• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 getting Necromancer (paid), remaking Diablo 1 in D3, new zones (free)

Stasis

This will probably draw me back in. Not the necro alone, but a new zone and D1 remake... all of it can do that. Plus I haven't played the last update.

I need some ARPG action. TQ Anniversary was fun, Grim Dawn is fun, but I need more.

Was still hoping for a D2 remake on it's own, not in the D3 engine/environment, but D1 within D3 has potential.

I'm not disappointed, but not SUPER excited. I'm... cautiously optimistic.

elfinke

Two possibilities....

1. You are a cheater.

or

2. you have 3 diablo 3 playing friends.

Because anything other than playing this game with those 2 options is a complete fucking shit show of epic proportions and Blizzard should be ashamed.

Fucking lol at this.

D3 on console is a glorious good time, for the player base that isn't on the cutting edge of builds and runs yaddayadda.

A chance to play D1 sounds good, too, especially if it basically means I can play the PS1 version of D1 on PS4. Crappy frame rate and all!

You can be a shill and work for a cause directly earning money, do have no awareness of politics or the revolving door between congress and corporations.

A shill makes some appearance to appear seperate, to have interests independent of the company. Blues aren't shills. Community Managers are very fucking openly PR gladhanders.

There is zero fucking deception on their part. No concealed intent.

Edit: I'm sorry I shouldn't be tearing a strip like this for word choice. I get your meaning.

It was sarcasm for whoever said Diablo 2 wasn't scary. Duriel scared the fuck out of me when I first fought him.

Diablo 2 wasn't ever really scary, but damn spooky and more then a few times. Did i not want to go to certain dungeons and area's. Without back up.

You don't speak for me.

I never played Diablo 1 and will finally if this comes to consoles.Necromancer looks interesting.

So naive. The Diablo 1 experience in Diablo 3 won't be remotely anything like the original game. This is an example of Diablo 1.

Butcher.jpg

A couple of shitty filters over Diablo 3's art style isn't recreating shit like this.

Calcium

Banned
"We ran out of ideas and lore, so we're making an expansion out of Diablo 1 at a low price of $79.99!"

The original game stuff is free. It's only the Necromancer that you have to pay for. So for the low price of $79.99 you can have a new class that is kind of different to one already in the game.

Maximus.

"We ran out of ideas and lore, so we're making an expansion out of Diablo 1 at a low price of $79.99!"

Well they said it was free...so yea not remotely funny.

Disappointed Blizzard does not want to start something new for Diablo. Well they probably are and this may just be an interim solution to have people still thinking about the franchise. I don't see enough here to get me to come back yet though.

Oppo

So naive. The Diablo 1 experience in Diablo 3 won't be remotely anything like the original game. This is an example of Diablo 1.

Butcher.jpg

A couple of shitty filters over Diablo 3's art style isn't recreating shit like this.

good. that image is muddy as fuck. i can barely even resolve the figures.

fwiw a loop of Butcher's attack animation would be similarly uninspired.

Their work experience doesn't define their design paradigm.
You're be surprised. Especially in regards to doing what they know and or are more conformable with. Since most i'm sure are employed by Blizzard previous on other projects it's a snake eating it's own tail.

Butcher.jpg

I have no nastosia over the Diablo series. I played 3 on PS4 and like it for what it was. If they change the art direction of Diablo 1 it doesn't bother me. If this gets patched in on PS4 or sold or whatever the hell they'll do for consoles I'll give it a shot.

Bl@de

Butcher.jpg

Yep. Artstyle of the new games is totally different. Don't want the D1 experience to be ruined with comic style and gameplay from D3.

It was sarcasm for whoever said Diablo 2 wasn't scary. Duriel scared the fuck out of me when I first fought him.

Oh. Well. Yes. Me too. But that gif doesn't really make your case. Duriel's threatening nature didn't come from his animation loop. It took its lessons from Butcher. It came from suspense, immediacy, and implacability. Duriel's encounter comes with little warning, he moves fast, gives you a tiny (near) inescapable arena to fight him in, and hits hard.

But his attack animation, in a vaccum is gutless and... yes. Adorable.

Alric

I'm excited to play as the Necromancer. I remember the little scenario in Act 2 in the desert and wished you could play as him so this is great for me.

I do have similar concerns to a few though that it might be a bit too redundant with the Witch Doctor, but hopefully it's different enough to prove otherwise.

LCGeek

formerly sane
A shill makes some appearance to appear seperate, to have interests independent of the company. Blues aren't shills. Community Managers are very fucking openly PR gladhanders.

Ok how about without the word I make my complaint more directly.

I feel blizzard has shitty community management and worse doesn't listens to it fans except when they feel opportunistic or want to ninja nerf. When people like someone I mentioned defends such shitty things, outright ignore or worse deflects such situations that makes them a shill to me or others who have left pretty much the same thoughts with that very word on their own forums. So don't lecture me.

Nere

The dungeon idea sounds good but I really don't like the retro stuff they want to shoehorn, who wants to move in 8 directions? Hope there is a way to remove them.

Latimer

Banned
I have no nastosia over the Diablo series. I played 3 on PS4 and like it for what it was. If they change the art direction of Diablo 1 it doesn't bother me. If this gets patched in on PS4 or sold or whatever the hell they'll do for consoles I'll give it a shot.

Do yourself a favour and play Diablo 2, one of the greatest games of all time.

Ok how about without the word I make my complaint more directly.

I feel blizzard has shitty community management and worse doesn't listens to it fans except when they feel opportunistic or want to ninja nerf. When people like someone I mentioned defends such shitty things, outright ignore or worse deflects such situations that makes them a shill to me or others who have left pretty much the same thoughts with that very word on their own forums. So don't lecture me.

Yeah you're right, I shouldn't have torn a strip out of you for word choice. i got your meaning. My bad.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
ok so what you guys wanted was diablo 1 and 2 running in full hd ?
this is what red alert 2 looks like in 2560x1440

redalert2-11.png

feeling angry yet ?

Wallach

One of the benefits of Necromancer in the D3 engine is that CE should be even more entertaining with their physics system.

ok so what you guys wanted was diablo 1 and 2 running in full hd ?
this is what red alert 2 looks like in 2560x1440

redalert2-11.png

feeling angry yet ?

Diablo 2 unfortunately builds an alarming amount of its gaemplay on windowsize. Its scalability with resolution is poor. It'd require actual HD assets and not just a bigger viewing area.

Shikoba

Sounds cool. I'm kind of glad they aren't done with done with 3 just yet. I still enjoy it whenever I come back to it. Looking forward to the new content!

LCGeek

formerly sane
Nope I don't need to. Diablo 3 shows they have a understanding of the franchise. I know there's a certain subsect of people wanting to say it's crap like you guys but that doesn't make it fact.

It's crap yet it's one of my most played games on any platform, how about no to that thought.. There a difference from how they manage or develop the game from how I actually feel about it. Nor am I of the crowd who constantly bemoans D3 while asking for it to be like D2 or POE, which is boring and played out.

Yeah you're right, I shouldn't have torn a strip out of you for word choice. i got your meaning. My bad.

All gravy over here. This subject just inspires intensity from me.

Nabbis

Nope I don't need to. Diablo 3 shows they have a understanding of the franchise. I know there's a certain subsect of people wanting to say it's crap like you guys but that doesn't make it fact.

It took them up to four years after release to make a game that's still a shadow of it's predecessor. Understanding my ass. Subjective opinions and all but sometimes i feel that people live in some bizarro world.

It's not crap, but it is a little below mediocre. That's for sure.

Diablo 3 shows that they have a inkling of the series and did improve some areas but other then that.

At the beginning of it's release? they had no idea at all, which is why they had to retroactively change shit and now they seem to continue not understanding what made the overall experience of D1 and D2 so amazing.

No to both. I podcast and just wreck shit mostly single player. Game is great, at least on console. Got out of the PC version early on with the auction house stuff.

I wish the single player would satisfy me enough :(

I've had multiple save files destroyed with hacks when using matchmaking.

Eolz

I'm not looking forward to see how Diablo 1 will look with Diablo 3 artstyle (it's not a remake in engine, it's something else), but I'll still play it.
Shame it's not better than that though. Hopefully D4 will be closer to D2...

edit: not to say they should make D2.5 or that D3 was "crap". They improved a lot since release.

I'm so dissapointed and I say this as a big Necromancer fan. It really says something when Blizzard had to keep pandering to nostalgia instead of bringing in new content. I mean seriously D3 already has OG Barbarian and now we are throwing in Necromancer? Fuck it, go all out and milk the franchise by bringing the whole D2 cast in as playable characters. At this rate I'm getting more Diablo content in HotS and that's fucking pitiful.

However lack of content this Blizzcon and nothing at previous Blizzcon either hints at development of a big Diablo installment or Blizzard gave up on the franchise. I'm hedging my beta on the former for next Blizzcon but this one really makes my faith in them waver alot.

Lothars

It took them up to four years after release to make a game that's still a shadow of it's predecessor. Understanding my ass. Subjective opinions and all but sometimes i feel that people live in some bizarro world.
Diablo 3 is just as good as Diablo 2 is. They are different in most ways but quality wise they are close.

In what sense. D2 is a titan of gaming history but what does it actually hold over D3 at present, save atmosphere?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I love how the expectations a mix of the following:
- Diablo 2 Remaster
- Diablo 3 Expansion 2
- Diablo 4

And what we got instead was:
- Diablo 1 Remake in Diablo 3
- Diablo 3 Paid DLC Character Pack

Blizz master trolls, confirmed.

Top Bottom