince McMahon.

Sting is the old best, and Daniel Bryan is the new best.

I've fully prepared myself for Orton cashing in but I don't give a shit, seeing Daniel Bryan as WWE Champion even for a second is worth it!

Having said that, I think he's earned so much more, maybe D-Bry wins the Rumble and gets a bigger 'revenge' moment at WM.

Oh well, I'M GONNA ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS, NOW IS THE MOMENT.

tumblr_m4rxpltQhL1qgvr4ko1_250.gif

Cena beats Bryan clean. Orton cashes in and wins the title reigniting their classic feud.

Bryan feuds with Barret. Beard vs Beard

strobogo

Banned
Saturday, August 17 — 4 p.m.
Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Fandango, Summer Rae, Booker T, The Bellas, AJ, Big E, Zack Ryder, R-Truth, The Funkadactyls and more!

Uh, did anyone else find it weird that all but 3 of the black people on the roster are all grouped together on the same day?

Also, Vince has randomly hated Cena a number of times over the past decade. It never made sense besides "Vince feuds with top babyface, just because".

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Anyone know if they will be doing another video game reveal/conference this year for that Axess? Say what you will about THQ, they do well in setting that up plus the CM Punk and Stone Cold segment.

Sunday, August 18 — 11 a.m.
Rob Van Dam, Christian, The Usos, Kaitlyn, “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase, Brodus Clay, Zack Ryder, Justin Gabriel, Tensai, Rosa, Tamina, and more!

Huh, Ted DiBiase and Rosa are still employed.

Enfinit

I believe he's just coming off an injury and he's lingering around waiting for creative to give him something. He guy's a decent wrestler, with a new gimmick he'd be a great mid-carder.

As far as Rosa goes... WWE can use all the Divas they can get. The ones they have now are pathetic. AJ vs. Kaitlyn can't last forever.

Anyone know if they will be doing another video game reveal/conference this year for that Axess? Say what you will about THQ, they do well in setting that up plus the CM Punk and Stone Cold segment.

Million Dollar Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom