• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately, I think my biggest disappointment was Nagito. Nagito was being built up in such an interesting way - where by the end of Danganronpa 2, the game suggests that Nagito was crazy and evil before Junko ever came along. Danganronpa 3 gave extra hope to this with his plot to blow up the school, but ultimately, it never paid off. I mean, the ending was his goal! He wanted to see two hopes clashing! And he didn't even have a closing line, like "so that's what hope versus hope looks like..."

Told y'all that
Kirigiri wasn't dead and that Nagito wasn't behind anything.

Not gonna lie, I liked this episode for the Class 77 hype. The fight scene got a couple laughs out of me. The ending was just your generic anime happy ending, something something about bonds and friendship and eating lots of food, but what are you gonna do? At least on the surface...

Is the DR2 cast even well off? They protected the FF with that video, but now the rest of the world will see continue to see them as the bad guys. Realistically, isn't their future fucked? I'd like to see any of them in a job interview...who the hell is going to work with a REMNANT OF DESPAIR?

Munakata...dude should just kill himself, he pretty much lost everything minus a hopeful future lmao.

Finally, are those soldiers that watched the Hope video just mindfucked now? Cuz I'm pretty sure there's no reversal video or method.

You only told me that Nagito was the mastermind, I believed that Kyoko lived (because there was LOTS of foreshadowing)!

You can at least admit

That Nagito being the mastermind made LOTS of sense

Personally, didn't even fine the fan service too great.

I had a feeling the whole cast of DR2 was gonna show up alive in Hope, I mean the whole last episode was gonna be Hope so I imagine revealing the people that died didn't make it wouldn't feel so Hopeful. So I thought at the very least, we'd get something like cool team ups with the DR2 cast and the surviving DR1/UDG cast. Didn't even get that, it was all DR2 getting their moments. The best fan service part was honestly Nagito meeting Naegi and that was the only kinda crossover moment for the series. Sucks we didn't get more of that in the end.

ANYTHING would have made more sense than Tengan's nonsense plan that somehow almost worked.

Told y'all that
Kirigiri wasn't dead and that Nagito wasn't behind anything.

Not gonna lie, I liked this episode for the Class 77 hype. The fight scene got a couple laughs out of me. The ending was just your generic anime happy ending, something something about bonds and friendship and eating lots of food, but what are you gonna do? At least on the surface...

Is the DR2 cast even well off? They protected the FF with that video, but now the rest of the world will see continue to see them as the bad guys. Realistically, isn't their future fucked? I'd like to see any of them in a job interview...who the hell is going to work with a REMNANT OF DESPAIR?

Munakata...dude should just kill himself, he pretty much lost everything minus a hopeful future lmao.

Finally, are those soldiers that watched the Hope video just mindfucked now? Cuz I'm pretty sure there's no reversal video or method.

Why? It is like you missed the whole point the franchise has made so far.

Soriku

Why? It is like you missed the whole point the franchise has made so far.

I didn't, I feel like there were barely any positives to his conclusion. The anime didn't even want to outline what his future would look like, just mentioned something about a vague burden.

Whatever.

I didn't, I feel like there were barely any positives to his conclusion. The anime didn't even want to outline what his future would look like, just mentioned something about a vague burden.

Whatever.

Well, the hamfisted point is that regardless of the past, which you have to live with, you should always make way to your future. It was in DR1, it was in DR2 and it was in here.

Whatever.

He must atone for trusting his two friends when they told him Junko wasn't involved in the events during Despair Arc.

Wait,
I don't get Mikan's explanation. Did she revived everyone who was poisoned? So it wasn't only Kyoko?
Guess this finale was so so... the best part was the appearance of the 77th class, with Gundham finally removing the seal of his name lol

Permanently A

K I B O U

Fucken loved it.

Ryota stay garbage but the fanservice was great. Lost my shit at heterochromia Hajime and Nagito. Nice touch on DR2 characters being the heroes and Makoto taking a backseat. And Kirigiri was obviously alive, they can't include the bottle there for nothing. I do wish that the DR2 characters designs were slightly updated and that not the entire cast was there. Also no sore wa chigau yo :(

Permanently A

Wait,
I don't get Mikan's explanation. Did she revived everyone who was poisoned? So it wasn't only Kyoko?
Guess this finale was so so... the best part was the appearance of the 77th class, with Gundham finally removing the seal of his name lol

No, Kyoko drank this before being poisoned. The others didn't.

51f4zubymqjx.png

Except it
wasn't exactly Cure W but what was explained in Hope.
That's what was explained.

I guess I'm in the minority because I enjoyed the series for the most part.
After watching all the episodes I agree. The only things I didn't like were Munakata losing it so easily,
Kirigiri being revived (even if I liked her)
and of course the main thing being brainwashing the despairs. Otherwise I enjoyed it alot and am happy with it. The finale was awesome imo. Glad it turned out that way.
WTF at not using the despair designs tho.

Mendrox

Meh.

So why do only Nagito and Fuyuhiko still damage? Akane should look starved e.g. That is what was the worst for me. Also no pay off for Nagito...

It feels like they had different plans and at the half (where also delays started to happen) they changed it up because they didnt have enough time anymore.

Also
Mitarai being the kickstarter of the whole thing was the worst

I liked the fanservice though but still it hurts because so many people had different and awesome storys for the whole thing at the begininf.

Also who was the 16. participant?

Maebe

Ultimately, I think my biggest disappointment was Nagito. Nagito was being built up in such an interesting way - where by the end of Danganronpa 2, the game suggests that Nagito was crazy and evil before Junko ever came along. Danganronpa 3 gave extra hope to this with his plot to blow up the school, but ultimately, it never paid off. I mean, the ending was his goal! He wanted to see two hopes clashing! And he didn't even have a closing line, like "so that's what hope versus hope looks like..."

You only told me that Nagito was the mastermind, I believed that Kyoko lived (because there was LOTS of foreshadowing)!

You can at least admit

I couldn't see him as the mastermind of this particular because it 's too anti-teamwork. He'd want them working together and investigating from the start and would use the trial system imo. But I feel there was a lot of foreshadowing to him having a larger role, like in that episode he somehow knew everything Junko and Mukuro were up despite being away for a year and even came prepared with a gun as a "souvenir" from wherever he went. Like the writers had more plans they either forgot or didn't have time to do.

No, Kyoko drank this before being poisoned. The others didn't.

51f4zubymqjx.png

Except it
wasn't exactly Cure W but what was explained in Hope.
That's what was explained.

I was kinda sleepy during the part she explained so I'm sorry. So it only works if you drink before being poisoned? Why Seiko didn't know about that?

I guess I'm in the minority because I enjoyed the series for the most part.

You're not alone. With this ending , i'm satisified.

The DR1 cast is alright. The DR2 cast is alright . It ends on a bright note.
I'd say that they managed to end correctly but that was a messed up flight.

Now i can state my feeligns about danganronpa V3. It was OK . It wouldn't have worked if there wasn't 2 animes broadcasted that way and in the end it did solve most of the problems i had with the franchise.

Now danganronpa can reboot properly , I'm very happy
that they managed to put every character from the games that wasn't confirmed dead in a safe place

Danganronpa V3 : 7/10 ..it's alright as long as you don't overstress about danganronpa 0

Permanently A

I was kinda sleepy during the part she explained so I'm sorry. So it only works if you drink before being poisoned? Why Seiko didn't know about that?

Seiko developed a drug that would reduce the potency of the bracelet's poison. Seiko has this bottle in hand before she dies. Seiko didn't die by NG code but by brainwashing monitor so the drug doesn't change anything for her. Kirigiri finds the drug later and drinks it before her NG code triggers.

well, it's over.

man the DR2 cast sure have some formidable mental fortitude, able to act all happy and cheerful with the same gimmicks like they were back in class after the horrific things they should remember doing.

Tengen's plan really was that fucking stupid, nothing else to say here.

Kyoko being alive, yep I said before that this was time for Hagakure's vision to come true.

Raiden going off to take on the Patriots.

Hope that Nagito OVA gives him his deserved sendoff.(lol)

ok......just.....let's just move on to V3 already........

I mean I guess you could speculate that it was the case but is seems very convenient.
Look everyone is exactly the same as in the end of D2 except Nagito's hand. That paragraph in Dnganronpa 2 implied way deeper and more disturbing stuff than "Nagito stole Junko's hand and Gangster guy stole her eyes"
Updated designs would have gone a long way to show at least some consequences on the cast

This is probably one thing that most disappointed me. The characters looked just as fresh and new as when they were in school years ago, with no signs of the body modification or any wounds from fighting while despair (aside from Hinata's eye, Kuzuryu's scar, and Nagito's hand). Like, I wasn't expecting super huge revisions but it would have been nice to see at least minor changes or new costumes or something to kind of set them apart from their before despair selves.

Well, we only ever saw her try it for the first time on Bandai right after he got poisoned, so she wouldn't have known it's efficacy until then. After that she never got a chance to use it again. I also thought MIkan implied Seiko had worked on the formula a little during the killing game, but I might have been misunderstanding the subs.

ChrisD

So Hinata is now
HajIzuAki
, huh?

I'm not gonna' lie, I know there's probably a bunch of stuff that could easily be picked apart, and there's probably plenty of people angry at
how happy everything most turned out to be
, but I really liked this episode. It was GOOD (imo) fanservice for DR2 pretty much through-and-through... And I love it for that.

I wanted to say I'm annoyed that
Kyoko lived
, but you know what? Whatever, man. It was a weak death that really didn't carry as much weight as a mainline death should carry solely due to how stupid the circumstances were. This feels like Kodaka's atonement for that, lol.

And
Chiaki is my favorite character in DR2. "That's just because muh waifu", yadda yadda -- I'm really glad that she's dead. I do still feel Kirigiri got a cop-out, but it doesn't change things anywhere near as much as Chiaki living would have. That would absolutely just be done to please the hardcore Nanami fans + The DR2 cast would feel like they got a completely rosey ending without that staying as it did.

Lastly (though I could go on longer, typing on this is bothersome, lol), Nagito didn't have nearly enough screen time, but what he did get was great. He was the hype entrance, and he had a small Nagito moment(TM) fangirling over Naegi. And... Well, that was about it. Which sucks.

I thought it was a good ending.
Too happy for some, probably. But it's sort of shocking in and of itself that a DR game ended in pretty much everyone having a good end. It's like a plot twist of sorts in its own way.

Permanently A

God there are so many plotholes already but a new one pops up now that
Kyoko is alive

had mikan not been there kyoko would still be in her coma because she didn't tell anyone about her plan. they all thought she was dead, no one knew they needed to help her

I'm sad that Seiko didn't live though. Like someone said, the fact that Munakata and Mitarai are the only new characters to survive is just kinda crappy and goes against a series that has often had surprise survivors.

In 1, everyone besides Makoto, Kyoko, and KIND OF Byakuya was a bit of a surprise. Yasuhiro had victim plastered across his face, Toko was crazy, and Asahina in some ways seemed like she could be another Sayaka.

In 2, the only character besides Hajime that I was sure would survive was Fuyuhiko.

Here? Nada. It's just the ones that mattered. No Seiko, no Bandai, no Great Gozu, no Ruruka, no Izayoi. You couldn't let us have just one out-of-left-field survivor? Like, I dunno, the best character Seiko? You can even have a reason for her survival from a storytelling POV, so that she can observe the impact of her life's work.

God there are so many plotholes already but a new one pops up now that
Kyoko is alive

had mikan not been there kyoko would still be in her coma because she didn't tell anyone about her plan. they all thought she was dead, no one knew they needed to help her

That's not a plot hole, it's closer to a deus ex machina

JediLink

Well I liked it.
I have no problems with the DR2 cast all being alive and returning to their former selves. To me that means the New World Program worked and did what it was supposed to do, even despite Monokuma's meddling.

I think Kirigiri's fake death was well executed. I legitimately thought she was dead until right at the end, and her boot stepped into the frame that I was so relieved that I cried a bit.

I liked the Despair arc a lot. I liked seeing Nagito being Nagito. His plot to blow up the school just to postpone exams was hilarious and perfectly like him. I liked seeing that Chiaki was actually once a real person, and even though it was awful to watch her die again, her unbreakable determination just made me love her even more. Also I have no problem with the whole brainwashing thing angle. In fact I think it's about the most believable way something as absurd as The Tragedy could have happened.

The Future/Hope arc suffers from being strangely pointless but I thought it was a fun ride nonetheless. And really, that's all I ask from Danganronpa. I never saw this series as being anything smart or thought-provoking - the premise and style are just too ridiculous for that ever to be possible. To me it's more like a kind of turn-your-brain-off thrill ride and Danganronpa 3 delivered on that.

For whatever it's worth though, I just marathoned the entire series in the last two days, not reading anything about it as I was going.

Was ok with the ending. It was pretty lacklustre for a finale and was disappointed how class 77 looked the exact same minus a character or two. Still hate Mikan but glad class 77 got some screen time even if it wasn't the best.

Stalk

Too much time spent on the killing game overall, and the lacking motivation, not enough time spent actually developing the ending.

Honestly the part that killed it for me was Munakata's fight scene.

I didn't hate this as much as everyone else but the story reached the half way point and just kinda lost steam.

Literally NOTHING came out from Tenga's words about the Kamakura project.

I'm almost convinced this shit wasn't planned out and they keep shoving shit. There was no reason for Monokuma, he was barely used; why the flying fuck Monoka already knew about the killing game and infiltrated? Unless she was already spying then and wanted to see what Tengan was doing.

Why the fuck Ryota was even in the building if he wasn't planned to be there.

We didn't see the remnants in action before NWP unless you count the few seconds in the first episode. We don't know what Makoto and Izuru talked about in that building. Monaka in space, OK.

The mutilation was retconned or just, once again ZZZZZZZZZ, Junko lied etc.

FUCK
mindblown.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom